Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Nov 03, 2014

The eleventh installment of the Call of Duty franchise (and the first spearheaded by Sledgehammer Games) brings modern military thirty years into the future, as new technology (including powered exoskeleton frames and cloaking devices) makes a certain Private Military Corporation the dominant military force of the world.

Leaked trailer and Pics

Avatar image for jackbauerctu225
    JackBauerCTU225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

roboculus92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By roboculus92

I'm waiting for the sequel: Call of Duty Advance Wars. It'll have 50% more anime and 100% more tactics.

edit: On a more serious note, I'm curious how the "power suit" will affect the gameplay (if it's just scripted events in the campaign then that would be a really huge bummer). The graphics definitely look a lot better than previous games so at least there's that (though the Kevin Spacey character didn't look so great).

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#3  Edited By BeachThunder

Visuals look nice.

It's a pity I can't play it though, I sold my GBA last year.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

From that trailer, it looks pretty damn good (Graphically). I got off the CoD bandwagon after World at War. I still played every CoD after but I borrowed them, mainly for the campaigns. Hopefully the multiplayer is fresh and not complete shit like every Infinity Ward CoD game (Excluding CoD4). I won't buy it because I know my friend will so I'll just make him get the digital version so I can download it off him.

Avatar image for jackbauerctu225
    JackBauerCTU225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

yeah I have been off the COD bandwagon for a while, but so far impressed with this one. guess they want to try anything to top titanfall

baka_shinji17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

poser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Call of Duty: Celebrities

So much for journalistic integrity.

But I suppose in an industry where "journalism" is so often blurred with marketing , stuff like this is ok.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Jump kicks and future tech huh?

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Not really intended as a burn, I was more going for an Advance Wars joke. I genuinely do think the game visuals look nice.

HeyGuys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Man now you're just making think of how much I want a new Advanced Wars. It's been too long since Dual Strike came out...

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

this is what I wanted Black Ops and Modern Warfare to turn into. ESPECIALLY the Spacey rant is really what I wanted not the stupid dialog of Modern Warfare series. That's the right kind of edginess without just "lets kill some random dudes right up in your face." This maybe the first CoD game I'm eager to play since Modern Warfare 2.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like a fun ride, like a big summer action movie. Hopefully the gameplay matches up.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I hope it is different enough from Blops 2 which is also future tech stuff.

mercutio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mercutio123

House of Cards Season 3 announced! Love me some Spacey

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

As someone who hasn't been interested in a COD game since MW2 (Titanfall included) that actually looked pretty decent. Interest piqued.

darksouls2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't wait to it...

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ShadyPingu

Call of Duty: Jumpkick.

Exoskeletons are always cool. Though it's gonna be a real bummer when you can jump 50 feet in cutscenes but not in the game.

schlorgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Hopefully I will actually be able to do all of that cool stuff in the game and not just watch my character do it in a scripted sequence like all the other games.

face15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just gonna jump in a say Virtua Spacey is the funniest thing I've ever seen.

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By 2HeadedNinja

Hopefully I will actually be able to do all of that cool stuff in the game and not just watch my character do it in a scripted sequence like all the other games.

Crysis 1 let you do a lot of that stuff if you wanted to. Thats why the game was fun, too bad it's underrated (imho)

Jazz_Bcaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jazz_Bcaz

Who was it in another thread that said they hope Cod doesn't start glamourising PMCs?

At least they don't have to licence so many guns. Probably.

TBF, it looks a lot more interesting than any COD I've seen in a long time. Kevin Spacey actually seems pretty fantastic in this, and it's perfectly timed. It also seems to involve PMCs causing chaos in America, so there might be some level of awareness, and lack of pandering, which could be interesting.

m4r71n2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By m4r71n2012

Sounds like it is just becoming graw at this point, especially future soldier that had active suits and pmc stuff in it

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Looks bare fun, I'm excited!

Dude in the beanie does a look a bit too Binary Domain tho

Avatar image for singingmenstrual
    SingingMenstrual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The day when Call of Duty starts looking like bad Call of Duty knock-offs with silly quasi-innovation, and things like 'jump kicks' and 'slide somethings'

This is comedy gold!

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

Well if this plays like Crysis then I'll be pleased with it. I said last year that Activision played it smart by not rushing into things last year with Ghosts. EA rushed Battlefield 4 out and ended up with a buggy mess. Activision I think made the smarter call of releasing a holdover while they prepared their big guns.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yea sure, that looks pretty interesting, looks like the most interesting cod in a while, both visually and gameplay wise,

if they nail the story im back in.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"I did it for the pooooweeeeer."

Loading Video...

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By AlexanderSheen

Wait a minute, Frank Underwood is a character in this game?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Man that trailer had me excited for a Call of Duty game like it was Modern Warfare 2 days again.

I know people just need to hate on CoD that's why there's so much muddled enthusiasm in this thread but that was one great looking trailer among very average looking next gen releases. Titanfall kinda looks like a joke next to this.

EternalVigil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't played a Call of Duty game since Modern Warfare 2, but that trailer all things considered was pretty good. I don't know why but I was getting vibes of the recent reboot to Robocop here.

Kevin Spacey alone is worth a look at least.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy crap. HOLY CRAP THAT LOOKED AWESOME. I'm a pretty big CoD fan, but that was one of the best reveal trailers they've had. And man, that looked gorgeous. Huge step up from Ghosts. Can't wait.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Corevi

So this is what happens once Frank becomes president of the USA? Rad. Also got a Winter Soldier vibe from some of it, hope one of the melee executions is a suplex. That is literally Frank Underwood though, he even says "That a journalist can disagree with the president!".

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of the very short teaser trailers yesterday looked like it was a Japanese guy in a plane. It got me thinking they're going to go back to WW2, but from the other side. Then it got me thinking they'd go mental and make a game set in the future in which you are a future solider, who travels back in time to WW2 to try change the outcome of certain battles, which would affect the current war going on. Each time you jump back and forth something changes. You get to bring your super weapon back with you, but because there's no ammo for it around, you have to end up using old WW2 guns to make due. But at some point you leave your super weapon behind and the opposing faction find it and start reverse engineering it.

I think something like that would be kinda cool.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

Man that trailer had me excited for a Call of Duty game like it was Modern Warfare 2 days again.

I know people just need to hate on CoD that's why there's so much muddled enthusiasm in this thread but that was one great looking trailer among very average looking next gen releases. Titanfall kinda looks like a joke next to this.

Modern Warfare 2 is where I dropped off, maybe this will be the game to bring me back. As long as my PC can run it, I guess.

I don't think it is fair to compare the first game from a fledgling studio to the, what, 12th game of a super-successful series from one of the biggest AAA game publishers around.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Went and watched the trailer.

That is a really, really cool trailer. I might actually get this one. I was never big into COD. I used to play the original in a LAN at college and then played MW2 for a bit, but never to a high level (I think I got to like rank 30-something) but this one just looks crazy fun with their designs. Hover bikes? Crab tanks? Power armour?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

The whole exoskeleton suit thing has me interested. In general, I'm not a huge fan of CoD-style arena gameplay, but depending on how the exoskeleton suits impact mobility and consequently levelbuilding, I'm in. Still rather had exoskeleton suits in a Battlefield-type game, but whatevs'. I take what I get.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I'm certainly more interested in this now, than I was yesterday, but I'm still far more interested in Treyarch's game next year, even without knowing anything about it.

AngriGhandi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By AngriGhandi

Well, I certainly didn't expect to be excited about a Call of Duty game this year... but somewhere between power armor, hover bikes, and Kevin Spacey, I'm feelin' it!

On the other hand, this means there are now three Call of Duty franchises that all take place in slightly different versions of the cyber-future.

That's... a little weird, right?

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't played a CoD game since Modern Warfare 2. This won't change that.

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Wowwowwow. I'll take Kevin Spacey ranting about democracy in my Call of Duty anyway, this looks kind of awesome and a good way to depart from Ghosts entirely

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Sure I'll play Elysium: The Game.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#42  Edited By monkeyking1969

I was exited yesterday that we would be seeing something soon...then I saw that trailer.

The worst one yet is what I'm seeing...

The worst and most trite vision of the future...
    The worst and most boring super soldier conception...
    The worst design of bladed VTOL troop transports...
    The worst flying motorcycles...
    The worst cut and paste of dialogue you have heard before form other thing about how people are Sheeple....
    The worst Kevin Spacey reading in the booth I have heard in years....

Overall, I'm left with the impression that Activision needed to hire some script writers, some industrial designers, and some real future warfare thinkers to help with this project two years ago. What they showed was trite and boring because it was all a very sloppily 'cut & paste' conception that doesn't feel or look fresh...its a bad mash-up. I think someone that was the head of this projects saw GI Joe Rise of Cobra

Loading Video...
    Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I was exited yesterday that we would be seeing something soon...then I saw that trailer.

The worst one yet is what I'm seeing...

The worst and most trite vision of the future...

The worst and most boring super soldier conception...

The worst design of bladed VTOL troop transports...

The worst flying motorcycles...

The worst cut and paste of dialogue you have heard before form other thing about how people are Sheeple....

The worst Kevin Spacey reading in the booth I have heard in years....

Overall, I'm left with the impression that Activision needed to hire some script writers, some industrial designers, and some real future warfare thinkers to help with this project two years ago. What they showed was trite and boring because it was all a very sloppily 'cut & paste' conception that doesn't feel or look fresh...its a bad mash-up. I think someone that was the head of this projects saw GI Joe Rise of Cobra

Loading Video...

You're kind of right. Among all the hoverbikes in games these last few years, of which there were literally like dozens if not hundreds, this was the worst design of all of them.

Oh and don't get me started on the pitch of those VTOL blades.. 37 degree cut? Hardly optimal.. nice try Activision..

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ZolRoyce

On the other hand, this means there are now three Call of Duty franchises that all take place in slightly different versions of the cyber-future.

That's... a little weird, right?

Are all of the COD franchises supposed to be canonical with each other? If yes then it is a little weird, if not, ah, you knoooow, video gaaaames.

It looks like from the trailer they are setting up Kevin Spacey's character to be the bad guy, but I'm so excited for him to be in the game that even if he turns into slightly future Hitler I'd still feel compelled to side with the guy if that's an option in the game.

Dezztroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At least they don't have to licence so many guns. Probably.

They don't need to license that many guns in "realistic" CoDs either. Anything used by armed forces is fair game.

Elwoodan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Elwoodan

really interested in what Sledgehammer is gonna bring to the table, a CoD game with good writing and exo-suits could be pretty neat.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.