Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Nov 03, 2014

The eleventh installment of the Call of Duty franchise (and the first spearheaded by Sledgehammer Games) brings modern military thirty years into the future, as new technology (including powered exoskeleton frames and cloaking devices) makes a certain Private Military Corporation the dominant military force of the world.

I'm suddenly interested in COD again

• 65 results
    Unilad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@somberowl Cannot agree more. Usually hate COD, but this looks great!

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Yeah this ain't doing it for me. I'll stick with Destiny this fall.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos: I'm interested in this one purely for the single player, which means I'll loan it from someone or rent it out from the video store (these are still a thing here!!). But for MP Destiny is all I'm looking for.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

This is the first time I've been genuinely interested in Call of Duty since MW2. I mean sure I played Black Ops and Black Ops 2, but those were bargain bin "I've got nothing else to play" purchases.

This though? This looks exciting.

Camelizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm interested in this from the standpoint that I find the potential driving force behind the story interesting. The subject of PMCs and what could happen if one became too powerful is an interesting subject to me. But the fact that PMCs are involved isn't enough by itself, the story actually needs to be good and compelling. So I guess time will tell whether my interest in this game continues. Even if I end up liking the single player I honestly don't know whether I'll invest time in the multiplayer.

belgurdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder if Advanced Warfare 2 will just be Metal Gear Rising except Raiden is replaced with a generic grunt in an exoskeleton

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
    deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure, why not? CoD multiplayer is fun in the way Unreal Tournament was fun (Cant wait for the UT announcement on Thursday). Just a fast arcade shooter. It's not the only thing I play, and it's not my first choice, but I have a lot of damn fun with it.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#59 chaser324  Moderator

I skipped Ghosts, but that trailer looks like some good dumb action movie fun. I'll probably jump back in for this assuming the multiplayer also looks solid.

Party

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, this looks alright. I didn't care for anything about Ghosts, but it looks like they've finally moved off the same engine they've been using for all the other games and the graphical fidelity actually looks halfway decent. I imagine it would look even better on PC if what they showed is truly all Xbox One footage. In terms of game play, it seems like they're taking a page from Titanfall by making the player way more mobile and faster, which is definitely the right direction to go.

Also, that Kevin Spacey model totally looked like Kevin Spacey and was only slightly dipping its toe into the uncanny valley. That's pretty darn impressive.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By hatking

There's got to be some sort of weird House of Cards connection, right? He's basically Underwood here. And I'm pretty sure Call of Duty had its ass product placed in House of Cards (Jesus Christ that show has the laziest product placement "hey, is that a PS Vita!?!?").

Also, I'll totally play this because I like Kevin Spacey, I like House of Cards, I like stupid near-future bullshit, and I haven't touched a Call of Duty game in a long, long time.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

@hatking said:

There's got to be some sort of weird House of Cards connection, right? He's basically Underwood here. And I'm pretty sure Call of Duty had its ass product placed in House of Cards (Jesus Christ that show has the laziest product placement "hey, is that a PS Vita!?!?").

Also, I'll totally play this because I like Kevin Spacey, I like House of Cards, I like stupid near-future bullshit, and I haven't touched a Call of Duty game in a long, long time.

Oh they are totally trying to sell this as House of Cards Season 3. And this is how Underwood is handling his CoD fix, by backstabbing politician to digitally turn himself into the game itself. Meanwhile his wife is on the outside ruling the world. That's the ending of this game.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Yeah this ain't doing it for me. I'll stick with Destiny this fall.

I don't know man, after that latest gameplay video they released Destiny looks boring as molasses.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'm not one to bash Call of Duty and I liked the last few Call of Duty games I've played but this just looks old and tired... It's the videogame equivalent of the 10-years later 3rd movie in a series that's just an excuse to bring the cast back together for a cash-in.

What I'm trying to say is, this game is the Beverly Hills Cop 3 of the Call of Duty franchise.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Amusing that all it takes to get people interested again is to un-creatively lift a character from a TV show change him up a little then drop him into your next game. If anything it's just sort of proof of how un-inspired big publisher development can be these days.

"Oh hey guys, that US version of House of Cards is pretty sweet. We should totally make Kevin Spacey just do that in our next game!" *high five*

10 mins after the first cut scene you just be doing the same left trigger, right trigger, endless stream of dudes gameplay.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#66  Edited By notnert427

I really want to like this game simply for the fact that it's the first CoD that's developed chiefly for the new consoles. I know people love to hate on CoD because it's wildly popular and fairly rote with each iteration at this point, but I personally really enjoy the multiplayer. It seems that in the minds of some, they can't win no matter what they do. If they change too much (e.g. increased map size in Ghosts), it's "this sucks; it's way worse than (insert last game)". If they keep it mostly the same (e.g. MW3 from MW2), it's "this sucks, it's the same as (insert last game)". Facepalm.

However, I'm not really feeling this one. It's still got time to change my mind between now and release (see: E3), but I'm just not overly into the "future soldier" thing. It's the same reason I passed on Black Ops II. I'm aware that a bunch of people liked that game (and FWIW, I really liked Black Ops), but I'd rather use guns/abilities that mostly exist in real life. I feel like no one has done the super-soldier thing better than Halo did anyway, and going the mech/super-soldier route in the same year that Titanfall/Destiny release(d) prior to this seems like a "me-too" strategy that's both going to piss off existing CoD fans and fail to impress those who aren't. (Then again, it seems to be doing the trick here, so maybe I'm way off.)

Strangely enough, the biggest appeal of this to me may well be the single-player, which is (IMO) an area that's really been struggling in CoD of late. I couldn't even make it through a few minutes of Ghosts' story. For this one, Kevin Spacey's presence alone makes it inherently more interesting, so maybe that will pick up some slack from a seemingly Titanfall-esque multiplayer. (I'd rather just play Titanfall if I want super-soldier/mech FPS mulitiplayer.) If the single-player can stay away from the incredibly tired Michael Bay cinematic explosion garbage and actually tell a story that's halfway worth a shit, I'm still probably in. Unfortunately, that seems like a lot to hope for, so I might just wait for Treyarch's 2015 CoD.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e5a91975271
    deactivated-60e5a91975271

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Despite not really enjoying Ghosts I'm still very much intrigued by Advanced Warfare. Have put in a pre order for the X1 version.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

I'm just not really interested in the series much anymore. Even less so the further they get from "reality".

DG187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By DG187

@mariachimacabre: Contractors are the most professional soldiers in the world. You need to get your head out of pop media's ass.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.