Call of Duty: Black Ops II Has Arrived!

Posted by Colorwind (277 posts) -

So Call of Duty Black Ops 2 has been released to store shelves and this is the most excited I’ve been for a Call of Duty game since Modern Warfare 2. I don’t typically like the Call of Duty series or FPS games for that matter but the reviews have been positive and, in one of the many reasons to actually read reviews rather than just look at the score, I’m impressed with what I’m hearing is in the game. An engaging story with choices to make and a less linear path, multiplayer with new weapons and bots to play against to train, and the Zombies portion of the game expanded into three different modes including a story mode of sorts.

This all culminates into a game I see as really doing something different for the series. As such, I’m trying to see how I can find the money to get this game, specifically the PC version’s digital deluxe version which comes with some extra content and, most importantly, Call of Duty World at War. Yup. 80 bucks will nab you two Call of Duty games. This version is only available to the PC version and although the series is known for being primarily geared towards Xbox 360 users, I think the PC community will be just fine. Are you going to pick up Black Ops 2? Have you gotten it already? Let me know in the comments below.

#1 Posted by Colorwind (277 posts) -

So Call of Duty Black Ops 2 has been released to store shelves and this is the most excited I’ve been for a Call of Duty game since Modern Warfare 2. I don’t typically like the Call of Duty series or FPS games for that matter but the reviews have been positive and, in one of the many reasons to actually read reviews rather than just look at the score, I’m impressed with what I’m hearing is in the game. An engaging story with choices to make and a less linear path, multiplayer with new weapons and bots to play against to train, and the Zombies portion of the game expanded into three different modes including a story mode of sorts.

This all culminates into a game I see as really doing something different for the series. As such, I’m trying to see how I can find the money to get this game, specifically the PC version’s digital deluxe version which comes with some extra content and, most importantly, Call of Duty World at War. Yup. 80 bucks will nab you two Call of Duty games. This version is only available to the PC version and although the series is known for being primarily geared towards Xbox 360 users, I think the PC community will be just fine. Are you going to pick up Black Ops 2? Have you gotten it already? Let me know in the comments below.

#2 Posted by Marcsman (3259 posts) -

Picking mine up in a hour. I cannot wait.

#4 Posted by Fredchuckdave (6002 posts) -

Pff it arrived like 4 days ago

#5 Posted by KillswitchNL83 (25 posts) -

For the next game they should try making the game work on an actual pc. I now have 3 flashy desktop icons that lead to 5 min of play and error messages. So yeah the pc community will blossom...

#7 Posted by linkinpark (5 posts) -

can any one give me link ?

#8 Posted by KillswitchNL83 (25 posts) -

@rebgav: whats your setup?

#9 Posted by Sayishere (1840 posts) -

Im contemplating whether or not to play this. The last Call of Duty game i got addicted to was MW2, i did play Black Ops 1 alot as well but not to the extent as MW2. I literally have no idea what im gonna do.

#10 Edited by xdaknightx69 (450 posts) -

works fine for me on PC,no FPS drops or errors, if only i had a better internet connection or the game had a fucking server browser it would be perfect!

#12 Posted by KillswitchNL83 (25 posts) -

@rebgav: weird... the only difference is that i have a 570 instead of the 580. But i have the factory oc card maybe scaling that back helps.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.