Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Nov 13, 2012

The Black Ops storyline continues, switching the past Cold War from the game's predecessor to future 2025, as a new Cold War between U.S.A. and China flares up due to the actions of one vengeful drug-runner.

Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in.

• 62 results
    Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By Sooty

NOPE

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae53b407571
    deactivated-60ae53b407571

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

In my humble opinion, CoD 4 was the last good game of the franchise. Hey, it's the only one with an e-sports scene, with the others being horribly unbalanced messes. The campaign was balanced nicely as well, and didn't dwell into the supernatural like Black Ops, and wasn't as goddamn over the top as the rest. The series has started to seriously rival Transformers when it comes to unnecessary slow-motion use and explosions.

Black Ops 2 looks utterly insane, and I mean that in the sense where it looks rediculous. Horse chasing scenes? Robots/AI having gone rogue? Fighting over resources? Are we pushing Western, the movie Stealth and Battlefield: 2142 into this mess? I just feel that it's trying to be too much at the same time.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#53  Edited By Tennmuerti

I swear to a random diety, I've seen this exact same thread title for every time a new CoD comes out.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By Jimbo

Too little too late.  Also -even though I said I don't really care about setting- I always find the 'near-future' setting to be particularly lame. Unmanned drones and shit like that just make war boring, which is almost impossible.

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#55  Edited By zyn

I'm still out. MW3 ended it for me.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By ShaggE

MW3 was a chore, but I've always liked Treyarch's CODs in spite of myself. They're still rote and silly, but at least they embrace the silliness.

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#57  Edited By MachoFantastico

Still out, and glad for it. It's still the same old COD with slightly different make-up and that's not enough for me. Not sure what I'm after in COD anymore, been playing the series lovingly since the original PC game back in 2003 or something. How little it's changed is alarming to me. 

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#58  Edited By hockeymask27

I admit I'm in for a least the story.

WMWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#59  Edited By WMWA

I...guess I'm glad I didn't buy a CoD past World at War so I didn't have a chance to become AS jaded as you guys? Idk, it looks cool; Jeff kinda confirmed a lot of unknowns for me. Barring they're just straight up lying, I'm in

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#60  Edited By Monkeyman04

Thought the trailer and what Jeff had to say about it made it sound cool and all, but after getting burned on first MW2 and then Black Ops. Well in my opinion I did, since in MW2 the online for PC was horseshit thanks to IWnet. And then with Black Ops no one that I played with on MW2 made the switch and that was the only reason I played MW2 was to play with friends. I will admit that I really enjoyed the SP of Black Ops more then the SP of MW2, but as soon I finished the SP in Black Ops I haven't touched a CoD game since.

I didn't get MW3 because of that. I will have to wait and see what they do with Black ops 2 to see if I want to play it or not.

senorfuzzeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61  Edited By senorfuzzeh
    Dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#62  Edited By Dreamfall31

Same thing happened to me. Loved CoD4, came late to the MP so didnt play it much. Got super into the MW2's MP, though never got good, just had a bunch of fun. After that I just kind of stopped caring. Almost got Black Ops due to my Cold War love, but changed my mind. No intrest in MW3 as I can just play 2's MP still. Black Ops 2 looks genuinely good, even if it wasn't a CoD game. The back and forth between the future and the 80's seems really cool to me, and the new gameplay elements Jeff described really sound cool to me. I may pick it up if Jeff ends up thinking it's good...thought if not I'll rent it just to see what happens in the campaign!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.