Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released Nov 05, 2007

The fourth main Call of Duty game ditches the World War II setting of the past games to tell a story set in contemporary times, and backs it up with a breakthrough multiplayer mode.

Why no Pistol Challenge love?

Scarecrow_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Scarecrow_

Something that I've wondered for a while now: why are there no challenges for pistols in COD4? I mean, they have stuff for every primary weapon.

This is something that IW could add in with a patch, of course. But we haven't seen them add on the rank or reward system at all so far.

Thoughts?

SimpsonFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By SimpsonFan

Ya, i thought about that too. Because it would be a smart idea since the Main Guns have them. Also would be cool if you snipe alot, get some challenges done, have a blue or red tiger Pistol.

NorthernFredz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By NorthernFredz

Red tiger M9 would be sweet.

MrRetep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By MrRetep

I think we should get challenges and gametypes for pistols. Pistols only headshots?

Scarecrow_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By Scarecrow_

I concur, MrRetep. Game types made for pistol and knife only would be so much fun. Sometimes I wonder why developers leave out stuff that seems so obvious.

murat8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By murat8

yea it would be nice

zeus_gb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By zeus_gb

Pistol challenges would have been awesome, pistols like the M9 in digital.  Even a game type for pistols only would be awesome.

JamesF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By JamesF

Pistol challenges definitely would've been awesome. Also knife challenges. I see no point in knifing someone or pistoling someone from behind because of weapons challenges. If there were pistol/knife challenges, it would give me an incentive to just knife his ass :P

Logan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Logan
    JamesF said:
    "Pistol challenges definitely would've been awesome. Also knife challenges. I see no point in knifing someone or pistoling someone from behind because of weapons challenges. If there were pistol/knife challenges, it would give me an incentive to just knife his ass :P
    "
    Yeah, I always get stuck in the same frame of mind. When I sneak up on someone I have to choose between getting an easy headshot for my gun, or humiliating them with either the knife or pistol. I usually just end up shooting them in the foot to death with my pistol for maximum humiliation when killcam is on.
    Strife88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By Strife88

I was thinking about the same thing a while back, I got enough kills and headshots with it to get some new camo for it.

zmf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By zmf

I think if Infinty Ward was to make them people would be barely getting any kills per game trying to get these challenges.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.