Am I the only one that didnt like the trailer?

• 59 results
#1 Posted by AnimalFather (800 posts) -

It looks like a ID Software sci-fi shooter from 10years ago that got cancelled. I feel like im getting pranked the whole thing felt very b-level.

All COD trailers were AMAZING and this one looks like it was made by a east european pc developer.

Im not feeling the scifi theme at all and the bad graphics either. What happened black ops 1 was great 10x better than mw3.

#2 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

Yes. You're the only one.

#3 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Yes you are, my own little snowflake.

#4 Posted by Demoskinos (14562 posts) -

Yep you are the only one in the whole world.

#5 Posted by TEHMAXXORZ (1199 posts) -

Saying a game is good tends to lean more on the opinion side, but in terms of fact, Black Ops was not a good game. Bad graphics, bad characters and characterization, bad storyline, bad AI, bad gameplay etc.

And I can already see where this thread is going, so I'm bailing out...

#6 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7050 posts) -

Out of the 7 billion people? Yeah, just you.

#7 Posted by Doctorchimp (4069 posts) -

@AnimalFather said:

It looks like a ID Software sci-fi shooter from 10years ago that got cancelled. I feel like im getting pranked the whole thing felt very b-level.

All COD trailers were AMAZING and this one looks like it was made by a east european pc developer.

Im not feeling the scifi theme at all and the bad graphics either. What happened black ops 1 was great 10x better than mw3.

Yeah you're crazy.

I'm actually thinking about getting this one, and I haven't played a CoD since MW2

#8 Posted by AnimalFather (800 posts) -

@TEHMAXXORZ said:

Saying a game is good tends to lean more on the opinion side, but in terms of fact, Black Ops was not a good game. Bad graphics, bad characters and characterization, bad storyline, bad AI, bad gameplay etc.

And I can already see where this thread is going, so I'm bailing out...

no i actually LOVED black ops 1 thought it was better than MW2 and MW3, but this has to be a joke i mean the graphics were horrible!!!

#9 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

@AnimalFather said:

It looks like a ID Software sci-fi shooter from 10years ago that got cancelled.

What the fuck are you talking about?

#10 Posted by PixelPrinny (1030 posts) -

THE ONLY ONE IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD.

#11 Posted by Aegon (5401 posts) -

The trailer looked meh. Also that guy's voice is way too gravelly. 

#12 Posted by CaLe (3911 posts) -

I'm surprised people liked it. Really I actually I am a little bit surprised. I thought it was terrible.

#13 Posted by jjnen (660 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

#14 Edited by jande135 (6 posts) -

The graphics are horrendously bad even for a COD game. Some scenes look like they were drawn in crayon on a wet piece of toilet paper after someone wiped their ass with it. Something has gone terribly wrong in the Treyarch art department.

I'll still buy it though.

#15 Posted by HatKing (5817 posts) -

Within the context of it being a Call of Duty trailer, it was definitely interesting. I think you're mistaking that for genuine enjoyment. It's a Call of Duty game trying to do something different. Since that's been, largely, the biggest complaint against the franchise, I think a lot of people are willing to hear them out.

#16 Posted by AlexW00d (6183 posts) -

@AnimalFather said:

and this one looks like it was made by a east european pc developer.

I wish.

#17 Posted by wewantsthering (1551 posts) -

I thought the trailer was only "okay."

#18 Posted by Superfriend (1526 posts) -

There can be only one!

#19 Posted by EuanDewar (4757 posts) -
#20 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2211 posts) -

The trailer didn't blow me away and I guess I'm a bit shook up seeing Woods as didn't he die? Then there was this Woods look alike so maybe he's his grandson. If anything the trailer got me curious about the setting.

#21 Posted by Jackel2072 (2236 posts) -

no i didn't like the trailer. but i got more excited about this when Jeff was talking about on the podcast. 

#22 Posted by Ghostiet (5224 posts) -

ANIMALFATHER, I missed you so.

#23 Posted by Animasta (14648 posts) -

@AlexW00d said:

@AnimalFather said:

I wish.

well we already have HL2 done by east european devs (metro 2033) clearly an eastern european CoD would be... magical.

#24 Posted by GunstarRed (5025 posts) -

The trailer is alright. The horses are the most interesting thing about it.

#25 Posted by AlexW00d (6183 posts) -

@Animasta said:

@AlexW00d said:

@AnimalFather said:

I wish.

well we already have HL2 done by east european devs (metro 2033) clearly an eastern european CoD would be... magical.

I wouldn't really call it HL2 considering it's moderately faithful to the book it's based on, but tbf, I am hoping the Stalin Subway is like an Eastern European CoD.

#26 Edited by WilltheMagicAsian (1544 posts) -

I thought the narrator voice acting was parody at first, then I realized that it wasn't.

#27 Posted by Ramone (2959 posts) -
#28 Posted by matthias2437 (985 posts) -

Not at all, I literally couldn't care less about the trailer or game.

#29 Posted by Animasta (14648 posts) -

@AlexW00d said:

@Animasta said:

@AlexW00d said:

@AnimalFather said:

I wish.

I wouldn't really call it HL2 considering it's moderately faithful to the book it's based on, but tbf, I am hoping the Stalin Subway is like an Eastern European CoD.

well I'm not saying it was similar story wise, mostly just similar in how it played and how the levels were done and the pacing.

#30 Posted by ryeguy489 (117 posts) -

I thought it looked cheesy

#31 Posted by Jimbo (9772 posts) -

Fuck your thread title, but I agree it looked shitty.  Mind you, Blops was fucking stupid too, with possibly the most obvious twist in the history of twists.

#32 Posted by DukesT3 (1891 posts) -

So kray

#33 Posted by ian280291 (111 posts) -

Looks like garbage, havent liked COD since MW1

#34 Posted by phantomzxro (1565 posts) -

I think I'm over Call of duty surprising me or anything. the trailer did not blow me away but hey its more call of duty which is fine i guess.

#35 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

#36 Posted by believer258 (11633 posts) -

@AnimalFather said:

It looks like a ID Software sci-fi shooter from 10years ago that got cancelled. ... looks like it was made by a east european pc developer.

We can only dream, mate. We can only dream...

Oh, and I still don't see how the graphics looked bad. Not Battlefield 3, but not bad. Maybe I need to re-watch the trailer or something.

#37 Posted by sfighter21 (794 posts) -

Isn't there already an official "Am I the only one..." thread?

#38 Posted by PenguinDust (12450 posts) -

@ryeguy489 said:

I thought it looked cheesy

I kind of agree with this sentiment. I looked like a SyFy movie-of-the-week only without the kitsch.

So, apparently you aren't the only one.

#39 Posted by Phatmac (5721 posts) -

Can we just ban the use of the phrase, "Am I the only one." There are about 7 billion people on this stupid planet, so no you aren't.

#40 Posted by NaDannMaGoGo (338 posts) -

And yes, you guys who keep saying this crap deserve all the hate for it :D

#41 Posted by jheritage (19 posts) -

looks shit, probaly will be shit like the rest of them (except WaW) and everyone will buy it, like always, say how great it is for 2 weeks, then start complaining about bad spawn system, lag, campers, noobs, overpowered guns etc , like always!

but will still be worth it all coz the game brings a whole new ZOMBIES mother fucker yeeaaahh

#42 Posted by jacksmedulla (278 posts) -

@Napalm said:

@AnimalFather said:

It looks like a ID Software sci-fi shooter from 10years ago that got cancelled.

What the fuck are you talking about?

#43 Posted by cutyoface (541 posts) -

Yup. You are the only one!

#44 Posted by WMWA (1160 posts) -
@EuanDewar
I like your style
#45 Posted by CollegeGuyMike (388 posts) -

I liked the horses.

#46 Posted by Hector (3356 posts) -

It was "Okay" at best....that being said I'm not getting it.

#47 Posted by yoshisaur (2639 posts) -

Trailer actually peaked my interest in the franchise when I thought it had finally died for me.

Also people complaining about graphics, fucking facepalm yourself right now for being absolutely retarded.

#48 Posted by TheRamboFetus (51 posts) -

The game just looks so ugly. It has that weird brown tone to it that just makes it look disgusting.

#49 Posted by Bell_End (1208 posts) -

im not sure wants more predictable a new COD or the threads that follow.

let me guess your disappointed and underwhelmed, it looks boring and bland... am i miss one of the staple words you use?

#50 Posted by Nentisys (886 posts) -

I think it was pretty dumb. But thats how all COD trailers are.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.