Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Nov 13, 2012

The Black Ops storyline continues, switching the past Cold War from the game's predecessor to future 2025, as a new Cold War between U.S.A. and China flares up due to the actions of one vengeful drug-runner.

First Black Ops II multiplayer video

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

When people start posting trailer breakdown videos, I'll post the best ones in this thread.

EDIT

And as promised, here's a rather extensive trailer breakdown.

phrali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By phrali

meh

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By falserelic

Sense I played the first black ops. I'm pretty sure I will buy black ops 2. But I'm never going to pick up a game at a midnight launch ever again.

foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By foggel

Sticking to Modern Warfare if I want to play a FPS game online.  

I just wanted to add that I hated Nuketown. Just me?

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By kindgineer

@falserelic said:

Sense I played the first black ops. I'm pretty sure I will buy black ops 2. But I'm never going to pick up a game at a midnight launch ever again.

It really is just a waste of time unless you want some swag. Black Ops 2 looks like a solid shooter, however, I really like Blacklight: Retribution - so I may end up just skipping it.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By falserelic

@ck1nd said:

@falserelic said:

It really is just a waste of time unless you want some swag. Black Ops 2 looks like a solid shooter, however, I really like Blacklight: Retribution - so I may end up just skipping it.

The only reason I went to the midnight launch for black ops was because of my friend. We got there and we had to wait in a parking lot with no lights. There was a whole bunch of suspicious looking people that kept watching us. It was very uncomfortable.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kindgineer

@falserelic said:

@ck1nd said:

@falserelic said:

The only reason I went to the midnight launch for black ops was because of my friend. We got there and we had to wait in a parking lot with no lights. There was a whole bunch of suspicious looking people that kept watching us. It was very uncomfortable.

For me it was simply just boring. You're standing outside of your local game-store, waiting for a game that I should be smart and sleep before playing. I guess it may be different for those that live near more popular areas like in California, though.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By OmegaPirate

Black ops was the firs cod multiplayer i enjoyed since modern warfare 1 - i'll give this at least a little bit of attention, having sat out the last game i'm getting the cod itch and if black ops 2 delivers an improvement to it's predecessors multiplayer then im fine with that!

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By falserelic

@ck1nd said:

@falserelic said:

@ck1nd said:

@falserelic said:

For me it was simply just boring. You're standing outside of your local game-store, waiting for a game that I should be smart and sleep before playing. I guess it may be different for those that live near more popular areas like in California, though.

That is true too. I was ready to go home after waiting for 3 hours. For me it wasn't such a big deal trying to get a game when I could get it in the mourning.

cap123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By cap123

Seems like the call of duty franchise becomes less reliant on skill with each installment! wall hacking is a perk now??

i am also getting the cod itch however, haven't played it in a couple of years.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By falserelic

@foggel said:

Sticking to Modern Warfare if I want to play a FPS game online. I just wanted to add that I hated Nuketown. Just me?

Nuketown was 1 of my favorite maps. But at times it did annoy me because people picked it all the time.

SniperXan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SniperXan

In before lock. This, of course, is YouTube spam...amiright?

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By imsh_pl

Oh my GOD how dated this engine looks. They're not even trying anymore are they?

Arbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Arbie

@foggel:I don't think you're alone with that. =] I really liked Nuketown though. It's so cute. I like uhm, close quarters (is that right?) maps though. I liked Shipment a whole lot and although it's not as small as those two Summit is probably my favourite map of all.

The video looked good and I'll definitely play it because even if I don't buy it at least two of my brothers will. But I wasn't super, super impressed or anything. I think I'd like to see something a little different? I don't know. The game will probably make me eat my words. =P

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@SniperXan said:

In before lock. This, of course, is YouTube spam...amiright?

No, it's a gameplay video of an unreleased game, so I believe it's exempt. I also intend to post some trailer breakdown videos in this thread, once they're made available.

@imsh_pl said:

Oh my GOD how dated this engine looks. They're not even trying anymore are they?

I'm loving Battlefield, but to be honest, I'd gladly give up a bit of detail for the 60 frames per second COD is known for.

@falserelic said:

@ck1nd said:

@falserelic said:

I loved the "midnight release event" I attended for the original Borderlands. I went to my local Walmart at midnight, bought the game, and then went home and played. It was just me and one other guy who was there for the same game. That was sweet.

Too bad the GameStop exclusive DLC is going to make me pre-order the sequel from there this time around.

I wouldn't bother with any midnight launch, if it wasn't for the fact that I'm a night owl who usually will be up to 3 am with or without a new game to play.

@PeasantAbuse said:

I'm really excited for this. I loved Black Ops, but MW3 is poop.

Agreed. I remember with Black Ops came out, everyone complained about the spawn system, and it was fixed within a few weeks. Then MW3 came out, everyone complained about the spawn system, and absolutely nothing was ever done about it. Plus the lag is FAR worse is damn near every game, the guns are horrifically unbalanced, quick scoping was reintroduced, and the map design is complete garbage. I personally consider MW3 a complete failure, and so do most of my COD playing friends.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PeasantAbuse

I'm really excited for this. I loved Black Ops, but MW3 is poop. If you need me, I'll be the guy dolphin diving through windows.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#17  Edited By Daveyo520

Looks neat.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By falserelic

The only thing that bugs me about some people. Is how much of a hypocrite they can be when it comes to call of duty. First they complain about the game then buy it right after. I have a few PSN friends who bitched about call of duty, but bought it on the first day of release its just funny to me.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

Just updated the original post with this video. Seems like a pretty good breakdown of the trailer:

foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By foggel
    @Erzs: Sure, I understand why people liked it. I guess it's just that I prefer to stroll alongside the edges of a map and pick off people as I go, and that's not possible in Nuketown because of its constant chaos. 
    SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@foggel said:

@Erzs: Sure, I understand why people liked it. I guess it's just that I prefer to stroll alongside the edges of a map and pick off people as I go, and that's not possible in Nuketown because of its constant chaos.

Secret to Nuketown fun:

Enter a building, go to the second floor, set motion detector away from window, shoot only while standing on the SIDE of the window, have a friend watch your back with an LMG and claymores. So fun.

Alternatively, rush around and kill everything until you win.

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#22  Edited By impartialgecko
    @ck1nd said:

@falserelic said:

How is Blacklight? I was interested by it but given the quality of something like Tribes being F2P it didn't seem like it was worth the effort.
    guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By guiseppe

Well, holy shit! It looks just like the others!

Arbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Arbie

@foggel: Oh no, you're one of those! I get picked off by your type all the time when I'm happily skipping around the outskirts of Array! Spoiling my snowman building fun!

@SpaceInsomniac said:

Alternatively, rush around and kill everything until you win.

That's how I roll, babeh!

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By kindgineer

@adam1808: Blacklight is an extremely polished feeling F2P shooter. The addition of VR to view all of your opponents really helps the movement of the game in terms of camping and tactics. It's really neat to be defending the KOTH area, flip your VR on, and be able to prepare for the oncoming battle. The addition of the "Armor Suit," "Flamethrower," and "Mini-gun," also help separate the monotony of the genre. I felt TotalBiscuit really nailed it in his description, and if you feel like checking it out, watch this. Also, I wouldn't go as far as to compare Tribes to Blacklight. The polish in both games are near retail grade, and the game-play is vastly different.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@ck1nd said:

@adam1808: Blacklight is an extremely polished feeling F2P shooter. The addition of VR to view all of your opponents really helps the movement of the game in terms of camping and tactics. It's really neat to be defending the KOTH area, flip your VR on, and be able to prepare for the oncoming battle. The addition of the "Armor Suit," "Flamethrower," and "Mini-gun," also help separate the monotony of the genre. I felt TotalBiscuit really nailed it in his description, and if you feel like checking it out, watch this. Also, I wouldn't go as far as to compare Tribes to Blacklight. The polish in both games are near retail grade, and the game-play is vastly different.

It really pisses me off that Blacklight: Tango Down was total crap, and the 360 never got the vastly improved sequel. Same with Valve and the absolute ton of TF2 updates that never came to consoles.

OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By OneManX

It's Call of Duty.

You are either in or out at this point. I am shocked that will the hate this gets from people who dont like the game, they just ignore and move on.

Zereta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28  Edited By Zereta

This... looks pretty amazing. From World at War, the Treyarch Call of Dutys have been the ones that have gotten me excited. Black Ops 2 is continuing to look amazing.

Halo 4 is my shooter of the holiday but I'll find as much time as I can to put time in with BLOPS2 as well :D

hangedtoaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By hangedtoaster

I'm without a doubt a CoD fanboy, played every major game that has come out since the first modern warfare putting plenty of hours into each. This is the first time that I haven't had a call of duty game pre ordered months in advance of its release. With that said I'm looking forward to the "Prestige" Edition of the game and what they will put into it, I'm not sure how they can get more ridiculous than night vision goggles or an rc car

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
    DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By DeF

are there people who are really anxiously waiting for videos of the new CoD multiplayer?

does the MP5 now reload 0.034 seconds faster and the AK47 causes 2 points more damage on the average torso hit?

edit: (oh god, now that last sentence reminds me of the days of the Counter Strike beta releases ...those really were the things people talked about lol)

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@DeF said:

are there people who are really anxiously waiting for videos of the new CoD multiplayer?

Yes.

Darson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#33  Edited By Darson

Looks like Call of Duty alright.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#34  Edited By laserbolts

Maybe not day one but I'm down for some more call of duty. It's a shame modern warfare 3 was so awful.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.