benevolentbob216's Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (PC) review

Best In Series.

Wow, I just finished beating the single player campaign on this game , and what a thrill ride. This game definitely deserves all the praise it has received by both critics and gamers alike.

The graphics are outstanding. On max settings this game is one of the best looking out there right now. Lots of awesome lighting, shadow, and particle effects as well as some pretty good textures. The game also has a pretty fluid frame-rate and only a little bit of pop-in but that trelies more on your computer than the game itself. This game may not be quite as forgiving as Steam powered games but it still will run smoothly on at least low settings on most newer computers, and it doesn't take all that much to max it out either. I'm running a 2.4 ghz Core 2 Duo Processor With 3 GB of RAM and a 8600M GT with max settings. Yep, and if you didn't recognize what that M meant, it stands for mobile. That's right folks the game is running max on my laptop and smoothly at that.

The soundwork is astounding. All of the gun and explosion sound effects are awesome, and the guns really sound unique. The soundtrack itself is simply epic, it's what you would expect in an oscar nominated war film. The voicework is espeecially good and you really get into the characters.

This game features the classic Call of Duty game-play that we know and love, but a little more fine tuned and in a modern setting. The modern setting is a nice change, I was getting kind of tired of World War II, plus I think I can relate more to this story thanks to the state of the world we live in today, and got a little more emotionally involved. While the campaign is short, it has a ton of action and is litered with interactive cinematic sequences that are just plain awesome and make the whole thing feel truly epic. Some of the missions are amazing, my favorite is the sniper mission flashback in Chernobyl. The storyline in this game rivals Metal Gear Solid in terms of being an interactive experience rather than just a game. When you're all finished up with the single player, there's the multi player. Now, Call of Duty multi-player has always been good, but they completely revolutionized it here. It is much more deep, and much more competitive. Being able to create your own classes and choosing your advantages and disadvantages wisely is pretty darn cool. Plus now there's players ranks and little unlockables to show that you're just that much better than that other guy. You'll get your money's worth with this loaded multi-player.

This game features a stellar, cinematic single player experience and an awesome, addicting multi-player game as well. People are sure to be playing the multi-player for years. If you've been waiting for a price drop to buy this game, then yo better start asking Activision to hurry the heck up.