Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Nov 13, 2012

The Black Ops storyline continues, switching the past Cold War from the game's predecessor to future 2025, as a new Cold War between U.S.A. and China flares up due to the actions of one vengeful drug-runner.

So no text adventure or dual stick shooter?

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Pie

Haven't heard anyone mention anything but would like to make sure.

Kinda disappointing that one of the coolest parts of black ops is missing

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Justin258

It's cool once. It's pandering twice.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Pie

@believer258 said:

I didn't mean that it's disappointing that those two things in particular were missing but more that any of that stuff is missing. Also pandering wut this is call of duty.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Justin258

@Pie said:

@believer258 said:

I didn't mean that it's disappointing that those two things in particular were missing but more that any of that stuff is missing. Also pandering wut this is call of duty.

"Pandering" might have been the wrong word. Regardless, I don't think that it would have been cool or interesting a second time and maybe they were more concerned with getting the main parts of Call of Duty done well first and didn't have time to put a text adventure or a roguelike or a top down zombie shooter or a JRPG or whatever into it.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Pie

@believer258 said:

@Pie said:

@believer258 said:

"Pandering" might have been the wrong word. Regardless, I don't think that it would have been cool or interesting a second time and maybe they were more concerned with getting the main parts of Call of Duty done well first and didn't have time to put a text adventure or a roguelike or a top down zombie shooter or a JRPG or whatever into it.

No. A JRPG would of been better. You can't deny that.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Justin258

@Pie said:

@believer258 said:

@Pie said:

@believer258 said:

I'm not, I'm just saying that keeping Zork and that top-down shooter in there would have been kind of lame, and they probably didn't have time for something else. A JRPG would have been great. Spikey-haired Mason teams up with his misfit friends and saves the world from Satan masquerading as God? Yep, let's do this, and throw some Oscar Mike's and Ooorah's in there for good measure.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Pie

10 minute long AC-130 summoning cutscene.

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
    EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By EquitasInvictus

@believer258 said:

@Pie said:

@believer258 said:

@Pie said:

@believer258 said:

I'm not, I'm just saying that keeping Zork and that top-down shooter in there would have been kind of lame, and they probably didn't have time for something else. A JRPG would have been great. Spikey-haired Mason teams up with his misfit friends and saves the world from Satan masquerading as God? Yep, let's do this, and throw some Oscar Mike's and Ooorah's in there for good measure.

@Pie said:

That in COD: BLOPS III would be pretty intense, but how would they fit that in context of anything? At least Zork and that shooter being in a ancient computer terminal wasn't too farfetched, but I can't imagine where they'd make a JRPG at least somewhat conceivable.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Justin258

@EquitasInvictus said:

@believer258 said:

@Pie said:

@believer258 said:

@Pie said:

@believer258 said:

@Pie said:

That in COD: BLOPS III would be pretty intense, but how would they fit that in context of anything? At least Zork and that shooter being in a ancient computer terminal wasn't too farfetched, but I can't imagine where they'd make a JRPG at least somewhat conceivable.

How do they make zombies anywhere near "somewhat" conceivable?

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Pie

@believer258 said:

@EquitasInvictus said:

@believer258 said:

@Pie said:

@believer258 said:

@Pie said:

@believer258 said:

@Pie said:

How do they make zombies anywhere near "somewhat" conceivable?

The story in blops is set in a different universe to zombies world. Get your blops facts right.

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
    EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By EquitasInvictus

@believer258: Good point; I guess they did manage to pull that off without needing to back it up with any sort of context.

I still can't imagine how they'd handle trying to sneak a JRPG in a Black Ops, though!

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Pie

Woods learned how to program games during his time imprisoned(?) and the JRPG is his messed up interpretation of how he and his pals saved the world from the numbers.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#13  Edited By Dagbiker

Turning Spec Ops into a Isometric-Tactics-Game like Xcom or FF Tactics would have been better.

ep_driver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By ep_driver

IGN posted a video of an easter egg. I couldn't get this to work. I tried it in a local match with only myself in the match. I missed a head or two a few times because there are so many damn mannequins to keep track of, then got over it and stopped trying. Pretty sure I did it correctly once or twice and didn't work, but who knows. Let me know if it works for any of you.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/11/16/call-of-duty-black-ops-2-easter-egg-retro-games-on-nuketown

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Pie

@ep_driver said:

IGN posted a video of an easter egg. I couldn't get this to work. I tried it in a local match with only myself in the match. I missed a head or two a few times because there are so many damn mannequins to keep track of, then got over it and stopped trying. Pretty sure I did it correctly once or twice and didn't work, but who knows. Let me know if it works for any of you.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/11/16/call-of-duty-black-ops-2-easter-egg-retro-games-on-nuketown

Huh that is pretty awesome, thanks for pointing it out.

See@believer258 ! That's cool you party pooper!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.