Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released Nov 05, 2007

The fourth main Call of Duty game ditches the World War II setting of the past games to tell a story set in contemporary times, and backs it up with a breakthrough multiplayer mode.

Favorite mission(s) in Campaign?

• 69 results
    xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By xruntime

It wasn't the sniping that hooked me, it was the stealth.

Mukor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Mukor

I'm also gonna join the All Ghillied Up club. From the first moment when McMillan stands up and you see how effective the camouflage is, I knew it was going to be awesome. Ultimatum was also pretty great, sneaking through the houses in the first half.

I'd really love to see IW do a denied ops style game with a smaller squad and a focus on stealth over huge battles.

N3vsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By N3vsta

very hard to decide, theres to many! i guess  i liked blackout alot

zoozilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By zoozilla

I really like Crew Expendable.

Has to be one of the greatest opening missions in video game history.  When I finished that mission and "Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare" came up on the screen, my excitement level went through the roof.

Of course, All Ghillied Up is also great, as is the last mission (The End, I think it was called?).  It was the perfect action movie ending and provided an amazing sense of accomplishment and satisfaction; but not only that, Infinity Ward managed to make me think about war, which is something no other war game has ever made me do.

Robot_Vampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55  Edited By Robot_Vampire

It's either All Ghillied Up or Charlie Don't Surf. The former because the level takes a different approach to the gameplay style you got used to and changes it well and the latter because I liked the fighting on the streets. And the TV station room battle was pretty immense and is absolutely solid on Veteran.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By meteora

I have too many bloody favourite missions; I pretty much love the whole single player itself. I suppose I'll get onto making a list of missions...

Crew Expendable: I'm a real big fan when it comes to flashy introductions and this one felt awesome (though many others in COD4 were just equally as awesome; it's just that this one was the first one I got to experience). Running and escaping for your life at the end was intense.

Charlie Don't Surf: I'm not sure why but this mission is loved by me. I just like the street combat and how it makes a transition from stealth to urban combat. Plus the intro is pretty cool.

Shock and Awe/Aftermath: The beginning of the mission was awesome as you feel like your part of an invasion force. Charlie Don't Surf did a exceptional job but it never seemed anything as grand as this. You also get to blast people apart with your grenade launcher from above. But the selling point of this mission is at the end. One of the most emotional gaming moments I've experienced in my life, I cannot think of any games that has literally made my heart cry. On a side note I hear you can hear a girl calling out "I love you daddy" in Aftermath in the midst of hearing children playing, which made it even more depressing (I could vaguely hear it). The way how the mission represents itself is amazing, I've became attached to Jackson.

All Ghillied Up: Out of all the missions there is, this happens to be the hidden surprise of the game. You are paired up with arguably one the best companion in this game (he is after all, the only ally on your side). I especially like how powerful the graphics are that I couldn't even see Captain MacMillan in the beginning of the game lying in the grass. Captain MacMillan was so awesome with his kickass personality and Scottish voice that he is one of my favourite characters. Like Aftermath where you can hear children voices, you can also hear some from this mission too yelling out for help. While Aftermath was the horrors of war, All Ghillied Up was the horrors of Chernobyl. Though both are quite similar relating to disaster.

Game Over: I never really play this mission as much as I do with the others. Its been neglected, but I love it. Along with Aftermath this is the most emotional level I've played.

Mile High Club: The most badass mission when it comes to pure ass kicking. You and your team of SAS essentially storm the whole mission and killing everything that gets in your way from rescuing the objective, and this must be accomplished within 1-3 minutes. Sure its short but it portrays the badassery of special forces, even if it was unrealistic.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

All Ghillied Up was definitely the surpise, but it was a fantastic mission.  Had a lesser studio worked on the game, that mission could have felt very tedious. 

Fortunately, the controls are tight, the mission design was pitch perfect, and most of all, MacMillan was a damn enjoyable character.  I felt comfortable being around him. 

Until shit hit the fan a mission later, that is.

H3ADSHOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By H3ADSHOT

My favorites are, Charlie Don't Surf, All Ghillied Up, Mile High Club, and Death From Above.

bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#59  Edited By bwooduhs

Definitly All Ghillied Up. I love to snipe and i also love stealth so it was perfect.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#60  Edited By Karmum

One Shot, One Kill, because it was incredibly cumbersome to beat on Veteran difficulty. Trying to run past all of those dudes had to be one of the most mind-invigorating things like, ever. And alot of screaming, yes, a lot of screaming.

fillmoejoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#61  Edited By fillmoejoe

crew expendable, war pig, one shot one kill, all ghilled up, mile high club.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Al3xand3r

I liked the sniper mission and the fleeing afterwards. I also liked the mission after the final mission. It should have had more simple fun scenarios like that one.

Ben4526

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#63  Edited By Ben4526

All Ghillied up and no fighting in the war room

Heartagram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#64  Edited By Heartagram
    banksrob said:
    "mile high club for me, took me ages and got the reward :)"
    I feel like a dick but for some reason this didnt take very long for me like maybe 2 hours....on vet

I love All Ghillied up
    Bigvic785

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Bigvic785

All Ghillied up... Cpt. McMillan is the ultimate Bad Ass. "Stay Low and Move Slowly"
    I remember they tried to recreate the experience in COD WAW. It wasn't the same. Vendetta just didn't have the same atmosphere 

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Linkyshinks

War PIggy, The Boggy, Surf's Up Charlie, All G'd Up From The Feet Up.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#67  Edited By Azteck

I'm so gonna hate all the missions when I'm done with playing it on veteran... but I guess All Ghillied Up would be my answer. Still haven't gotten it without alerting that one guard. >:

Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#68  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38

All Ghillied Up and Mile High Club are my top.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#69  Edited By mikemcn

All Ghillied Up, it has the most intense game sequence i've ever played when you crawl under the trucks. It may not seem that exciting but it is. Also its a beautiful level and you have the option of just blowing everyone up if you want

BUT DON"T SHOOT THE WILD DOG....... JUST DON"T DO IT!!!

and Mile High club even though i can't beat it on Veteran.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.