Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Nov 13, 2012

The Black Ops storyline continues, switching the past Cold War from the game's predecessor to future 2025, as a new Cold War between U.S.A. and China flares up due to the actions of one vengeful drug-runner.

Deployable Scorestreak Limits?

Flushes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Flushes

Does anyone know if there is any sort of limit on the number of static scorestreak items you can have deployed? I just had a game on plaza where I deployed two or three guardians and two sentry guns in the dubstep room, basically choking the entire space and all of its entrances with total bullshit. I was able to set up multiple areas where the guardian microwave beams and sentry gun fields of fire overlapped, creating deathtraps of the worst kind which were very hard to deal with as long as humans hung around to keep an eye on them.

This scorestreak setup feeds itself so fast, especially on kill confirmed, that it makes me wonder if there's a limit to the number of these things you can have out at one time. From a balance perspective, this situation seemed totally fucked from every angle.

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By OldManLight

dont know that there is but if the game is going bad enough for all that stuff to be up at once, i wouldn't call it an imbalance, i'd call it an ass whooping. At any rate, you should be able to take those down easily even through a wall using the black hat with the engineer perk which will destroy them in 3-5 seconds.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By napalm

@Flushes: That is hilarious. Interestingly enough, I didn't even know you could have more than one of a scorestreak type on the battlefield. Was it you just setting them up one after one? Or was it your entire team nesting a part of the map?

Flushes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Flushes

@Napalm: I was just setting them up one after the other. It was kill confirmed, so once I had enough shit set up, I just sat there and farmed tags while distracting people from my gear. Combined with all the suppress points, the tags fed me enough points to set up guardians and sentry guns faster than they could reasonably destroy them without coordinating.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By napalm

@Flushes: I really hope you saved a video of such a glorious massacre.

vaportra1l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By vaportra1l

Yeah there are only so many things your team carn have out at once. I remember a time that I couldn't deploy my guardian, but I think I was able to put out a sentry gun.

But it is pretty easy to clear all that shit off the map, just a couple of emp grenades and it's gone. Of course it seems there aren't many people that use them, but I do.

Avatar image for alianthaberries
    AlianthaBerries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AlianthaBerries

a single EMP grenade will take it all out, not so OP but funny nonetheless

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By napalm

@AlianthaBerries said:

a single EMP grenade will take it all out, not so OP but funny nonetheless

So EMP grenades are useful for something. Do they kill any other tech? Or just scorestreaks?

Aishan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Aishan

@Napalm said:

So EMP grenades are useful for something. Do they kill any other tech? Or just scorestreaks?

They take out all equipment (betties, shock charges, tac inserts, etc.), and the blast penetrates walls. They're pretty great. With the right timing you can even take out things like Dragonfires and even a Hellstorm Missile with an EMP 'nade.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By jakob187

This is actually one problem I have with the game.

The main problem, though, is that their hit detection for knifing sucks all around. Knife-running on this game with the combat knife is just plain shitty overall. Using the ballistic knife makes it better, but not honestly by much.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.