Does anybody HATE it when people team up in free-for-all

#1 Edited by moywar700 (174 posts) -

They have a big advantage over everybody because they have a partner helping them out. Like if you wanna go team up, they should play team death match.

#2 Posted by JasonR86 (9379 posts) -

I just try not to die. I can't even tell when people team up. I can only really tell if I'm dead or if I killed someone.

#3 Posted by believer258 (11046 posts) -

Find a buddy and team up with him.

#4 Posted by TooWalrus (12976 posts) -

Can't you just shoot those guys?

#5 Edited by moywar700 (174 posts) -

@TooWalrus said:

Can't you just shoot those guys?

because they teamed up on me.

you can say I can just shoot them before they shoot me but their survival increases significantly since they have a partner.

#6 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4866 posts) -

@JasonR86 said:

I just try not to die. I can't even tell when people team up. I can only really tell if I'm dead or if I killed someone.

#7 Posted by NegativeCero (2927 posts) -

I'd probably die just as quickly whether or not someone decided to team up.

#8 Posted by EquitasInvictus (1868 posts) -

Yeah, people buddying up in a free-for-all is definitely tough to deal with. Nevertheless, it's something people would do naturally in any kinda battle royale -- form alliances to clear the board before they're the only ones left, after which they simply go at each other.

For those kinds of players you just have to be smart about it. If you know people are buddying up, avoid them in situations where you could potentially be exposed to both of them at once. Find opportunities and tight spaces to pick them off or leave them for other players to pick out. Either that, or just become really good at killing people when outnumbered.

#9 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

runrunrunshootdudedhootdudedie

#10 Posted by ajamafalous (11592 posts) -

COD4 thread in 2012.

#11 Posted by moywar700 (174 posts) -

@EquitasInvictus said:

Yeah, people buddying up in a free-for-all is definitely tough to deal with. Nevertheless, it's something people would do naturally in any kinda battle royale -- form alliances to clear the board before they're the only ones left, after which they simply go at each other.

For those kinds of players you just have to be smart about it. If you know people are buddying up, avoid them in situations where you could potentially be exposed to both of them at once. Find opportunities and tight spaces to pick them off or leave them for other players to pick out. Either that, or just become really good at killing people when outnumbered.

yea i guess your right thanks =p.

#12 Posted by davidwitten22 (1703 posts) -

I'm more upset when people camp in gun game modes (mostly in Counter Strike). But I avoid multiplayer in FPS's as often as possible because I suck and don't find it particularly fun.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.