How Does this even happen?

#1 Edited by BD_Mr_Bubbles (1698 posts) -

Two totally different games by two different publishers and developers and this happens?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/13/mass-effect-accidentally-included-with-black-ops-2

WTF

Edit: Article updated, and while Activision does nothing Bioware gives out the Maas Effect trilogy to the first 50 who prove they got an ME 2 install disc instead of Black Ops Disc 2

#2 Posted by solidwolf52 (300 posts) -

Likely that the disc manufacturer messed up. I would assume both publishers use the same companies to print their discs. Someone at the facility probably selected the wrong data,

#3 Posted by ll_Exile_ll (1483 posts) -

Oh, Collusion!

#4 Posted by Baillie (4040 posts) -

Dude, that sounds awesome.

#5 Posted by Marcsman (3126 posts) -

It's an inside job. I think Cliffy B is behind it.

#6 Posted by BD_Mr_Bubbles (1698 posts) -

@solidwolf52 said:

Likely that the disc manufacturer messed up. I would assume both publishers use the same companies to print their discs. Someone at the facility probably selected the wrong data,

I never thought about the actual disc pressing factory. d'oh, still pretty messed up but kind of funny.

#7 Posted by Duff_McWhalen (23 posts) -

@ll_Exile_ll: This can't happen!

#8 Posted by BD_Mr_Bubbles (1698 posts) -

Also even if the factory messed up why was it ME 2? game was out 3 years ago on PC seems odd that that would be what they accidentally switched it with.

#9 Posted by Syndrom (352 posts) -

So Shepard is mason? Damn it all makes sense now!

#10 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

I knew Black Ops 2 was a prequel to the Mass Effect series all along.

#11 Edited by Zaccheus (1789 posts) -

I don't know why but I found this insanely funny.

#12 Posted by RenMcKormack (1074 posts) -

@ll_Exile_ll said:

Oh, Collusion!

#13 Posted by DoctorWelch (2774 posts) -

@ll_Exile_ll said:

Oh, Collusion!

#14 Posted by Nadril (524 posts) -
#15 Posted by nohthink (1223 posts) -

I found this hilarious

#16 Posted by Karkarov (3008 posts) -

@nohthink said:

I found this hilarious

That is because it is. It is so stupidly funny it almost makes me wish I had bought the game just so I could experience it myself and laugh my ass off over it.

#17 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

So is it a working copy of ME2 on the disc or what? This is pretty darn funny, someone somewhere must be sitting their their head in their hands.

#18 Posted by Solh0und (1759 posts) -

Man, I swore I just played a mission where I was following a blue chick and she had a big "Follow" above her .

#19 Posted by MattyFTM (14351 posts) -

@Hamz said:

So is it a working copy of ME2 on the disc or what? This is pretty darn funny, someone somewhere must be sitting their their head in their hands.

It'll probably have all the data of the ME2 retail disc. But without a serial key, it'll be useless.

#20 Posted by TMBaker (230 posts) -

So this is what they meant by player choice.

#21 Posted by thedj93 (1237 posts) -

not a bad trade, all things considered. it's like 2 games for the price of one! (if you're willing to download black ops 2 instead of get it off the discs)

#22 Posted by ShaggE (6348 posts) -

If it had been a copy of MoH, I would have guffawed quite heartily.

#23 Posted by ExplodeMode (852 posts) -

I kind of want one of those disc 2s, just to have it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.