Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Nov 13, 2012

The Black Ops storyline continues, switching the past Cold War from the game's predecessor to future 2025, as a new Cold War between U.S.A. and China flares up due to the actions of one vengeful drug-runner.

Prestige Question

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
    hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By hippie_genocide

So, I just finished my first prestige and I notice I have around 17 or so unlock tokens. I don't want to lose them all if I do 2nd prestige, but wouldn't I lose all the unlocks if I prestiged anways? Would my unused tokens carry over to my next prestige if I don't spend them or be wiped out? Basically, I just wanted to know if there is a way to have all the weapon unlocks and all the score streak unlocks at the same time.

Sidenote: When I unlocked 1st prestige I chose for my reward ability to refund tokens, but I have yet to see how to do this in the game. Any thoughts?

Aishan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Aishan

Unlock tokens do not carry over prestige-to-prestige. Every time you prestige you have the ability to unlock an item permanently, regardless of the level requirement. This one will last you through all prestiges.

If you want everything, you need to hit Level 55 Prestige 10, which will automatically unlock everything.

Refund tokens only refunds the unlock tokens for that current prestige - i.e. you wasted some and unlocked something you don't want, you can reset them all and get exactly what you want instead.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
    hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By hippie_genocide

Yeah I figured that out. When I unlocked first prestige I used the reward token thing right away, which I now realize was stupid and a complete waste of an award since everything was locked again and I hadn't even used tokens yet.

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By OldManLight

by default, you don't get enough tokens to unlock everything. I'm told from another more committed friend than I that everything unlocks after 10th prestige. He knows first hand...yeah, i know, good guy to have in your party though.

kgb0515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By kgb0515

Hmm...I didn't know you got to keep a weapon unlocked after each prestige. Perhaps now I will muster the courage to take the plunge after all. I've been playing league matches lately though, and everything is unlocked anyway. It's both more and less frustrating than public matches, but I think I like it.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By napalm

There are permanent unlocks that you get every prestige to spend on an item. You also get your normal unlocks, and those don't carry, but I really don't think there's enough stuff to spend them on to unlock everything. I usually end a prestige with fifteen or so unlock tokens.

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By OldManLight

I've always been a prestiger, i like filling meters, i'll usually use the unlock tokens on items that are locked up at level 55 or the like so i can play with those more while i'm going through the lower levels. Tip, the AN-94 is definitely worth burning one of these tokens for.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By napalm

@OldManLight said:

I've always been a prestiger, i like filling meters, i'll usually use the unlock tokens on items that are locked up at level 55 or the like so i can play with those more while i'm going through the lower levels. Tip, the AN-94 is definitely worth burning one of these tokens for.

Isn't that the very last assault rifle? That oversized-looking AK-47 that does ridiculous damage?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad
    deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@Napalm said:

@OldManLight said:

Isn't that the very last assault rifle? That oversized-looking AK-47 that does ridiculous damage?

Pretty much. Also the Chicom CQB is pretty overpowered too for a submachine gun. Honestly I don't think I'll ever need all the unlocks because there are only a certain number of weapons I'd ever use.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By napalm

@Castermhief117 said:

Honestly I don't think I'll ever need all the unlocks because there are only a certain number of weapons I'd ever use.

Eh, you're missing out on a lot of fun and challenge, I think. I was the same way when I hit Prestige Level 2. I permunlocked the KAP-40, used the MP7 a ton and said, "I won't need anything else." I just hit Prestige Level 3 last night, and I really wanted to start using different weapons and really changing up my loadouts. So I equipped an all-pistol class with the Five-Seven (which I never use), and said, "I'm going to use only this weapon, and I want to dominate with it." I'm sitting at level sixteen or so after using the Five-Seven almost exclusively. I can see why you'd want to limit yourself to certain guns when you first start off, mainly because you're searching for something that works, but also realize the game stays fun and fresh when you're throwing a wrench in your weapon setups. The only time I stick with my expected loadouts is during the Double XP weekends when Nuketown 2025 is unlocked and I go total Rambo during that time and trying to beef up my score anyway possible.

vaportra1l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By vaportra1l

I'm almost at prestige 8, here's what I've perma unlocked if I remember right:

Ghost, VSAT, AN-94, Flak Jacket, C4, Scavenger and the Skorpion EVO

Since there aren't any pro perks to get anymore and headshots/weapon levels do not reset, you pretty much lose nothing when you prestige now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.