How do you top space nazi zombies from BLOPS 1?

#1 Posted by themangalist (1739 posts) -

I have faith in Treyarch, always thought they made the better COD games since 4. Black Ops 1 was one of the very very few FPSes that I could bring myself to finish, and that's saying a lot.

But I really don't see how nazi zombies on the moon (DLC map) and white house L4D could be topped. Giantbomb, blow my mind.

#2 Posted by fox01313 (5087 posts) -

Maybe you should play Saints Row3 to find some good ideas.

#3 Posted by Egg0 (169 posts) -

Future space nazi zombies. I think I just had a stroke.

#4 Posted by Dalai (7048 posts) -

Zombie equine.

Online
#5 Posted by JasonR86 (9747 posts) -

Space Nazi Mech Dinosaurs.

Online
#6 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

Werewolf Al Qaeda

#7 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

Making a decent game?

#8 Edited by drGiggless (222 posts) -

puppies on bicycles

#9 Posted by SpunkyHePanda (1702 posts) -

When you kill the zombies, they become zombie zombies who eat zombies.

#10 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

@BraveToaster said:

Werewolf Al Qaeda

Holy fuck. Oh god, holy fuck.

Mecha-zombies.

Mecha-wolves.

Zombie-wolves.

Space-wolves.

Space-wolves...

GUYS. FUCKIN' SPACE WOLVES. LET'S DO THIS SHIT.

#11 Posted by DarthOrange (3871 posts) -

Zombie Americans.

O_O

#12 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -

Anime Robot Zombies

#13 Posted by Poppduder (460 posts) -

@Napalm: I'd like to subscribe to yourfucking newsletter my good sir

#14 Posted by believer258 (12019 posts) -

@Egg0 said:

Future space nazi zombies. I think I just had a stroke.

On horseback.

I already see this becoming a meme.

#15 Posted by MarkWahlberg (4606 posts) -
but with zombies
#16 Posted by Wikitoups (851 posts) -

Mars....We go to mars...and give them air.

#17 Posted by EuanDewar (5046 posts) -

The Colossal Pillar of Wasp Eggs

#18 Posted by believer258 (12019 posts) -

@MarkWahlberg said:

but with zombies

That is positively brilliant, someone get Spielberg on the phone!

#19 Posted by PenguinDust (12570 posts) -
#20 Posted by SpaceInsomniac (3846 posts) -

Copy as much as they can from ME3's horde mode?

10 waves with various difficulties > unlimited waves where you kite enemies around in a loop and shoot while running backwards.

#21 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

Zombies with no shirts.

#22 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Future space nazi zombie horses.

#23 Posted by deerokus (559 posts) -

Cyborg Zombie Horses.

#24 Posted by Raulito (46 posts) -

@PeasantAbuse: mmm topless zombies

#25 Posted by jakob187 (21692 posts) -

Cyber zombies. DUH!

#26 Posted by FiestaUnicorn (1576 posts) -

Robot space zombies... from Earth!

#27 Edited by DrifterInGreen (49 posts) -

@themangalist said:

But I really don't see how nazi zombies on the moon (DLC map) and white house L4D could be topped. Giantbomb, blow my mind.

There was no "white house L4D"?

@DarthOrange said:

Zombie Americans.

You mean "Five"?

#28 Posted by Village_Guy (2645 posts) -

Pro-wrestler midget rocket launcher wearing future-time-traveling laser dinosaur mech-zombies.

#29 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11339 posts) -

What if, instead of shooting the zombies, you played as the zombies?

I also wouldn't be surprised if they completely overhauled this mode as well. Didn't Jeff say that the zombies stuff is in the multi-player part of the engine now? That probably means they're planning on having more than four players at once in this mode, which would mean larger/more open maps, right?

Moderator
#30 Posted by FulgoreSenpai (73 posts) -

IDK if anybody has said this but maybe zombies from the american civil war right? Also, robot zombies sounds hilarious!

#31 Posted by N7 (3609 posts) -
@MooseyMcMan said:

What if, instead of shooting the zombies, you played as the zombies?

I also wouldn't be surprised if they completely overhauled this mode as well. Didn't Jeff say that the zombies stuff is in the multi-player part of the engine now? That probably means they're planning on having more than four players at once in this mode, which would mean larger/more open maps, right?

The dude from the multiplayer video said that the zombies engine is now the one with multiplayer, which allows them to do more than they could before, and then straight up confirmed that there will be additional gamemodes within the Zombies mode. So, my guess is, they have "classic" zombies, and then "new zombies", which has more than 4 players, which will change the dynamic entirely. I mean with 4 players all Jugged out with a PaP'd Ray Gun and maybe something else, you can sit pretty until at least round 32, where the Ray Gun starts being shitty.
 
Just that idea of more players, holy christ. He said the maps are also going to be much bigger, which, if anyone remembers Ascension, we know how big a map can be. Or rather Moon, actually, I think was the biggest. But man... That whole new dynamic of introducing new characters and new players. It changes everything. And I mean everything. Black Ops only made it better, by them acknowledging how MLG some of the mods are, and the way people use these crazy strategies to get higher and higher rounds. Everything revolved around that mechanic of using these strategies that each map got harder and harder. And now the whole thing is going to be different. Damn.
#32 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3908 posts) -

Horse zombies, dog. Also dog zombies, horse.

#33 Posted by Ramone (2975 posts) -

Ninja Werewolf Cyborgs? On nano-machine driven horses possibly?

#34 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

add sexy ladies

#35 Posted by MikkaQ (10321 posts) -

Interdimensional Space Zombie Nazis from Space.

#36 Posted by MarkWahlberg (4606 posts) -

@N7 said:

@MooseyMcMan said:

What if, instead of shooting the zombies, you played as the zombies?

I also wouldn't be surprised if they completely overhauled this mode as well. Didn't Jeff say that the zombies stuff is in the multi-player part of the engine now? That probably means they're planning on having more than four players at once in this mode, which would mean larger/more open maps, right?

The dude from the multiplayer video said that the zombies engine is now the one with multiplayer, which allows them to do more than they could before, and then straight up confirmed that there will be additional gamemodes within the Zombies mode. So, my guess is, they have "classic" zombies, and then "new zombies", which has more than 4 players, which will change the dynamic entirely.

Although it'll probably end up being a L4D-style competitive version of zombie horde, I'd be totally down if they just made it all regular modes, but with zombies in them. Like, plant the bomb, capture the flag, team deathmatch, etc. But fucking zombies everywhere, fucking your shit up. It'd probably be kind of terrible, but it's crazy enough it just might work.

Like, for CTF, you have your two bases. But in between there's just hella zombies everywhere. Which would actually encourage team play, because you wouldn't be able to survive going outside unless you're rolling together. And the bases themselves are big enough that everyone hiding inside isn't going to automatically be able to fend off any attack. And also the zombies are trying to get in the base? Maybe that's too much. I dunno.

#37 Posted by RVonE (4672 posts) -
#38 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

Russian-Cyber-Velociraptors.

#39 Posted by MOSES (217 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

Future space nazi zombie horses.

Future space zombies riding flaming zombie horses!

#40 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

You play as dolphins with space lasers. You're on Mars. You fight robot Nazis zombies.

#41 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

Space nazi zombie dinosaurs from the future.

#42 Posted by IIChristian89II (243 posts) -

Ancient Chinese flying sword master zombies.

#43 Posted by AltonBrown (951 posts) -
#44 Posted by Vinny_Says (5721 posts) -

This is literally the easiest thing to top...just put zombies in the regular multiplayer so that when you're planting a bomb in search and destroy you have to worry about a zombie creeping up on you as much as an enemy player. Treyarch pay me.

#45 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6399 posts) -

Underwater zombies.

#46 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

Decepticons would be a cool enemy. Cross over!

#47 Posted by RetroVirus (1481 posts) -

Zombie Communists from the future space.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.