Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Nov 13, 2012

The Black Ops storyline continues, switching the past Cold War from the game's predecessor to future 2025, as a new Cold War between U.S.A. and China flares up due to the actions of one vengeful drug-runner.

How is multiplayer/matchmaking on PlayStation 3?

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By napalm

Hello, all!

So, the frosty, golden-colored drenched Earth has made it to November, and that means a new Call Of Duty!

Now, I've been out of the loop since Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare on the multiplayer front. I did play through a bit of Black Ops and Modern Warfare 2's campaigns, so I'm still well versed in terms of feel. Now, I played those on the Xbox 360, and I really don't want to fork out money for Xbox Live Gold, so how is the game on PlayStation 3 in terms of gameplay, matchmaking, etc.?

Also, I haven't payed attention to this at all, but is there any player customization (outfits and shit)?

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Justin258

Yesterday, when my brother and I played it, we had one hard lock and that's all. No other issues from what I remember.

However, today my brother stayed out sick (actually sick, mind you, not sick to play CoD) and he says that he's been having connection issues all day. I saw him disconnected from a game earlier. So it's plenty playable but there are issues, and he says they happen often enough to be a problem. To cite him, "like every other game" - a ballpark estimate, but one that lets you know it was quite an annoyance.

Hell of a shame, too. The customization as far as classes and emblems seem better than ever (my brother made a Full Metal Alchemist transmutation circle!) and the multiplayer is pretty fun to me. I say wait until Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales and pick it up for potentially a few dollars less if you've heard reports that it's been fixed.

overnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By overnow

I was getting disconnected every second game earlier today and now I cannot even find a match in the Public Games section, it's been a few hours since it worked. I did find a few in the League Play section.

When it worked yesterday it was awesome.

Adrian79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Adrian79

At the moment it's broken as fuck. If you're lucky enough to get in a game, chances are you'll either get booted out sometime during the match or it'll freeze as soon as the match is over. Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying the game when I can play it, it's just virtually unplayable right now,

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Sackmanjones

Everytime I try to connect I get a messsage "An error has occured while trying to find a session, please try again".  Anyone else getting this message on ps3? Worked fine all yesterday and even this morning  now I can't do a damn thing.  

Gives me time to play campaign I guess.

overnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By overnow

I was having a ton of issues but they stopped at about 1am EST and it has been flawless since. During the past 5 hours I've updated twice. Nice to see they are working on this game quickly.

azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By azteris

It's been spotty garbage so far for me.

That being said: I don't think it has anything to do with PS3 versus Xbox. It's that Call of Duty has never had the best net stability.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.