Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released Nov 05, 2007

The fourth main Call of Duty game ditches the World War II setting of the past games to tell a story set in contemporary times, and backs it up with a breakthrough multiplayer mode.

WIll there be an archive of Breaking Brad?

RedRoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By RedRoach

It didn't go up on the weekend so I suspected it would be up today, but it itsn't. I was really hoping to see it, the first BB was awesome and I've suffered through MHC.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By EuanDewar

It was like what, 3 or 4 hours long?

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By GreggD

@EuanDewar said:

It was like what, 3 or 4 hours long?

God dammit, it's subscriber content to begin with! GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT! D:

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MikkaQ

It'd probably be split up if anything, it was like 4 hours of pure struggle. Brad's a trooper though.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By GreggD

@MikkaQ: A broken, shell of a trooper. But eh, he gave it his best. Actually, I don't think I caught the end, did he ever get it?

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MikkaQ

@GreggD said:

@MikkaQ: A broken, shell of a trooper. But eh, he gave it his best. Actually, I don't think I caught the end, did he ever get it?

No, but in a beautiful fit of rage-quitting, he immediately booted up Geometry Wars and played till he got hit once.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sure it will be. Didn't they only stop because they ran out of capture space? That means they were recording it, right? They wouldn't record it unless they were planning on posting, surely.

Actually, they were going to post it, but then the archive took an arrow in the knee. (I'm going to do my best to drive this into the ground)

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GreggD

@MikkaQ said:

@GreggD said:

No, but in a beautiful fit of rage-quitting, he immediately booted up Geometry Wars and played till he got hit once.

God damn, that is great.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By BisonHero

@GreggD said:

He did give it his best as far as giving it his full attention and ability, but after about an hour, he also became ideologically committed to sticking with the strategy he already had, and not giving any alternate strategy a fair shake. He refused to commit to use enemy weapons (the P90), to switch to his alternate weapon EVER, or to knife the bathroom guy to take an element of randomness out of the equation. Norm and Patrick both gave him good advice that he ignored.

It was this weird combination of legitimately trying, while also completely sabotaging himself.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By GreggD

@BisonHero said:

@GreggD said:

He did give it his best as far as giving it his full attention and ability, but after about an hour, he also became ideologically committed to sticking with the strategy he already had, and not giving any alternate strategy a fair shake. He refused to commit to use enemy weapons (the P90), to switch to his alternate weapon EVER, or to knife the bathroom guy to take an element of randomness out of the equation. Norm and Patrick both gave him good advice that he ignored.

It was this weird combination of legitimately trying, while also completely sabotaging himself.

Hey, I've been in the position of playing that mission for the achievement. It's really easy to put the blinders on, depending on your personality.

Rudy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Rudy

I was thinking the same thing today. Please tell us there's an archived version of this going up for subscribers soon!

PLEASE!!!

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MikkaQ

@GreggD said:

@BisonHero said:

@GreggD said:

Hey, I've been in the position of playing that mission for the achievement. It's really easy to put the blinders on, depending on your personality.

My roommate played along for the entire cast, plus another 3 hours after in order to finally get it. It makes sense, you get locked in to your strategy hoping it'll work out, just this one time.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By GreggD

@MikkaQ said:

@GreggD said:

@BisonHero said:

@GreggD said:

My roommate played along for the entire cast, plus another 3 hours after in order to finally get it. It makes sense, you get locked in to your strategy hoping it'll work out, just this one time.

I think for that reason, and reasons like it make it one of the best levels ever in gaming. There's really no plot, but it's just so perfect.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BisonHero

@GreggD said:

Yeah, I guess as a player, I'm always one to question what I'm doing, seek help/suggestions from other, and think "the designer couldn't have possibly intended for it to be this impossible". Though I do get extra frustrated when it turns out the designers DO intend for it to be that difficult. But even with say Super Meat Boy levels, you can usually sort of see how there's an ideal route where you just run constantly and need to have decent timing.

As far as I can tell with the Mile High Club achievement, unless you're willing to put in the time to be a flashbang savant and stun all of the guys at the EXACT right time (which is how a lot of the super fast or knife-only YouTube videos do it), your best option is clearly to switch guns constantly (including using the pistol) and try to use the P90 as much as possible. Brad just became INSANELY stubborn about only using the default gun, and even he repeatedly acknowledged he was wasting so much time having to reload it constantly.

Avatar image for deactivated-65f0b21bb6a1a
    deactivated-65f0b21bb6a1a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really hope they archive it as I missed it and would love to see it, sounded really entertaining.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MikkaQ

@GreggD: How did the terrorists get on the plane? Why are there so many? Why was the SAS in the ceiling of the plane, directly under the VIP they needed to rescue? Why didn't they drill upwards in that case? Why don't they take the stairs with the luggage blocking it right next to the spawn that takes them into the room with the VIP?

Yeah no plot is right. But I loved that mission.

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By chilibean_3

Of course it will be. Seems like a weird question to ask.

yagami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By yagami

@chilibean_3: Yeah, it will, just worried.. it has been a while and i'd love to see it.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By GreggD

@MikkaQ said:

@GreggD: How did the terrorists get on the plane? Why are there so many? Why was the SAS in the ceiling of the plane, directly under the VIP they needed to rescue? Why didn't they drill upwards in that case? Why don't they take the stairs with the luggage blocking it right next to the spawn that takes them into the room with the VIP?

Yeah no plot is right. But I loved that mission.

Fuckin' a, Duder.

nonny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#20  Edited By nonny

Been awaiting this to be archived for ages! I need it! I crave it

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.