Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released Nov 05, 2007

The fourth main Call of Duty game ditches the World War II setting of the past games to tell a story set in contemporary times, and backs it up with a breakthrough multiplayer mode.

COD4 PS3 Online Full of Hacker!

vivek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By vivek

I have reached to the end of my teather with this. In the past two weeks the number of hackers on the playstation 3 version of COD4 has gone through the roof. I mean like every game there will someone zipping around and killing you from under the map, through level walls and from the top of buildings that are unreachable. Has anyone else witnessed this? 

The sad thing is that the hacks are readily available from google searching and are easy to upload. IW and Activition need to do something quick time or I can see their generation changing FPS becoming a laughing stock! 

Last thing Araharharhhhrahrahrh! This explains how I feel about those f*cking pieces of inbred sh*t! 

*rant over*

T0mF5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By T0mF5

They already said on Twitter that they were working on fixing it.
    vivek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By vivek

They shouldnt be wasting their time on twitter....

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By natetodamax

I wasn't aware you could hack a console other than the PC

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Akeldama

i have only seen one hacking so far and it was just some asshole no clipping. I gave him a taste of my cold steel and he stopped.

vivek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By vivek
    @natetodamax: It can be done on the PS3 because you can access your game saves. 

@Akeldama: There are at least one in each game I play. Just watch for the guy on the radar that manages to get from one side of the map to the other 

Also the other day some guy managed to hack the game so that everyone entered a kind of debug mode where you could fly around the "Creak". 
    Crono11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Crono11

I ran into someone who had no clipping on the 360 version. Lucky for me he was pretty bad even for a hacker so it wasn't much of a problem besides being annoying.

vivek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By vivek

Can you access your game save file on the XB360?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@natetodamax said:
    "I wasn't aware you could hack a console other than the PC "
    You can it's just a lot harder, whoever made it, really knows what there doing.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TwoOneFive

i have never experienced hacking problems on the ps3 version of cod4. that console is virtually un-hackable dude. for real, compared to the psp, the hackers are totally dumbfounded when it comes to the ps3.  

now i do know a couple of tricks where you can hoist a team ate over a fence and get him out of the maps and even underneath.  
    but for the most part, a lot of that shit is only possible in old-school mode. and everyone knows, if you are playing old-school mode- you're a bitch. 

CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CowMuffins
    @natetodamax said:

" I wasn't aware you could hack a console other than the PC "

PS3 can easily connect to the PC, or I would believe so because you can download skins for UT3 off your PC and use them on the PS3(Correct me if I'm wrong, don't own UT3 for PS3). As the same with the PSP. This, of course, leads to hackers. The Wii is also easily hackable because of it's use of SD cards for memory. You kind of have to go more out of your way if you want to have a 360 though...
    super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By super_machine

How can I do this? I'm 13 and I want to pwn everyone the cheapest way possible because thats how good I am at this game. I'm so good in fact, I have to cheat in order to play because the standard rules are too easy.  I hope someone hacks the game so I can play as Master Chief. Oh, GTG my mom's calling me for lucnch.

lead_farmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#14  Edited By lead_farmer

I was playing last night and there were two guys from each team (on hardcore headquarters) who were flyin around and shooting from inside trees and stuff like that. I wonder if those guys are really having any fun, because it looks like it gets old and boring after awhile.  A lot of hackers will fly up to some high building and just snipe the whole time and they usually arent even that good at it.  Oh well, MW2 later this year........

NateDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By NateDogg

Similiar situation happened to me but on Xbox live. Umm... I can't remember the name of the map.. but its one of the original ones where its a big square, and theres the ground floor, and an upper level that is like balconies all around the center.. ANYWAYS.. if you guys know which map I am referring to.. It's the one with the water fountain thing in the center. 

But what this guy would do is he'd immediately run straight for the water fountain and it looks as if he went prone or dove in.. I really don't know, but after he did that, he was able to see outside from the inside and shoot at everyone.. No one could see him from the outside though.. and really we had to just spray and pray at the fountain to kill him. He would of course just go back.. after a while, the team stopped going to the center of the map.. but yeah.. First time I saw that glitch/hack. 

Also there was a dude floating around.. like literally flying around the map.. I've had COD4 since launch and I never seen that shit happen.. I guess I don't play enough.

themoon13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By themoon13
    @PeasForFees said:
    "

YOU MEAN GLITCHERS TO HACKERS ITS CALLED A EXPLOIT NOT HACKING AND IT HAPPENS WITH ALL VERSIONS OF GAMES caps lock needed

"
    Do your research before you act like a dick, there are a bunch of CoD4 hackers on PS3 using god mode, infinate ammo, no clip etc. etc. There's even videos on youtube.
    The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By The_A_Drain
    @Vivek said:
    "Can you access your game save file on the XB360? "

Yes, but you void warranties in the process, you have to break apart the HDD and access it, inside the MS HDD is a standard 3.5 inch. 

Any console can be hacked it's just down to how much effort people are willing to put into it, there is indeed a difference between glitches/exploits and hacks, and indeed both Xbox Live, Wii online, and PSN have seen there fair share of both. Any and all hardware/software can be hacked, it's just a question of how and why.
    angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By angelkanarias
    @natetodamax said:
    the same here
    CoverlessTech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By CoverlessTech
    @angelkanarias said:

" @natetodamax said:

the same here "
    L4D anyone? They hacked the hell out of that game, spawning countless infected and doing all kinds of whacked shit. CoD4 on 360 was hacked too. Halo has been hacked to there and back again. Every big game gets hacked eventually.
    gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By gike987
    @angelkanarias said:
    " @natetodamax said:
    the same here "
    If it is some type computer you can hack it. So all consoles can be hacked.
    bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By bicycleham
    @CoverlessTech said:
    " @angelkanarias said:

" @natetodamax said:

the same here "
    L4D anyone? They hacked the hell out of that game, spawning countless infected and doing all kinds of whacked shit. CoD4 on 360 was hacked too. Halo has been hacked to there and back again. Every big game gets hacked eventually. "
    Hacking L4D isn't exactly hacking. It's more like upping the game experience. I mean, having 10 tanks in a room is fun as hell.
    randiolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By randiolo
    @PeasForFees said:
    "

YOU MEAN GLITCHERS TO HACKERS ITS CALLED A EXPLOIT NOT HACKING AND IT HAPPENS WITH ALL VERSIONS OF GAMES caps lock needed

"
    ah dude no, their actually hacking in and able to fly around like a debug version of a game and land wherever they want. i was playin it all last week and it was fulll of hackers but this week i havnt seen 1. maybe the probs solved.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.