Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Black Ops III

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Nov 06, 2015

Set 40 years after the events of Black Ops II, the twelfth installment of the Call of Duty series brings advanced robotics and biotic augmentations to the clandestine operations of the Black Ops storyline.

Any artists want to take a shot at the Giant Bomb logo emblem?

bahmirk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bahmirk

Lets see if we can get it trending. I've been trying to make the logo but I'm terrible at it.

I'm having a lot of frustration with the way emblems are shared and browsed through the in game interface. I wish there was a way to look at emblems on a web browser on a computer instead. The load times for browsing the emblems are tremendous.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really like creating emblems in BO games. I'll try it out and if i succeed, i'll post it here.

bahmirk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's kind of amazing what some of these people can make. I made a crappy quake 3 logo, haha.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@giant_gamer said:

I really like creating emblems in BO games. I'll try it out and if i succeed, i'll post it here.

Tell you what, if you or anyone else makes a good looking Giant Bomb emblem, I'll make it the community image for the Giant Bomb PS4 community. Speaking of which, if you'd like to play with some more people, join up.

If anyone here hasn't looked at some of the trending emblems and paint shops in the game yet, you should. Some of them are really impressive. It's too bad that we can't download them to use ourselves, but I imagine that functionality might be coming later.

JJBSterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By JJBSterling

Tried my best. Looking at it now, it seems like the colours are a little different on my TV compared to this upload, but oh well. I think it's okay but I'm sure someone else will step up and blow this out of the water.

No Caption Provided

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

No Caption Provided

Creating the giant bomb emblem is one of the first things I do anytime I start a new Call of Duty or Battlefield game that supports it haha. This time, the background felt a little empty so I tried to make it look like the video bumper.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spaceinsomniac: I've seen your thread and i would have love to join the community but my connection is mostly horrible with both Americas. This is why refrained from joining in.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Giant_Gamer

@jjbsterling: this looks pretty damn good!

I tried to make one myself but it looked like crap toward the one on the link below so i removed it.

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0021/8972/products/logo_thumbnail.jpg?v=1434179584

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@giant_gamer said:

@spaceinsomniac: I've seen your thread and i would have love to join the community but my connection is mostly horrible with both Americas. This is why refrained from joining in.

Sorry to hear it, but Zombies and Campaign might be playable enough. It's not a US only community, so feel free to join anyway, if you'd like. I do agree, though, that traditional competitive multiplayer is a mess when trying to play with people on two different continents.

Anyhow, I suck with the emblem editor, so both of the examples above are far beyond my skills, but I ended up going with the one that @jjbsterling: made. It seemed just a little bit closer to the official emblem to me, although it was close. I did like the background in the other emblem, though. That was a nice touch.

The community image has been changed. Unfortunately, I've heard that the developers ran into some legal issues with people being able to share emblems and paint jobs in the game itself, so the community image is sadly going to be the closest this emblems comes to being shared with the community. They're still trying to work through the issues, though, and are hoping to add proper user content sharing features at a later date.

secondhands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm way late, but here's my attempt.

Miscellaneous thoughts:

-Super sad to hear about potentially not being able to share emblems in the future - that's what I was hoping for when I made this.

-I enjoy the "textures" color options - fun to switch up the backgrounds of emblems like these.

-This was easier than I expected, but you really have to finesse the free transform tool to get some of the shapes/curves just right

-Making black borders around sections is dead simple if you just remember to copy the layer you want to border, change the copy's color to black, move the copy behind the original layer, and slightly increase the copy's size.

-I used 57 layers but could probably simplifyy this down to 45 or so - maybe I will make a tutorial when I get the nerve to do this all over on PS4.

-If anyone wants to add me, it's Secondhands on Xbox One and secondhands12 on PS4.

Cheers.

No Caption Provided

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By OldManLight
    No Caption Provided

Here's my attempt i just published on Xbox One. It's published under the title "giantbomb.com" so others can download it. My gamertag is Old Man Light. Enjoy.

No Caption Provided

Re-inserting. not sure where the first one went.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Here's my attempt i just published on Xbox One. It's published under the title "giantbomb.com" so others can download it. My gamertag is Old Man Light. Enjoy.

The image seems to be broken right now, but I saw it when it was working, and you did a darn nice job. For those who can't see the image, it was basically the entire Giant Bomb logo, text and all.

@secondhands:

Yours is pretty good too. And I'm glad to see that you joined the community. I should be online some today--Wednesday--and a lot over the weekend. The official Treyarch twitter account posted a poll asking if people would like to have double XP this weekend, and the only options were two ways of saying yes. It should help me finally hit the level cap.

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By OldManLight

@spaceinsomniac: thanks! not sure where the original went but i re-uploaded the screenshot.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.