If you thought Mt. Dew/Doritos Halo 4 was bad... (spoilers)

#1 Edited by Brighty (251 posts) -

Starts at 42m15s... spoilers I guess (although not really)

Thanks for playing Black Ops 2! Make sure to go out and buy Avenging Sevenfold's latest album today!

granted, this is taken out of context so maybe it makes more sense if you play through the entire game, but from this point it looks kind of disgusting

#2 Posted by Aronleon (769 posts) -

All right Bro cant wait to play this on 3D like the adds tell me to do because its almost like Im there, plus I get some sweet New Metal hardcore bro yeaaaaaah!.

Ok sarcasm aside if this is a joke I can accept that but then again this is Activision so I don't think they are this self aware.

#3 Posted by psylah (2177 posts) -

Well in that Black Ops zombie mode DLC they had Sarah Michelle Gellar, George Romero and some other folks, but that was in the context of a zombie movie shoot... does this have to do with zombies?

#4 Posted by GERALTITUDE (3318 posts) -

"A trojan horse. Odysseus."

Ladies and gentleman: games writing.

This video is all in all unwatchable. 2 out of 7 stars for the first six minutes, didn't see the rest.

#5 Posted by JJOR64 (18990 posts) -

When do I plug in my guitar?

#6 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -
@psylah

Well in that Black Ops zombie mode DLC they had Sarah Michelle Gellar, George Romero and some other folks, but that was in the context of a zombie movie shoot... does this have to do with zombies?

Just watch...it's fucking ridiculous. Not in a good way. Just a really dumb way.
#7 Posted by Blur_Fan (142 posts) -

Guitar Hero: Black Ops.

Those ingenious bastards!!!!

#8 Posted by zoozilla (978 posts) -

You know what? This makes the whole Medal of Honor and Linkin Park thing look like nothing.

And that's truly sad.

#9 Posted by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

Wow, that was pretty stupid, and I mean the dialogue, not even the very end.

#10 Posted by PeZ (112 posts) -

this reminds me of Bayonettas ending.

#11 Posted by Warchief (657 posts) -

who the fuck is Avenging Sevenfold?

#12 Posted by Gonmog (583 posts) -

Meh...dont see anything too wrong with this, most movie credits have a song going over them. This they just decided to have a funny music video. even if the music is meh.

#13 Posted by dudeglove (7843 posts) -

No. They're equally terrible. But I admire their determination in catering to this imaginary idiot.

#14 Posted by Hunkulese (2723 posts) -

I don't really get why people get so worked up over things like this. I really could care less whether or not they advertise things in games. How does it change anything if they have a band in the game? Especially after the credits.

Why is it disgusting?

#15 Posted by Vinny_Says (5708 posts) -

So I just skipped to the 42 minute mark and it seems like old man Mason is in a rock band....wtf?

This is post credits right? If so that's just funny, like that rap song from that other CoD game.

#16 Posted by Shookems (474 posts) -

@Hunkulese: Because none of them are wearing guitar straps!

#17 Posted by DeathByWaffle (636 posts) -

Wut

#18 Edited by WarlockEngineerMoreDakka (432 posts) -

And you're comparing this to the doritos/halo 4/mountain dew picture how exactly?

That picture had stuff to do with games 'journalism.' I don't see how Black Ops 2's joke ending scene has any link or similarities at all. -_-

#19 Posted by Coafi (1488 posts) -

I really don't get it. How am I supposed to feel about this?

#20 Edited by I_smell (3924 posts) -

That was really silly.

But if you thought Call of Duty Black Ops 2 was like an example of true artistic integrity and uncompromised authorship UNTIL NOW, then maybe rethink that stance. It's a summer blockbuster, it'd be a different story if this was... ... ... ....I can't think of a game that's above doing this...

#21 Posted by JordanaRama (190 posts) -

I don't... what?

This doesn't affect me at all, but, I just don't understand why this is a thing. It just sort of confuses me.

#22 Edited by I_smell (3924 posts) -

I'm kind of relieved that people aren't taking Call of Duty all that seriously.

To be honest my main reaction is "How does the biggest game on the planet have such stiff, puppet-lookin animation". It looks like a Tony Hawks Underground cutscene.

#23 Posted by jayjonesjunior (1090 posts) -

Oh man now i'm gonna be really pissed if the World doesn't end.

#24 Posted by BatOtaku13 (143 posts) -

this single player just really baffles me...especially the credits. how do you follow a morose spanish ballad with brodude dubstep?!

#25 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5476 posts) -

@GERALTITUDE: AC3 loves Odysseus as well! Ghost character of the year?

#26 Posted by GERALTITUDE (3318 posts) -

@Fredchuckdave: My mind is blown. How is Ghost Character not a standard award!? Hmmmmmmmmmm. Ideas-a-brew.

#27 Edited by Ramone (2966 posts) -

@I_smell said:

That was really silly. But if you thought Call of Duty Black Ops 2 was like an example of true artistic integrity and uncompromised authorship UNTIL NOW, then maybe rethink that stance. It's a summer blockbuster, it'd be a different story if this was... ... ... ....I can't think of a game that's above doing this...

I can think of several, you're clearly playing some very bad games.

#28 Edited by I_smell (3924 posts) -
@Ramone: Yeah I just watched the Halo 4 quick look, so I've just got giant goofy action romps in my head. I guess AN UNFINISHED SWAN wouldn't have a band attached to it, but that would never come up anyway.  In the world of Assassin's Creed or Mass Effect or Gears, Uncharted or whatever, I can picture it.

...Y'know what, I just beat Xcom: They wouldn't do something like that in a million years. There ya go.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.