Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Nov 13, 2012

The Black Ops storyline continues, switching the past Cold War from the game's predecessor to future 2025, as a new Cold War between U.S.A. and China flares up due to the actions of one vengeful drug-runner.

nuketown 24/7 gone?

• 70 results
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By napalm

@Apathylad said:

No Caption Provided

And all is right with the world again.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#52  Edited By recroulette

It's a playlist with Nuketown mixed with other maps. Like the cruise ship

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#53  Edited By golguin

@Napalm said:

@Apathylad said:

No Caption Provided

Except it's not because it's not the 24/7 playlist. It's supposed to be 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. That was the description of the playlist for the map that drove people to pre-order a copy.

xMrSunshine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By xMrSunshine

@Napalm said:

No. Fuck that. I want to know why this happened and how come it was even possible that they made a decision like this without ever telling consumers who paid for their product anything. This is not all right if we start to let this shit slide, not only will we have even more pre-order shit (like that's even possible), we'll have to start worrying if the people running the game are just going to go "Hey you're not getting that stuff anymore even though you paid for it". It's like someone walked up to you when you're 3/4 of your way through a pizza and told you you can't eat the rest even though you paid for it.

I don't care about the map itself, I don't care if the map is in a different playlist and fuck, I don't even own the game and am not going to buy it in the near future (certainly not now after this fiasco and the tech issues with recent CoD games on PCs) but the whole idea that this can happen is something that should concern anyone who's playing games and values their money enough that they think it's bullshit that they don't get what they paid for even though they were promised to get that product or service.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#55  Edited By Baillie

You guys need to get a grip. For one, the pre-order wasn't promising a 24/7 playlist, it promised the map. You now have the map. Secondly, stop reading into it so much. 24/7 means it's going to be that map all the time. Are you saying you've never heard that expression before and it hasn't been exactly 24 hours a day for exactly 7 days?

This happens all the time. It's like none of you have played Call of Duty before. DLC comes out, a playlist appears for those specific maps. Playlist gets taken away and the maps get merged into the normal public playlist. It has happened since Call of Duty 4.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#56  Edited By nightriff

That is a big fuck you to your fan base. Wow, was there any hint that this was only going to last a week or whatever? 24/7 must mean 24 hours a day for 7 days and then that's it. Glad I didn't get the game nor would I play the multiplayer because I would be livid about this.

xdaknightx69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By xdaknightx69

@Baillie: well this was my first modern COD and it does feel like i got cheated, they could have put the map into normal rotation but they didn't, nuketown 24/7 playlist was a good way to blow of steam or just have a few fast games.

putting the map in custom games only doesn't really matter because its the same thing as not having the map. when you are never going to be able to play on it.

i really cant seem to find Chaos playlist on PC

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#58  Edited By jacdg

@Baillie said:

You guys need to get a grip. For one, the pre-order wasn't promising a 24/7 playlist, it promised the map. You now have the map. Secondly, stop reading into it so much. 24/7 means it's going to be that map all the time. Are you saying you've never heard that expression before and it hasn't been exactly 24 hours a day for exactly 7 days?

This happens all the time. It's like none of you have played Call of Duty before. DLC comes out, a playlist appears for those specific maps. Playlist gets taken away and the maps get merged into the normal public playlist. It has happened since Call of Duty 4.

Shh, stop making sense.

Arker101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Arker101

@rebgav said:

@Arker101 said:

If the problem was population splitting then why not just throw it in the normal rotation for players who have it?

Logically, putting it in the rotation for players who have still splits the playerbase according to who has the pre-order map.

I think it's kind of dumb that they removed the playlist but it's also dumb to have a pre-order map which isn't going to be a freebie for everyone at some point so that you can play the thing. Maybe they'll give the Nuketown 2025 map away at some point so that everyone does have it and then they can slip the map into the rotation proper. Either that, or give it away with the first map pack and include it in the playlist for that.

But why completely remove the map from matchmaking? In past CODs, DLC maps would have they're own hoppers or would be mixed into existing hoppers. They would shuffle things around, sure, but never remove a map from the game. Treyarch did an irrational thing and gave no reason for doing so.

They added it back in one hopper with other maps(Chaos Moshpit), not into the normal rotation, so population splitting wasn't the issue. It would be nice if they gave it away for free, but since this is Activision we're talking about, it'll probably come out with the first map pack.

RAMBO604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By RAMBO604

I think the false advertising of the playlist is not the 24/7 part of the description. It was the "We Never Close". That implied that it was a permanent playlist now.

Also I've heard of people's codes not working if they didn't redeem them at launch and tried to do it during the XP Weekend. Don't know for certain if its true but if it is some shady shit going on with this "bonus map".

Avatar image for deactivated-59694a80bc6d9
    deactivated-59694a80bc6d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People need to understand, customers pre-ordered the game to play this map and now have their access to this map, restricted. Why didn't they say in their marketing that Nuketown was only going to be available to play online, for a short period of time?

I understand that the map is still available for custom games but c'm'on, be serious; who has that many COD fans online, on their friends list, at any one time?

@Baillie said:

Except, at the moment there are no DLC Playlists and Nuketown is DLC, hence, no Nuketown.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Baillie

@Humphreys: Yes there is. It got resolved pretty quickly.

Avatar image for deactivated-59694a80bc6d9
    deactivated-59694a80bc6d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Baillie: Right. as loads of people complained over the internet and they figured, maybe we should let them keep playing the map they are entitled to.

Out of curiosity, what happens if someone without Nukektown plays that Playlist and Nuketown loads-up?

Avatar image for living4theday258
    living4theday258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By living4theday258

@Humphreys said:

@Baillie: Right. as loads of people complained over the internet and they figured, maybe we should let them keep playing the map they are entitled to.

Out of curiosity, what happens if someone without Nukektown plays that Playlist and Nuketown loads-up?

the playlist probably doesnt appear or when you select it it says "DLC needed to play this." something like that.

as for the playlist guys stop flipping shit its back in the chaos playlist.

@Baillie said:

they do not plan to release nuke town to the public its a pre-order exclusive. so it won't get merged into regular playlists.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By napalm

I'm not really feeling the new playlist, and that's mainly because I'm not a huge fan of most of the maps.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d4cf64585b7
    deactivated-57d4cf64585b7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well it is not really all that detrimental. Sure a whole bunch of the maps suck huge balls but I don't like playing maps over and over really.

24/7 open for 6 days. -_-

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By murisan

@Napalm said:

I'm not really feeling the new playlist, and that's mainly because I'm not a huge fan of most of the maps.

Exactly. When I played Nuketown, it was because I wanted to play Nuketown. Not the other four shitty tiny maps. I'm a Ground War or Nuketown type of guy. Fucking god damnit.

JSwan13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#68  Edited By JSwan13

My theory:

Some people, including myself, think they initially removed Nuketown 24/7 because a large number of players were playing that, which was fragmenting the player base of the normal maps and causing connectivity problems with nuketown 24/7. What if they planned to bring it to chaos moshpit all along? If they removed the 24/7 playlist and added chaos moshpit at the same time people would have reacted the same way they did when they first removed it. By waiting some time between removing 24/7 and adding chaos they look like they are listening to the community and giving us back what we wanted.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Baillie

@Humphreys: Usually the game will segregate people with players who only have the same maps. Which means if I didn't have the Nuketown map, and I chose the chaos playlist, it would match me up to others players who also don't have the Nuketown map.

Either that, or it will lock them out of the playlist. When I played MW3 and I didn't download all of the DLC from the store that I was entitled to me, it made me search for only other players who only have the original maps.

I haven't played Black Ops 2, so I'm not entirely sure of the protocol.

Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Twisted_Scot

Thats dumb. It kept the people who love the map and the people that hate it apart, everyone won.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.