Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Nov 13, 2012

The Black Ops storyline continues, switching the past Cold War from the game's predecessor to future 2025, as a new Cold War between U.S.A. and China flares up due to the actions of one vengeful drug-runner.

[Wii U version] Split-screen 4 player, zombies?

SpaceKangaroo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 28

#1  Edited By SpaceKangaroo

YAW!

Can't seem to find any info on this, does the Wii U version support 4 players split-screen for zombies?

If so, any idea if the gamepad integrates the same way? (i.e. 3 players on screen, 1 on pad)

Only interested in playing the SP and local co-op on zombies, picking a Wii U up next week (UK launch) so I thought I might as well throw my money at the Wii U version.

Driam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Driam

I don't have the game so all I can do is speculate, but when the fellas selected "Double Screen" during the live stream, the description said "One player will use the Wii U Gamepad" and "All other local players will use the TV.", implying that multiple people would be able to play on the TV while one dude used the pad.

mayhem13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By mayhem13

Unfortunately the Wii U version on Zombie mode only supports local 1-2 players (360 I know supports up to four). This is regardless of what controller setup you use. I tried with the Wii U GamePad, Wii Controller/Nunchuk, Wii Classic Controller Pro and no matter what 1-2 players on Zombie Mode.

The Wii U version has it's postives and negatives. The biggest positives is multiple control modes and off screen GamePad playback on ALL modes. Which is nice. The negative...some framerate issues, downgraded or missing features, no dlc yet. As far as graphics...eh...360/Wii U are all I tested and I think they look identical. If the Wii U looks better, its nothing significant. Wii U loads a little slower but nothing major. Also when it comes to playing online, alot more players available on the 360/PS3 versions, which isn't a surprise.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.