Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released Nov 05, 2007

The fourth main Call of Duty game ditches the World War II setting of the past games to tell a story set in contemporary times, and backs it up with a breakthrough multiplayer mode.

To people who get annoyed about certain perk "noobs"

• 67 results
    Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By Player1

agreed, funny how many people don't understand the concept that there are more then one way to play a game. 

HitNRun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By HitNRun

Why is martyrdom noobish? Because anyone - yea, verily, even an noob - can have success with it, no matter how bad they are at the game. You're literally getting kills by accident. My grandmother could accumulate a decent number of kills with martyrdom. My other, dead grandmother could accumulate a decent number of kills with martyrdom.

Yes, anyone with a brain knows how to avoid martyrdom, but that doesn't make you immune to it. The grenade indicator doesn't appear until you're in range, plus there's always surprise martyrdoms when you're sprinting through or entering areas where you haven't seen people die.

Finally, avoiding martyrdom has a negative effect on the game. It breaks immersion to have to tapdance around for three seconds before entering a dead area, having to retreat away from someone you just blew away, blowing your cover to get away from a newly dead body, etc.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#53  Edited By mike
    DualReaver said:
    "I dun care, Matyrdom is noob anyway you look at it."
    I've been playing a lot of Domination lately with some friends from work, and I've been using this combo:

M1014 Shotgun + Grip
    Stopping Power
    Martyrdom

It's been awesome.  It seems like in a typical round I get three or four kills from the dropped grenades, the rest are from my shotgun.  I'm not really good enough to get airstrikes or helicopters on a regular basis. 

I don't really see the martyrdom perk as "noobish"...most people are aware enough of what they're doing so they don't run straight into the grenade.  If they do...too bad.  Domination is the only game mode I ever use Martyrdom in though - otherwise I see it as useless.
    hungrynun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By hungrynun

Martyrdom is extremely easy to avoid.

People who don't know how to run away from it are usually the bulk complaining about it.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#55  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

While I don't think Martyrdom should be in the game, it is in the game, and it would be stupid not to take advantage of it. Taking full advantage of what the developers give you isn't noobish.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By Rowr
    Kung_Fu_Viking said:
    "Why do you think that certain perks, say, Juggernaut  or Martyrdom or any of these other perks you consider to be "nooby" shouldn't be in the game. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean the person using them is any less skilled or anything like that.

Y'know I really don't like snipers in this game but that doesn't mean I think all sniping weapons should be removed from the game. I don't think that players that use this particular strategy are "noobs" because they hide away and kill from a distance. It's just another way of playing the game, another strategy to use and it's exactly the same for perks.

If I'm playing against snipers I change the way I play to try and avoid them and take advantage of their small field of vision whilst they are sniping. If you come across a player using a perk you don't like, don't piss and moan about it, adapt the way you play. Counter their tactics with your own.

(Edited for readability)"
    im with you brother.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#57  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

The simple fact is that no matter what any one says about not liking them is that they are unbalanced many of the perks are unbalanced and ingame radar,bombing run, and helicopter are way inbalanced i mean comeon? you've been killing without being killed your good enough to do that you get even more options to kill? thats just overkill.

zeus_gb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#58  Edited By zeus_gb
    AndrewGaspar said:
    "The thing that bugs me the most about martyrdom is that it basically makes you a suicide bomber. How many U.S. Marines do you think would pull the pin on a grenade while they're on the ground dieing?"
    It's only a game!

Marty is annoying in certain modes such as TDM when you get killed by a team mate.
    Lemegeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Lemegeton
    Kung_Fu_Viking said:
    "Why do you think that certain perks, say, Juggernaut  or Martyrdom or any of these other perks you consider to be "nooby" shouldn't be in the game. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean the person using them is any less skilled or anything like that.

Y'know I really don't like snipers in this game but that doesn't mean I think all sniping weapons should be removed from the game. I don't think that players that use this particular strategy are "noobs" because they hide away and kill from a distance. It's just another way of playing the game, another strategy to use and it's exactly the same for perks.

i could not DISAGREE more. using perks like Martyrdom and claymores is a clear sign that you suck at the game. if a person was skilled at the game they would not need to use these perks to get kills. Indirect kills are fucking stupid. And you cannot compare these perks to snipers, yes snipers can be annoying but at least there is skill involved, they have to spot their target, line up and take the shot and have good reactions if they miss. Can you please tell me where is the SKILL involved in killing someone with a claymore or a martyrdom grenade
    zeus_gb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#60  Edited By zeus_gb
    Lemegeton said:
    "Kung_Fu_Viking said:

i could not DISAGREE more. using perks like Martyrdom and claymores is a clear sign that you suck at the game. if a person was skilled at the game they would not need to use these perks to get kills. Indirect kills are fucking stupid. And you cannot compare these perks to snipers, yes snipers can be annoying but at least there is skill involved, they have to spot their target, line up and take the shot and have good reactions if they miss. Can you please tell me where is the SKILL involved in killing someone with a claymore or a martyrdom grenade
    "
    Claymores are a good way of locking down an area your protecting.
    Lemegeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Lemegeton
    zeus_gb said:
    "Lemegeton said:
    "Kung_Fu_Viking said:
    Claymores are a good way of locking down an area your protecting."

thats a fair point i wont dispute that if you playing the team based modes and are guarding objectives. But using them in a straight up deathmatch is totally lame.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#62  Edited By TwoOneFive
    Kung_Fu_Viking said:

If I'm playing against snipers I change the way I play to try and avoid them and take advantage of their small field of vision whilst they are sniping. If you come across a player using a perk you don't like, don't piss and moan about it, adapt the way you play. Counter their tactics with your own.

(Edited for readability)"
    you come on here compaining about people complaining about perks, but you complain that people who snipe are noobs. pfft. 

no matter what anyone says, juggernaut is for noobs, and i think they should just get rid of stopping power as well just to balance that.
    martyrdom isn't so bad because, yea noobs use it a lot, but its so damn strategic to use in modes like domination and headquaters. but in modes like hardcore ones, nobody uses it. i dont see it a lot in death match or free for all either. 

sniping isn't a noob tactic. yeah, sure they are camping out, but thats not what makes a noob, their a noob if they're sniping and get killed easily. when you see a guy only sniping and he has like 20 kills, you cant call him a noob. because if he was, then youre even more of a noob for letting him get away with it so much. 
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By TwoOneFive
    Demilich said:
    "Kung_Fu_Viking said:
    "DualReaver said:
    "I dun care, Matyrdom is noob anyway you look at it."
    See that's the sort of narrowminded post I was hoping we could avoid here.
    Try explaining WHY you think that. I can understand why you might but please do let us know your reasoning."
    Don't be an idiot. There is no skill in Martyrdom, you die, you drop a grenade, hopefully you get a kill. If you think that tactical 'dying' is skill there's a name for that. A noob."
    it is very tactical, you run into a headquaters and if there is a bunch of people in the room from the other team already you can just run in there like a mad man like a suicide bomber. matyrdom is a huge strategy for domination and headquarters. all other modes its really not as effective, well except for maybe sabotage, but that mode is lame. 
    AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#64  Edited By AndrewJD

Martyrdom may be a good tactic for HQ, but you can just as easily throw a grenade in the room and then wait for them to either come out, or get blown up.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#65  Edited By wefwefasdf

I don't find any of them to be nooby but I just get annoyed when I get killed by them. haha It is my problem. Not theirs. lol

Psytek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Psytek

people keep saying that its in the game therefore we should just deal with it... but what does that have to do with enjoyment?

there are lots of things in lots of games, some are good, some are bad, and they effect how much fun it is to play.

it is not fun to get killed by someone who you just killed - it doesn't make sense, it punishes for playing the game well/properly, and to a certain extent, its not very fun to get kills using martyrdom, because you don't really have a sense of accomplishment from being given what is essentially a dice-roll free kill.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By crunchUK

people call anything nooby if it gets them killed. still i hate martyrdom. worst thing ever to go into an online game

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.