Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released Nov 05, 2007

The fourth main Call of Duty game ditches the World War II setting of the past games to tell a story set in contemporary times, and backs it up with a breakthrough multiplayer mode.

I love this game so much more than MW2

NeverDeadXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By NeverDeadXE

So after playing MW2 quite a bit since it's release, i've grown quite tired of the same old maps and BS that comes with playing such a broken game. I decided to pick up COD4 again and ever since i stopped playing MW2, i've been sleeping easier (NO JOKE). Is this a sign that i should stop playing online games so much?

NeverDeadXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By NeverDeadXE

So after playing MW2 quite a bit since it's release, i've grown quite tired of the same old maps and BS that comes with playing such a broken game. I decided to pick up COD4 again and ever since i stopped playing MW2, i've been sleeping easier (NO JOKE). Is this a sign that i should stop playing online games so much?

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By natetodamax

You say this now, but eventually you'll just stop playing CoD 4 and will go back to MW2. Happens to everyone.

Interfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Interfect

Cod Fanboys FTW?

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By natetodamax
    @Interfect said:
    " Cod Fanboys FTW? "
    Surely you weren't referring to me.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By danhimself

I stopped playing MW2 a while back to...I enjoy WaW so much more...mostly because of zombies

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By meteora

I consider Call of Duty 4 a classic than Modern Warfare 2, but that's just me.

AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AlwaysAngry

I seriously just don't understand what people are thinking when they make topics. 

Could any good come from this topic?

Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Ace829
    @AlwaysAngry:  It's not a troll thread. Just uninteresting. So it's not whether anything good comes out of it. It's whether anything comes out of it.
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By Jeust
    @AlwaysAngry said:

" I seriously just don't understand what people are thinking when they make topics. 

Could any good come from this topic? "

Yes! Boobies. :D
    George_Hukas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By George_Hukas

I still play both pretty religiously and I tend to agree. Gotta love those 50 man servers

AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AlwaysAngry
    @Jeust: Indeed.
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jeust
    @AlwaysAngry said:
    " @Jeust: Indeed. "
    ^^
    Avatar image for peepeepoopoo696
    peepeepoopoo696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By peepeepoopoo696
    @AlwaysAngry: Hey wait you changed your avatar to boobs. Boobs make everybody happy and if your always angry and boobs always make people happy and your always angry and boobs make people happy and your always angry and boobs always make people happy and your always angry and boobs always make people happy and your always angry and boobs always make people happy and your always angry and boobs always make people happy and your always angry and boobs always make people happy and your always angry and boobs always make people happy and your always angry and boobs always make people happy and your always angry and boobs always make people happy and your always angry and boobs always make people happy and your always angry and boobs always make people happy and your always angry and boobs always make people happy and your always angry and boobs always make people happy and your always angry and boobs always make people happy and your always angry and boobs always make people happy and your always angry and boobs always make people happy and your always angry and boobs always make people happy and your always angry and boobs always make people happy and your always angry and boobs always make people happy and your always angry and boobs always make people happy and your always angry and boobs always make people happy and your always angry and boobs always make people happy and your always angry and boobs always make people happy and your always angry and boobs always make people happy and your always angry and boobs always make people happy and your always angry and boobs always make people happy and your always angry and boobs always make people happy and your always angry and boobs always make people happy and your always angry and boobs always make people happy and your always angry and boobs always make people happy and your always angry and boobs always make people happy and your always angry and boobs always make people happy and your always angry!!! 
    You have just ripped a hole in the time space continuum.
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jeust
    @Atomasist said:
    " @AlwaysAngry: Hey wait you changed your avatar to boobs. Boobs make everybody happy and if your always angry and boobs always make people happy and your always angry and boobs make people happy and your always angry and boobs always make people happy and your always angry and boobs always make people happy and your always angry and boobs always make people happy and your always angry and boobs always make people happy and your always angry and boobs always make people happy and your always angry and boobs always make people happy and your always angry and boobs always make people happy and your always angry and boobs always make people happy and your always angry and boobs always make people happy and your always angry and boobs always make people happy and your always angry and boobs always make people happy and your always angry and boobs always make people happy and your always angry and boobs always make people happy and your always angry and boobs always make people happy and your always angry and boobs always make people happy and your always angry and boobs always make people happy and your always angry and boobs always make people happy and your always angry and boobs always make people happy and your always angry and boobs always make people happy and your always angry and boobs always make people happy and your always angry and boobs always make people happy and your always angry and boobs always make people happy and your always angry and boobs always make people happy and your always angry and boobs always make people happy and your always angry and boobs always make people happy and your always angry and boobs always make people happy and your always angry and boobs always make people happy and your always angry and boobs always make people happy and your always angry and boobs always make people happy and your always angry and boobs always make people happy and your always angry and boobs always make people happy and your always angry!!! You have just ripped a hole in the time space continuum. "
    Is that the great wall of bullshit i see?
    Avatar image for deactivated-63efc336e9a4d
    deactivated-63efc336e9a4d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@AlwaysAngry:  What I got from this topic...was boobs. Get it? Boobs! LOL
    AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AlwaysAngry

So like... is this thread about boobs now? Well then...

NeverDeadXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By NeverDeadXE

i think we can all agree boobs are pretty good

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jeust
    @AlwaysAngry said:
    " So like... is this thread about boobs now? Well then... "
    No... well it's about the evolution of grenades... in Modern Warfare.  

I agree the grenades in MW1 were better than in MW2. 
    wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

Call of Duty 4 is to Modern Warfare 2 as Resident Evil 4 is to RE5.  

Authentic yo.

AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AlwaysAngry
    @Jeust said:
    " @AlwaysAngry said:
    No... well it's about the evolution of grenades... in Modern Warfare.   I agree the grenades in MW1 were better than in MW2.  "
    I really liked the timer on the grenades in Killzone 2.
    NeverDeadXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By NeverDeadXE

i can see where your coming from wolf... except RE5 isnt totally broken.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jeust

I haven't played either of them, but from what generally happens with sequels, the first one is more of a shy game that tries to innovate while relying in what it works, and the sequel blows it with more fluff and bang. That said it is easy to find the first one better.  

I'll try MW someday. 

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Jeust
    @AlwaysAngry said:

" @Jeust said:

" @AlwaysAngry said:
    No... well it's about the evolution of grenades... in Modern Warfare.   I agree the grenades in MW1 were better than in MW2.  "
    I really liked the timer on the grenades in Killzone 2. "
    Yeah! In the first one it was a bit loose.  

@NeverDeadXE said:
    " i can see where your coming from wolf... except RE5 isnt totally broken. "
    Yep, only mostly broken. 
    Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24  Edited By Evilsbane
    @AlwaysAngry said:
    Wow I feel bad because I saw your avatar and was gonna post a boob comment than I kept reading and saw that it already happened... I am a sheep a slave to boobies!!!!
    jstaunton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jstaunton

Late to the party I know, but I certainly prefer CoD4 to MW2, and it's probably because I pretty much played CoD4 non-stop (an unhealthy amount) when it first came out, due to the circumstances I was in. I love the game and I've played far too much of it but I know every nook and cranny of each map and whilst there are always the same two or three maps that I despise (Wetwork, Countdown etc), I will play this game  until the servers stop working or people stop playing it.

I bought MW2 on launch as well and whether it's because my access to the game was restricted or I was just too fond of CoD4, I've barely played MW2 (about 8 hours online? compared to an embarrassing amount on CoD4), and I don't see any incentive to play it really. I hear about nuke boosters, about bad glitches and people cheating a lot (sure, happens CoD4 but not as much) and whilst I've tried to like MW2 because it's supposed to be an upgrade in terms of gameplay, I think I'll stick to CoD4.

No hatred towards MW2 and I like the main story but I just can't get into it.

Nasos100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#26  Edited By Nasos100
    @Atomasist: is this a nirvana song?
    ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ShockD

I liked the story more than MW2 too. It's really unique.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.