Found something out about CoD4!!! Ultra late news.

#1 Posted by awesomeusername (4154 posts) -

I don't know if people knew about this or not or if I only know this but oh well. So in the epilogue mission at the end of the game, the one in the airplane, at the beginning of this mission, two guys are talking. One guy says "Surely you can't be serious." Then the other guy says "I am serious, and don't call me Shirley."  This is from a conversation in the movie "Airplane!" This movie starred Leslie Nielson of the 'Naked Gun' series. On Yahoo!, they put news up about how he died last Sunday. Here's the link: 

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.ap.org/leslie-nielsen-naked-gun-fame-dies-age-84-ap 

#2 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -
@awesomeusername: You only just figured this out? 

I can only picture how much your mind must have been blown when you did :P
#3 Posted by Djeffers03 (2545 posts) -

Wow?

#4 Posted by Droop (1839 posts) -

I didn't know that. Then again I've not watched Airplane! :s

#5 Posted by Indiana_Jenkins (383 posts) -

Are you under 15?  

Because that would be the only acceptable reason for that reference to be lost on you.

#6 Posted by nail1080 (1975 posts) -

Yeah that was very obvious to most people actually.

#7 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

I haven't seen Airplane and even I know this and have known since the game was released. I don't see what the big whoop is.

#8 Edited by awesomeusername (4154 posts) -
@Hamz: I WAS FULLY BLOWN AND SINCE YOU SAY I JUST FIGURED THIS OUT, I NOW HATE MYSELF. I WILL HIDE IN A HOLE OF SHAME FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE!!! Like this. 

#9 Edited by awesomeusername (4154 posts) -
@Hamz: You may close this shameful thread now. :P

@Indiana_Jenkins: I guess I should lie about my age and say I'm 14. (I'm 18) And may I say I've never seen 'Airplane!'.
#10 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -
@awesomeusername: I think that raccoon looks pretty comfortable. That looks like the hole of comfort more than the hole of shame.
#11 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10576 posts) -

I won't insult you, because there are plenty of obvious things that I haven't noticed over the years, and if I remember that part of the game correctly, it's kind of hard to hear the dialog, and I think the first time I played it I missed it because I didn't even hear what he was saying (but noticed it the second time I played that level, because it was a pretty kick-ass level). 

#12 Posted by awesomeusername (4154 posts) -
@Hamz: I couldn't find a better hole. What about this? 

#13 Posted by JacDG (2114 posts) -
@Hamz said:
" @awesomeusername: I think that raccoon looks pretty comfortable. That looks like the hole of comfort more than the hole of shame. "
I agree.
#14 Posted by tooPrime (338 posts) -

Hey guys, did you know the Under Pressure was not written by My Chemical Romance but some band named Queen?

#15 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

#16 Posted by awesomeusername (4154 posts) -
@Hamz: THREAD CLOSE, THREAD CLOSE, THREAD CLOSE!!!!!
#17 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -
@Hamz said:
" @awesomeusername: You only just figured this out?   "
Yeah, surely you can't be serious? (HAHAHAHA... ha... ):)
#18 Posted by awesomeusername (4154 posts) -
@xobballox said:
" @Hamz said:
" @awesomeusername: You only just figured this out?   "
Yeah, surely you can't be serious? (HAHAHAHA... ha... ):) "
I am serious! And don't call me Shirley. :P
#19 Posted by Mikemcn (6959 posts) -

I had no idea what that meant when I heard it, my god, it all makes sense right now.

And you all seem to overestimate the cultural influence of Airplane!

#20 Posted by theredace (80 posts) -

Yeah, dude. One of the most famous lines in the history of cinema.

#21 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5385 posts) -

Man, I really don't remember them making that reference in the epilogue. I should replay that game!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.