What category would Call of Duty Black Ops 2 fall under?

#1 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -


#2 Posted by EVO (3941 posts) -

Both.

#3 Posted by _Chad (960 posts) -

Mid-core.

Online
#4 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Casual/mainstream. FPS doesn't get easier than Call of Duty.

#5 Edited by MB (13138 posts) -

It doesn't get more mainstream than Call of Duty.

Ironically, no other game's user base considers themselves more hardcore than Call of Duty people...and everyone knows the type of person I'm referring to.

Moderator
#6 Posted by Grillbar (1913 posts) -

neither but if i had to choose i would have to say mainstream

#7 Posted by Laurentech (127 posts) -

Casual Hardcore Amateurs

(15.99 a month)

#8 Posted by Village_Guy (2665 posts) -

Hard-stream and Main-core perhaps?

Nah, it's mainstream.

#9 Posted by Ursus_Veritas (383 posts) -

My choice is 'it's a goddamn video game, who cares?'.

#10 Posted by Animasta (14727 posts) -

are you trying to get a porn thread going after that softcore thread got locked?

I see your ploy

#11 Posted by probablytuna (3828 posts) -

God damn it.

#12 Posted by Sayishere (1840 posts) -

People are not really gamers are gamers when they play Call of Duty games

#13 Posted by Laurentech (127 posts) -

@Sayishere said:

People are not really gamers are gamers when they play Call of Duty games

Games are not people when they Call of Duty.

#14 Posted by impartialgecko (1689 posts) -

Videogame

#15 Posted by mordukai (7185 posts) -

Lowest Common Denomincore.

#16 Posted by Ghostiet (5330 posts) -

Lolicore.

#17 Edited by living4theday258 (677 posts) -

@MB said:

It doesn't get more mainstream than Call of Duty.

Ironically, no other game's user base considers themselves more hardcore than Call of Duty people...and everyone knows the type of person I'm referring to.

the type of person who constantly runs around saying "fuck yea i just got another kill bro" or "i just no scoped across the map."

and when they get killed "THAT GODDAMN MOTHER FUCKER IS USING HACKS!!!! IM 10th PRESTIGE HE CANT KILL ME!!!!!"

that type of person?

#18 Posted by aquamarin (555 posts) -

@MB said:

Ironically, no other game's user base considers themselves more hardcore than Call of Duty people...and everyone knows the type of person I'm referring to.

Dudebros.

#19 Posted by Captain_Felafel (1602 posts) -

@ChadMasterFlash said:

Mid-core.

Hardstream.

#20 Posted by DuhQbnSiLo (2139 posts) -

@Sayishere said:

People are not really gamers are gamers when they play Call of Duty games

This

#21 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

Metalcore? Deathcore?

Mainstream. Call of Duty is FPS game at their easiest.

#22 Posted by natetodamax (19220 posts) -

Post-midcorestream

#23 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7184 posts) -

Mainstream for sure. Would anyone disagree?

#24 Posted by laserbolts (5369 posts) -

It can be both. There those that play the game religiously on a pro level so in that case it's hardcore. Then there are those that play it casually. It can be whatever the gamer wants it to be.

Online
#25 Posted by Carryboy (748 posts) -

This is the worst.

#26 Posted by OneManX (1693 posts) -

YO VIDEOGAMES!

#27 Posted by kadash299 (282 posts) -

Why isn't "Bad" an option?

#28 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -

I used to not mind the "hardcore gamer" term. I thought it was a nice way to distinguish people who follow video game news and are serious about the medium compared to people who only play a few games, even if it's voraciously, but don't know much about the news and information revolving around the industry.

I don't care for the term any longer.

#29 Posted by YOU_DIED (703 posts) -

@DuhQbnSiLo said:

@Sayishere said:

People are not really gamers are gamers when they play Call of Duty games

This

I somewhat agree but I'm also really tired of the word 'gamer'. It has gotten worn out to shit by marketing departments, and it makes it easy for people to assume that everyone who plays video games also chugs mountain dew, eats doritos, and plays massive amounts of CoD. It's also just a weird term, I mean, do you ever hear anyone say 'movie watcher'? Or 'book reader'?

#30 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

@kadash299: Because Call of Duty Black Ops 2 is not a bad game, even if you personally don't like the Call of Duty franchise you'd be stupid to say it is a bad game.

#31 Posted by kadash299 (282 posts) -

@Hizang said:

@kadash299: Because Call of Duty Black Ops 2 is not a bad game, even if you personally don't like the Call of Duty franchise you'd be stupid to say it is a bad game.

I disagree, I think it is legitimately a bad game. It is a game i've played over and over again for 7 years, And quite frankly, as good as the first time around was, Once you've done it 7 times, its repetitive, boring, and uninteresting, making it overall... bad

#32 Posted by Levio (1786 posts) -

Those two adjectives aren't mutually exclusive, so I refuse to take part in the survey as if they are.

#33 Posted by Ramone (2976 posts) -

HXC

#34 Posted by Brendan (8155 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

I used to not mind the "hardcore gamer" term. I thought it was a nice way to distinguish people who follow video game news and are serious about the medium compared to people who only play a few games, even if it's voraciously, but don't know much about the news and information revolving around the industry.

I don't care for the term any longer.

With this thread, it's now cemented it's douchey status. What's "hardcore" even supposed to mean at this point anyway? Is it a term that we use to bar people from feeling included in our forum clubs? Le. Sigh.

#35 Posted by doobie (605 posts) -

@YOU_DIED said:

@DuhQbnSiLo said:

@Sayishere said:

People are not really gamers are gamers when they play Call of Duty games

This

I somewhat agree but I'm also really tired of the word 'gamer'. It has gotten worn out to shit by marketing departments, and it makes it easy for people to assume that everyone who plays video games also chugs mountain dew, eats doritos, and plays massive amounts of CoD. It's also just a weird term, I mean, do you ever hear anyone say 'movie watcher'? Or 'book reader'?

welll flim buff/moviegoer or reader are quite common

#36 Posted by doobie (605 posts) -

@kadash299 said:

@Hizang said:

@kadash299: Because Call of Duty Black Ops 2 is not a bad game, even if you personally don't like the Call of Duty franchise you'd be stupid to say it is a bad game.

I disagree, I think it is legitimately a bad game. It is a game i've played over and over again for 7 years, And quite frankly, as good as the first time around was, Once you've done it 7 times, its repetitive, boring, and uninteresting, making it overall... bad

that post says more about you than it does about CoD

#37 Posted by GeekDown (1170 posts) -

Just look at the sales figues. It's definitely a mainstream game. I don't really like the distinction though, because basically all games can be considered maninstream these days.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.