Ak-74u=UMP.=Mp-40

#1 Posted by Paulio131 (25 posts) -

*sigh* You know it, I know it, they all seem to be that ONE cheap gun released in all previous COD games re-skinned.  
Yes? No? 
Opinions? 
Thanks!

#2 Posted by Potter9156 (940 posts) -

UMP5 wasn't overpowered.

#3 Posted by Paulio131 (25 posts) -
@Potter9156: In mw2? ehh, I disagree. It was a 3 shot kill without stopping power, and had the range of an assault rifle with the mobility and speed of an SMG
#4 Posted by h83r (468 posts) -

AK74u is almost as bad as the UMP. Almost. The thing that's stopping it from being as bad(and when I mean bad, I mean good) as the UMP is that it takes controlled bursts to kill guys at range. Even with a silencer, there's still noticeable recoil when you try shooting at dudes further away. 
Even further than that, I think that it's not that the AK74u is that overpowered, it's just that all the other SMG's are incredibly underpowered. Whether it be damage, clip size, or recoil, the other SMG's are just terrible. There's no reason why anyone should use a Skorpion apart from trying to be ironic. And even then, it's just terrible. 
In any case, David Vahnderhaar(Game Design Director [in charge of mp]) has already said that he's looking into doing something about the 74u and the G11.

#5 Posted by Pessh (2454 posts) -

Waw Bitching = MW2 Bitching = Blops Bitching

#6 Posted by Paulio131 (25 posts) -
@h83r: Thats refreshing, I havent noticed a problem with the G11, but I wouldnt mind either a 47u nerf, OR raised damage for other SMG's
#7 Posted by mshaw006 (540 posts) -

http://www.giantbomb.com/call-of-duty-black-ops/61-26423/black-ops-gun-statistics/35-467264/#26     

The AK74u is not overpowered. These are the categories in which the AK74u and MP5 are different: recoil, centering speed, reload speed, raise and drop times. 

The AK74u has a slightly tighter bullet spread, the MP5 has a slightly faster centering speed, and the AK74u has a faster reload. The AK74u also has the edge in raise/drop times, but those hold little import. 

In every other category, including damage, fire rate, and range (with and without silencer), they are the same.
#8 Edited by Raiden361 (14 posts) -

Is that even with the grip attached to the AK-74u?

I think its only when the Grip is attached to the AK74 that it becomes over powered. 

@mshaw006 said:

"
http://www.giantbomb.com/call-of-duty-black-ops/61-26423/black-ops-gun-statistics/35-467264/#26      The AK74u is not overpowered. These are the categories in which the AK74u and MP5 are different: recoil, centering speed, reload speed, raise and drop times.  The AK74u has a slightly tighter bullet spread, the MP5 has a slightly faster centering speed, and the AK74u has a faster reload. The AK74u also has the edge in raise/drop times, but those hold little import.  In every other category, including damage, fire rate, and range (with and without silencer), they are the same. "

#9 Posted by foggel (2763 posts) -

I'm surprised that noone is complaining about the TAR-21 in MW2. I use it all the time, it's overpowered as hell. 

Is there an equivalent in BLOPS?

#10 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

It's not overpowered, just a lot of people use it, therefore you will die more from that weapon and boo hoo overpowered nerf nerf nerf 

#11 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

You can get mud in the Ak and it'll still fire. I don't know how you turn that into a game mechanic though.

#12 Posted by Alexzont (12 posts) -
@Potter9156: The UMP45 especially with a silencer was very overpowered!
#14 Posted by Paulio131 (25 posts) -
@foggel: I was always fine with the TAR 21 in MW2  simply because it was an assault rifle, I have no problem being sprayed down from across the map with  a rifle of any kind.
#15 Posted by NuclearKnight (34 posts) -

What about the M16? i don't care if a weapon is overpowered or not but the M16 is basically a one hit kill with almost no recoil yet no one complains about it.
#16 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -
@NuclearKnight said:
" What about the M16? i don't care if a weapon is overpowered or not but the M16 is basically a one hit kill with almost no recoil yet no one complains about it. "
I do, but I just keep complaints to myself nowadays since nothing will happen no matter where you post about it.
#17 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Expecting realistic feedback from a gun in a game like this is kind of silly.

#18 Posted by Druminator (1676 posts) -

I thought the 74u was overpowered a bit a first, but then I started using the Skorpion and it's almost just like the MP40. Best SMG I think.

#19 Edited by Potter9156 (940 posts) -
@Alexzont said:

" @Potter9156: The UMP45 especially with a silencer was very overpowered! "

@Paulio131 said: 

@Potter9156: In mw2? ehh, I disagree. It was a 3 shot kill without stopping power, and had the range of an assault rifle with the mobility and speed of an SMG "

It was never a gun I used. When I did use it, I did bad. I always preferred the Uzi with rapid fire. 

#20 Posted by NuclearKnight (34 posts) -
@Jack268:
Yeah i do aswell. most people make threads about how overpowered guns are... like this one.
#21 Posted by huntad (1930 posts) -
@Pessh said:
" Waw Bitching = MW2 Bitching = Blops Bitching "
#22 Posted by JacDG (2114 posts) -
@Jack268 said:

" It's not overpowered, just a lot of people use it, therefore you will die more from that weapon and boo hoo overpowered nerf nerf nerf 

"

True dat! Even though I myself are pissed when killed by the 74u, I think a lot of the other SMG's are just as good, and more fun to use. I actually have 4 of 6 classes made by different SMG's, the PM63 or  MPL, MP5k, Spectre and the Skorpion, I would agree that the 74u is better than these weapons, but I personally do better with the MPL, MP5k and Skorpion based on my K/D with those guns.
#23 Edited by Khadyn (228 posts) -

I won't deny I use the AK74u all the time but, its the only SMG I feel even has a chance in a fight compared to the other SMGs. I don't think its overpowered, its just the only one that is even useful in the SMG section. For me..overpowered is being killed 95% of the time with either Famas - Galil - Commando or the red headed step child AUG. Those weapons are overpowered and need a balance especially when people use  them for sniping weapons. Nothing worse then shooting someone 3 times in the chest with a sniper rifle and all 3 "supposedly" are misses and he turns around and pew pew pew kills me /sigh

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.