3D on 360...

#1 Posted by JusticeCat (113 posts) -

So it was announced that this game will support 3D on PC, PS3 and 360.. I am aware of PCs and PS3s implementation of 3D, but how will it work on 360? does the 360 support that stuff yet or will it be relying on the TV to make it work..?

#2 Posted by Hooded (435 posts) -

Its too soon to say what tech they are using but the 360 is capable of doing 3D. Some games released in 3D on the 360 (Batman Arkham Asylum Game of the year edition and a couple others). I think they will be using the same tech but most prob more improved. I'm sure we will find out closer to the release date.

#3 Posted by feathersword (11 posts) -

Yeah, the only real reason that we're seeing such a push of 3D on the PS3 is because Sony want to sell more 3D tvs. Microsoft doesn't have that motive (do we even need to mention nintendo?) so it's not as big a deal.

#4 Posted by MisterChief (831 posts) -

The 360 has supported 3D longer than the PS3 has I think. MS just doesn't talk about it because there is no real benefit in it for them other then making sure their platform supports it so they can have feature parity.

#5 Posted by RsistncE (4496 posts) -

I don't know what's more gimmicky: motion controls or 3D TV's.

#6 Posted by MattyFTM (14370 posts) -

There is nothing special about the hardware of the PS3 allowing 3D, it's all done within the software, and the 360 will do it in the same way. The only reason 3D has been big on the PS3 is because Sony have been pushing it because of their investment in 3D TV's.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.