Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Nov 13, 2012

The Black Ops storyline continues, switching the past Cold War from the game's predecessor to future 2025, as a new Cold War between U.S.A. and China flares up due to the actions of one vengeful drug-runner.

Black Ops II NDAs lifted. Jeff, what was the cool stuff you saw?

metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By metal_mills

I came across this thread http://www.reddit.com/r/blackops2/comments/10ki8w/a_summary_of_tweets_a_couple_of_major_youtubers/ where 2 youtubers were given the okay that the NDA's have been lifted and posted info about the game. A lot of it is changes that only matter to CoD players. Jeff mentioned 2 things he couldn't talk about that seemed cool and I was curious, can we finally hear what they are?

Edit: Unless these are completely separate NDA's in which, my bad! Still lots of info in the link though.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Phatmac

he probably forgot.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Snail

@Metal_Mills: Doesn't the NDA being lifted mean that now the press can say whatever they want about the game's contents?

Anyway, if that is the case, then what Jeff was referring to has probably already been formally announced. I'd still like to know what he was referring to though.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Justin258

He would probably rather publish an article or talk about it on next week's podcast than pop into a thread and say "Yo, duders, here's what's up."

Though if he happens to read this, I don't discourage that at all.

metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5  Edited By metal_mills
    @Snail said:

@Metal_Mills: Doesn't the NDA being lifted mean that now the press can say whatever they want about the game's contents?

Anyway, if that is the case, then what Jeff was referring to has probably already been formally announced. I'd still like to know what he was referring to though.

That's what I really meant. What he found in this info as so interesting. Nothing jumps out at me.
    Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By colourful_hippie

@Phatmac said:

he probably forgot.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By PeasantAbuse

Thank you for linking to that reddit thread, some of that stuff sounds awesome.

"There's a mustache reticle in #BlackOps2"

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By veektarius

This is exactly like that one time I opened a thread about wrestling. I understood nothing in it.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@Veektarius said:

This is exactly like that one time I opened a thread about wrestling. I understood nothing in it.

NDA = Non disclosure agreement. It means Jeff agreed not to talk about what he saw.

mustache reticle = A reticle is a design in the center of the screen that show you where your bullets will be fired. Black Ops 2 features one of these in the shape of a mustache.

Those are the only two things in this thread that I can see anyone finding even slightly esoteric. If I missed something, let me know.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

Can someone sum up the Reddit page? Won't load properly for me

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@xaLieNxGrEyx said:

Here you go.

Apparently, these Youtubers have all been playing BO2 for the last month but have been under an NDA. I guess it got lifted today. For those who don't/can't access Twitter, this is what they posted. Will update as they post more.

Hutch:

• One thing I'll say without you asking is if you expect to get scorestreaks in obj games from just slaying, you're gonna have a bad time.

• The Remington shotty is like the stakeout. Except it's good. Great range, 8 shots, 1 shot kills fee days.

• Sniping is CoD4 status. Ballista iron sights are ROUGH. A lot harder than WaW unscoped bolts.

• YY is back. Exactly like BO1.

• Multi Team Deathmatch. Is. Fucking. Fun. Played it 3 teams of four on a tiny map. It was straight up bananas. Nonstop action.

• Hard point will be where the montage guys go. It's very similar to drop zone, just no care packages.

• 32 layers for emblem editor. Artists will have fun.

• The prestige icons are legit. I think you will all agree.

• 10th prestige is a flaming gold skull with a burn mark (if I remember correctly).

• I still think a lot of people will run Ghost, but not as many as BO1. Pick 10 really changes the game. Lots. Of. Variety.

• Sensitivity now scales differently. 1-14. If you play on 5 now, for example, it translates to about 7 in this game. I love this feature.

• To be more specific about sensitivity. 14 is now the highest, but it's the equivalent to what 10 is now. Lets you fine tune your choice.

• SMG's suffer a LOT of damage drop off, but are lethal up close. They did a good job catering each gun class to its actual role.

• Sound whoring. Footsteps seem a little louder than BO1, but the game itself has a lot more going on that drowns it out.

• Rapid Fire on the SMG's is leeeethal. However, past a very short range they are highly ineffective. Nice balance there.

• The MMS (X-Ray scope) was good, but not OP. Only works if people aren't moving.

• The Thermal Scope, for once, is awesome. Green background, players highlighted in orange, can still see them fine if they're Cold Blooded.

TmarTn:

• I've played 100+ hours of #BlackOps2 multiplayer and 25+ hours of #BlackOps2 zombies over the past month.

• And my NDA has been lifted, so I can answer any questions you guys have, apart from some MP maps and Zombies. Those are still top secret :D

• Rejoin last played lobby ON [OFF] - This is a feature. You're welcome YouTubers. You can now find your perfect lobby with ease.

• There is no nuke, MOAB, or hidden killstreak.

• Time to kill is a nice medium between MW3/BO1

• Tons of epic new camos: carbon fiber, cherry blossom, skulls, gold, and hidden ones. Can be put on primaries, secondaries, riot, launchers

• DSR50, not the Ballista, will be the sniper weapon of choice.

• Zombies has 3 modes as of now: Tranzit, Survival, Grief.

• Tranzit: Expansive map, story mode. Bus takes you to 5 different areas. What you saw in the trailer yesterday

• Survival: Same regular zombies. One area, last as long as possible.

• Grief: 4z4. Humans vs Humans vs Zombies. Humans cannot kill each other, but can "fuck with each other" thru traps/grief events.

• All the weapons are super balanced. Nothing is too OP at this point in time. I do have my favs, you'll see them in my class setup videos.

• Some maps are interactive. Cargo has moving shipment crates. Express has a bullet train that runs you over/cuts off spawns. Pretty cool.

• Lightening strike is everything an airstrike should have been in CoD. Three point target, drops bombs immediately. Very minor delay.

• When you prestige, weapon and challenge progression DO NOT reset.

• Prestige emblems are the best out of any CoD thus far.

• 10th prestige is a flaming skull with half of its face burned. Kinda like two face.

• Sensitivity: now 1-14. 14 is the same as 10 in previous games. More tiers in-between, allowing you to tune your sens even more.

• Zombies: you can do head shots only, magic items off (mystery box, perk machines), and you can elect to start at round 1, 5, 10, 15, or 20.

• ou no longer have to hold X to pick up Combat Axes, you just have to walk over them. That + Scavenger replenishing = epic. @ONLYUSEmeBLADE

• Theater mode has dolly cam, in-lobby game save feature, and new "highlight" feature. With the press of a button, it will cut together all of your killing/objective events in said game into a highlight reel.

• Emblem editor: 32 layers, color wheel, infinitely more shapes/graphics, can adjust transparency.

• Best pistol: Beretta. 3-round burst, like the Raffica from MW2

• You can play combat training and earn multiplayer XP. Can only rank up to level 10 though.

• There's a moustache reticle in #BlackOps2

• Yes, gold camo returns in #BlackOps2. Gold primaries, gold pistols, gold crossbow, gold launchers, gold riot shields.

• Objective markers DO fade out when you're aiming down site at them. Just like in BO1.

• The knife lunge range in #BlackOps2 is HORREBDOUS. You have to be point blank.

Optic Nadeshot:

• League play is being heavily emphasized by Treyarch. Your league ranking and medal will be on your playercard.

• Prestige icons are the best looking they've ever been. This will be the first time I prestige in a long long time.

• Black Ops 2, IMO, feels more like MW3. Only difference is player movement is slower then before. Game felt very smooth.

• The league play icons will literally MAKE YOU want to be in the highest league. Seeing that icon next to your name will add much motivation.

• Tons of new camos. Ronin, Carbon Fiber, Skulls, Art of War...just to name a few. More info on that later from me.

• Every weapon, perk, attachment, and score streak has a counter. The game is very balanced. They put a lot of though into it.

• Sniping is fun, but challenging. The Unscoped Ballista takes A LOT of skill. Will be hard for most snipers to get used to.

• The DSR-50 is the best sniper IMO, also looks badass with an amazing sound to it.

• Recoil. There is significant recoil in Black Ops 2. Gun WILL take skill.

• Theater now allows you to spectate FIRST PERSON POV of every player in your lobby. Big improvements made.

• Reticle customization has never been so lucrative. Treyarch had fun with it and add plenty of reticles just for the lulz.

• The eSports initiative is very important to Treyarch and they are offering unbelievable support for our community #LeaguePlay

• With the new Pick 10 system, there will be DEFINED player roles once again. Slayers, support, objective...etc.

• There is a mustache reticle in Black Ops 2, trust me, that had a lot of fun with the game. Such awesome guys over at @Treyarch studios.

• Jump shooting in Black Ops 2 didn't feel too beneficial. Drop shooting on the other hand felt amazing. We'll see how it feels with time...

• In my honest opinion, League Play will be the single most impacting feature added to Black Ops 2 #TheFutureIsBlack

• Aim assist still exists for snipers. Time to put that rumor to bed. Like I said, sniping is challenging, still fun though.

• Time overtime rounds are automatically added to Capture the Flag. Perfect for the competitive guys, 2 sided domination as well.

• You can bring multiple people in your theater lobby to show off your clips. They really thought of everything.

Ernest Le:

• High scorestreaks are VERY hard to get. If you play for KD, play the objective. You'll look ridiculous with half the score as the OBJ guy.

• As it stands, I can see all of us hating UV rays by the first week. The Guardian is extremely useful and annoying. Also nets easy points.

• Fast Hands is a must for combat axes and C4s. Throwing fast is deadly. C4 is dirty, just ask @codblack1ce

• IMHO, GHOST will be overused. It's powerful, and UAVs are the first scorestreak unlock. Lots of UAVs will be ran, especially for assist pts.

• Hunter Killer is the new RCXD. Get ready to pull your hair out.

• Back to Ghost - it might be overused, but you won't get your streaks trying to avoid the objective. You get mad pts for team playing.

• Skorpion EVO II is dirty. Very fast rate of fire and controllable. MSMC is nice, very similar to COD4 AK74U. I can see Laser getting a nerf.

• Other SMGs were cool, nothing really clicked though. MP7 isn't like MW3's. The recoil felt way too different. Vector was OK.

• Assault Rifles - I love the AN94, similar to an AK47. Type 25 is very accurate, M27 is good but weak.

• Select Fire attachment - Works good for burst to auto guns, really a waste on auto to burst guns since you can just tap trigger

• Awareness counters Dead Silence, which is good. The issue is that your audio is enhanced with non-DS users. This takes some getting used to.

• Scavenger replenishes all equipment and lethals. Scav packs only drop from non-explosive kills, though.

• Shotguns - S12 is like a SPAS, good. KSG hitmarkers like MW3, Remington is like a more reliable Stakeout, M1216 is a 4burst AA12

• I noticed significantly more hitmarkers while trying to Sandy people with the Remington. Use Laser to nosc, Long Barrel to get range

• If I had to recommend a class for TDM - MSMC ext mags, laser, Ghost/Hardline, Scavenger, Dead Silence, Semtex, Conc nade x2

• Scorestreaks for leveling up - UAV, cUAV, Hunter/Guardian/Lightning Strike for mad assist points, constant flow of score and obj play

• Scorestreaks for that perfect TDM lobby - UAV then Stealth Chopper into Warthog, Dogs, Swarm.

• Ballistic Knife - less drop it seems like, shot is instant (no delay like BO), low knife recovery, Replenish by walking over

• Spawns seem just like BO but less touchy. You can trap like the good old days in Domination. Takes 1 bozo to ruin it for the rest, though.

• Multi-Team can be played in TDM, Kill Confirmed and Hardpoint. I think 4 teams (?) max of 12 players.

• What else? The Crossbow shoots faster than in BO. 3 shot clip, it has an Acog, Red dot, thermal and TRIPLESHOT. Fire 3 shots at once.

• Biggest surprise is that @Optic_nadeshot thinks the LMGs are LEGIT. He thinks that the competitive guys will use them. I think he's nuts.

• Sprint duration relies on what weapon you hold, with combat knife letting you run the furthest

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#12  Edited By bed

32 layers for emblem editor?!

this is gonna be fun

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@AjayRaz said:

this is gonna be fun

So many dicks.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MariachiMacabre
    @FluxWaveZ

@AjayRaz said:

this is gonna be fun

So many dicks.

A 32 point dickstar.
    veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By veektarius

@SpaceInsomniac said:

@Veektarius said:

NDA = Non disclosure agreement. It means Jeff agreed not to talk about what he saw.

mustache reticle = A reticle is a design in the center of the screen that show you where your bullets will be fired. Black Ops 2 features one of these in the shape of a mustache.

Those are the only two things in this thread that I can see anyone finding even slightly esoteric. If I missed something, let me know.

I meant in the twitter thing, not this thread itself, but thanks for unironically trying to help me. I was just commenting.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
    @Veektarius said:

@SpaceInsomniac said:

@Veektarius said:

I meant in the twitter thing, not this thread itself, but thanks for unironically trying to help me. I was just commenting.

Yeah, I realized that once I posted that twitter list.  If you are wondering about something that you would like explained, though, feel free to ask.
    golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#17  Edited By golguin

@SpaceInsomniac said:

@xaLieNxGrEyx said:

Here you go.

Apparently, these Youtubers have all been playing BO2 for the last month but have been under an NDA. I guess it got lifted today. For those who don't/can't access Twitter, this is what they posted. Will update as they post more.

Hutch:

• One thing I'll say without you asking is if you expect to get scorestreaks in obj games from just slaying, you're gonna have a bad time.

• The Remington shotty is like the stakeout. Except it's good. Great range, 8 shots, 1 shot kills fee days.

• Sniping is CoD4 status. Ballista iron sights are ROUGH. A lot harder than WaW unscoped bolts.

• YY is back. Exactly like BO1.

• Multi Team Deathmatch. Is. Fucking. Fun. Played it 3 teams of four on a tiny map. It was straight up bananas. Nonstop action.

• Hard point will be where the montage guys go. It's very similar to drop zone, just no care packages.

• 32 layers for emblem editor. Artists will have fun.

• 10th prestige is a flaming gold skull with a burn mark (if I remember correctly).

• I still think a lot of people will run Ghost, but not as many as BO1. Pick 10 really changes the game. Lots. Of. Variety.

• Sensitivity now scales differently. 1-14. If you play on 5 now, for example, it translates to about 7 in this game. I love this feature.

• To be more specific about sensitivity. 14 is now the highest, but it's the equivalent to what 10 is now. Lets you fine tune your choice.

• SMG's suffer a LOT of damage drop off, but are lethal up close. They did a good job catering each gun class to its actual role.

• Sound whoring. Footsteps seem a little louder than BO1, but the game itself has a lot more going on that drowns it out.

• Rapid Fire on the SMG's is leeeethal. However, past a very short range they are highly ineffective. Nice balance there.

• The MMS (X-Ray scope) was good, but not OP. Only works if people aren't moving.

• The Thermal Scope, for once, is awesome. Green background, players highlighted in orange, can still see them fine if they're Cold Blooded.

TmarTn:

• I've played 100+ hours of #BlackOps2 multiplayer and 25+ hours of #BlackOps2 zombies over the past month.

• And my NDA has been lifted, so I can answer any questions you guys have, apart from some MP maps and Zombies. Those are still top secret :D

• Rejoin last played lobby ON [OFF] - This is a feature. You're welcome YouTubers. You can now find your perfect lobby with ease.

• There is no nuke, MOAB, or hidden killstreak.

• Time to kill is a nice medium between MW3/BO1

• Tons of epic new camos: carbon fiber, cherry blossom, skulls, gold, and hidden ones. Can be put on primaries, secondaries, riot, launchers

• DSR50, not the Ballista, will be the sniper weapon of choice.

• Zombies has 3 modes as of now: Tranzit, Survival, Grief.

• Tranzit: Expansive map, story mode. Bus takes you to 5 different areas. What you saw in the trailer yesterday

• Survival: Same regular zombies. One area, last as long as possible.

• Grief: 4z4. Humans vs Humans vs Zombies. Humans cannot kill each other, but can "fuck with each other" thru traps/grief events.

• All the weapons are super balanced. Nothing is too OP at this point in time. I do have my favs, you'll see them in my class setup videos.

• Some maps are interactive. Cargo has moving shipment crates. Express has a bullet train that runs you over/cuts off spawns. Pretty cool.

• Lightening strike is everything an airstrike should have been in CoD. Three point target, drops bombs immediately. Very minor delay.

• When you prestige, weapon and challenge progression DO NOT reset.

• 10th prestige is a flaming skull with half of its face burned. Kinda like two face.

• Sensitivity: now 1-14. 14 is the same as 10 in previous games. More tiers in-between, allowing you to tune your sens even more.

• Zombies: you can do head shots only, magic items off (mystery box, perk machines), and you can elect to start at round 1, 5, 10, 15, or 20.

• ou no longer have to hold X to pick up Combat Axes, you just have to walk over them. That + Scavenger replenishing = epic. @ONLYUSEmeBLADE

• Theater mode has dolly cam, in-lobby game save feature, and new "highlight" feature. With the press of a button, it will cut together all of your killing/objective events in said game into a highlight reel.

• Emblem editor: 32 layers, color wheel, infinitely more shapes/graphics, can adjust transparency.

• Best pistol: Beretta. 3-round burst, like the Raffica from MW2

• You can play combat training and earn multiplayer XP. Can only rank up to level 10 though.

• There's a moustache reticle in #BlackOps2

• Yes, gold camo returns in #BlackOps2. Gold primaries, gold pistols, gold crossbow, gold launchers, gold riot shields.

• Objective markers DO fade out when you're aiming down site at them. Just like in BO1.

• The knife lunge range in #BlackOps2 is HORREBDOUS. You have to be point blank.

Optic Nadeshot:

• League play is being heavily emphasized by Treyarch. Your league ranking and medal will be on your playercard.

• Prestige icons are the best looking they've ever been. This will be the first time I prestige in a long long time.

• Black Ops 2, IMO, feels more like MW3. Only difference is player movement is slower then before. Game felt very smooth.

• The league play icons will literally MAKE YOU want to be in the highest league. Seeing that icon next to your name will add much motivation.

• Tons of new camos. Ronin, Carbon Fiber, Skulls, Art of War...just to name a few. More info on that later from me.

• Every weapon, perk, attachment, and score streak has a counter. The game is very balanced. They put a lot of though into it.

• Sniping is fun, but challenging. The Unscoped Ballista takes A LOT of skill. Will be hard for most snipers to get used to.

• The DSR-50 is the best sniper IMO, also looks badass with an amazing sound to it.

• Recoil. There is significant recoil in Black Ops 2. Gun WILL take skill.

• Theater now allows you to spectate FIRST PERSON POV of every player in your lobby. Big improvements made.

• Reticle customization has never been so lucrative. Treyarch had fun with it and add plenty of reticles just for the lulz.

• The eSports initiative is very important to Treyarch and they are offering unbelievable support for our community #LeaguePlay

• With the new Pick 10 system, there will be DEFINED player roles once again. Slayers, support, objective...etc.

• There is a mustache reticle in Black Ops 2, trust me, that had a lot of fun with the game. Such awesome guys over at @Treyarch studios.

• Jump shooting in Black Ops 2 didn't feel too beneficial. Drop shooting on the other hand felt amazing. We'll see how it feels with time...

• In my honest opinion, League Play will be the single most impacting feature added to Black Ops 2 #TheFutureIsBlack

• Aim assist still exists for snipers. Time to put that rumor to bed. Like I said, sniping is challenging, still fun though.

• Time overtime rounds are automatically added to Capture the Flag. Perfect for the competitive guys, 2 sided domination as well.

• You can bring multiple people in your theater lobby to show off your clips. They really thought of everything.

Ernest Le:

• High scorestreaks are VERY hard to get. If you play for KD, play the objective. You'll look ridiculous with half the score as the OBJ guy.

• As it stands, I can see all of us hating UV rays by the first week. The Guardian is extremely useful and annoying. Also nets easy points.

• Fast Hands is a must for combat axes and C4s. Throwing fast is deadly. C4 is dirty, just ask @codblack1ce

• IMHO, GHOST will be overused. It's powerful, and UAVs are the first scorestreak unlock. Lots of UAVs will be ran, especially for assist pts.

• Hunter Killer is the new RCXD. Get ready to pull your hair out.

• Back to Ghost - it might be overused, but you won't get your streaks trying to avoid the objective. You get mad pts for team playing.

• Skorpion EVO II is dirty. Very fast rate of fire and controllable. MSMC is nice, very similar to COD4 AK74U. I can see Laser getting a nerf.

• Other SMGs were cool, nothing really clicked though. MP7 isn't like MW3's. The recoil felt way too different. Vector was OK.

• Assault Rifles - I love the AN94, similar to an AK47. Type 25 is very accurate, M27 is good but weak.

• Select Fire attachment - Works good for burst to auto guns, really a waste on auto to burst guns since you can just tap trigger

• Awareness counters Dead Silence, which is good. The issue is that your audio is enhanced with non-DS users. This takes some getting used to.

• Scavenger replenishes all equipment and lethals. Scav packs only drop from non-explosive kills, though.

• Shotguns - S12 is like a SPAS, good. KSG hitmarkers like MW3, Remington is like a more reliable Stakeout, M1216 is a 4burst AA12

• I noticed significantly more hitmarkers while trying to Sandy people with the Remington. Use Laser to nosc, Long Barrel to get range

• If I had to recommend a class for TDM - MSMC ext mags, laser, Ghost/Hardline, Scavenger, Dead Silence, Semtex, Conc nade x2

• Scorestreaks for leveling up - UAV, cUAV, Hunter/Guardian/Lightning Strike for mad assist points, constant flow of score and obj play

• Scorestreaks for that perfect TDM lobby - UAV then Stealth Chopper into Warthog, Dogs, Swarm.

• Ballistic Knife - less drop it seems like, shot is instant (no delay like BO), low knife recovery, Replenish by walking over

• Spawns seem just like BO but less touchy. You can trap like the good old days in Domination. Takes 1 bozo to ruin it for the rest, though.

• Multi-Team can be played in TDM, Kill Confirmed and Hardpoint. I think 4 teams (?) max of 12 players.

• What else? The Crossbow shoots faster than in BO. 3 shot clip, it has an Acog, Red dot, thermal and TRIPLESHOT. Fire 3 shots at once.

• Biggest surprise is that @Optic_nadeshot thinks the LMGs are LEGIT. He thinks that the competitive guys will use them. I think he's nuts.

• Sprint duration relies on what weapon you hold, with combat knife letting you run the furthest

I didn't give a damn about MW3, but reading that stuff is lighting that fire again. I actually really liked Zombies and got all the DLC to play zombies. Those first few days of each DLC release was a hectic race to find the secret. The sense of discovery was pretty fun.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BisonHero

If I may be a judgmental prick, it's kind of sad that 2 of them thought it was worth mentioning the prestige icons and that they're "totally badass, bro, you'll want to prestige." I know these guys are YouTube guys and not professional reviewers, but c'mon, who gives a fuck.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
    @BisonHero said:

If I may be a judgmental prick, it's kind of sad that 2 of them thought it was worth mentioning the prestige icons and that they're "totally badass, bro, you'll want to prestige." I know these guys are YouTube guys and not professional reviewers, but c'mon, who gives a fuck.

There will be reasons to prestige in Black Ops 2.  But the look of an icon won't be one of them.   

And nobody said the icons were "badass," nor did anyone use the word "bro," and only one of them suggested that the prestige emblem design would be a reason to prestige.  Quit trying to make something out of nothing.
    Harkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Harkat

The first month of Black Ops was so much fun, before they started moderating emblems. Swatstika-Penis-Cum-Fucks all over the place.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

That 4 vs 4 zombies sounds fucking awesome. Plus the sensitivity tweaks sound great.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BisonHero

@SpaceInsomniac said:

@BisonHero said:

There will be reasons to prestige in Black Ops 2. But the look of an icon won't be one of them. And nobody said the icons were "badass," nor did anyone use the word "bro," and only one of them suggested that the prestige emblem design would be a reason to prestige. Quit trying to make something out of nothing.

I was paraphrasing. Sure, whatever, there are reasons to prestige in Black Ops 2. But seriously, they did mention prestige purely because of the icons. I wasn't exaggerating.

Hutch

TmarTn

Optic Nadeshot

I stand by my assertion that it's kind of sad that little icons beside your name, created in an afternoon by some random graphic designer, matter to these people. It's just carrot-on-stick bullshit, and it really seems like the last thing worth mentioning when an NDA gets lifted. While they're at it, why not mention that the sick guitar chugs when you rank up are the sickest they've ever been? I'm not condemning them for it, because hey, they're amateurs, and it definitely shows when they think icons are worth mentioning.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23  Edited By Seppli
    @BisonHero

So you say anybody who cares deeply enough about a single game is an amateur, who's opinion is worth zilch - and every jaded old gamereviewer being full of snark about all the little things that matter to fans, are bastions of truth and objectivity?

If I was a Call of Duty fan, it'd be the other way around for sure.
    BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By BisonHero

@Seppli said:

@BisonHero: So you say anybody who cares deeply enough about a single game is an amateur, who's opinion is worth zilch - and every jaded old gamereviewer being full of snark about all the little things that matter to fans, are bastions of truth and objectivity? If I was a Call of Duty fan, it'd be the other way around for sure.

Look, I know when you really like a game or series, the minutiae matters too. And to their credit, these guys mention a bunch of relevant gameplay stuff. But even among minutiae, I think there are higher priority little details to mention than "these little icons you get for grinding for hundreds of hours are pretty sweet this time around". To me, it indicates a lack of perspective on what differences are actually meaningful from game to game.

Incapability

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Incapability

@BisonHero said:

@Seppli said:

@BisonHero: So you say anybody who cares deeply enough about a single game is an amateur, who's opinion is worth zilch - and every jaded old gamereviewer being full of snark about all the little things that matter to fans, are bastions of truth and objectivity? If I was a Call of Duty fan, it'd be the other way around for sure.

Look, I know when you really like a game or series, the minutiae matters too. And to their credit, these guys mention a bunch of relevant gameplay stuff. But even among minutiae, I think there are higher priority little details to mention than "these little icons you get for grinding for hundreds of hours are pretty sweet this time around". To me, it indicates a lack of perspective on what differences are actually meaningful from game to game.

But... dude. The flaming, skull.

Brohonestly.

Dezztroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Dezztroy

That list had some interesting stuff in it. "Tranzit" sounds especially interesting for some coop goodness. But god, whoever said that the AN-94 was cool because it was like an AK-47. Man.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.