Anyone 'done' with Black Ops now?

• 94 results
#1 Posted by WickedFather (1733 posts) -

I'm not saying done with it in an angry this is a pile of cack way, just in a "Yeah, I've pretty much seen it all before."  And the trade in price is pretty good.  In Britain C.E.X will give you £33 cash or Argos will give £37 instore vouchers and that's a little bit tempting for a tight-fisted gamer.

#2 Posted by InfamousBIG (3201 posts) -

Yeah, I'm actually going into town to trade it in right now. 

Really really liked what I played of it, but I've seen it before.  Done with it.

#3 Posted by Tactical_Kill (1695 posts) -

Oh hey the sites fixed. 

And no. I'm still playing it and enjoying it. Although, I haven't had much time to play anything lately. 

#4 Posted by Bigrhyno (505 posts) -

Based on the past few CoD games, I normally would be by now, but I am still enjoying it and am halfway towards my 3rd prestige.

#5 Posted by Raymayne (1226 posts) -

Nope, and Jesus man nobody has used the word 'cack' in about two decades...bloody Northerners.

#6 Edited by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -

I would be tempted if any of the games being released this month looked at all interesting :/

#7 Posted by Mrskidders (1330 posts) -

Its back on my shelf, not be played again for a long while.  Also...@WickedFather said:

" I'm not saying done with it in an angry this is a pile of cack way, just in a "Yeah, I've pretty much seen it all before."  And the trade in price is pretty good.  In Britain C.E.X will give you £33 cash or Argos will give £37 instore vouchers and that's a little bit tempting for a tight-fisted gamer. "
Last time I heard someone say the word cack it was Dominic Diamond on Gamesmaster.  Good nostalgia job there.
#8 Posted by LLJK_Jasta (292 posts) -

I played a lot of Black Ops the first week, but have slowed down now.  I still love the game, but its fast pace wears on me after a while so now I tend to be only playing a few matches per session.

#9 Posted by nail1080 (1975 posts) -

Never trade in the latest COD game - you never know when you might get cravings to play it online again. 

Also Black Ops has the best most balanced mp in any COD game so far

#10 Posted by WickedFather (1733 posts) -

I've got loads of games to look forward to being tight-fisted.  MW2 was the first game I bought new, and this was the 2nd so £33 would get me at least 3 games that are a tenner now.  I didn't play multiplayer in MW2 for 3 months even though I had it on release day.  I loved Spec Ops, that's where the magic was.  I'm alright at mp on Black Ops but after a while I think Yeah, I'm shooting a load of people but there's no narrative and I played a game of Bad Company 2 during the week and that was so much more fun.  COD is great for instant cheap thrills but you really feel like you're mucking in with Battlefield.

As for the cack thing - I always try and rake up stupid nonsense when I'm trying not to swear.  I even said smashing a while ago purely by accident.  It went down well.

#11 Posted by JakeTaylor (309 posts) -
@WickedFather: CEX will give £33? Hmm, that really is tempting. I don't yet know if I'm done, though I'm only rank 22.
#12 Edited by WickedFather (1733 posts) -

£33 cash, £36 trade in.  Gamestation reckon they'll beat all trade in offers by a quid so you could try that.  I might just get the Argos vouchers and wait to pounce on something.  That would also make me feel like I got 2100 MS points for £5.49 being as I bought Black Ops + 2100 Points on the Tesco £42.49 deal.  Can't grumble at that.

#13 Posted by MaddProdigy (1041 posts) -

Finished the campaign, prestiged twice, I'm done. I think I'll hang onto it so I can check out later map packs and occasionally pick up some multiplayer, but I got over it much faster than MW2. More of the same, and it's just not holding my attention the same way.

#14 Posted by LLJK_Jasta (292 posts) -
@WickedFather said:
" I've got loads of games to look forward to being tight-fisted.  MW2 was the first game I bought new, and this was the 2nd so £33 would get me at least 3 games that are a tenner now.  I didn't play multiplayer in MW2 for 3 months even though I had it on release day.  I loved Spec Ops, that's where the magic was.  I'm alright at mp on Black Ops but after a while I think Yeah, I'm shooting a load of people but there's no narrative and I played a game of Bad Company 2 during the week and that was so much more fun.  COD is great for instant cheap thrills but you really feel like you're mucking in with Battlefield.

As for the cack thing - I always try and rake up stupid nonsense when I'm trying not to swear.  I even said smashing a while ago purely by accident.  It went down well. "
I totally agree.

I actually only bought Bad Company 2 yesterday because I thought its large scale combat might be a good alternative to the tight, twitchy combat of Black Ops.  I was so right.  I love them both, but I am certainly having more fun in Bad Company 2.
#16 Posted by bobafettjm (1484 posts) -

I am not at all done with this game. The multiplayer is a ton of fun and I probably won't put it away for any long period of time until the next one comes out.

#17 Posted by jkz (4025 posts) -

I really enjoy the game's multi-player, and think it's the best the series has offered to this point (arguably; COD4 is still pretty great), but yes, I'm pretty much done. I still play it on occasion, but I just don't feel compelled to go back and play it any more.

#18 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Haven't started, probably never will.

#19 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2712 posts) -

Havent started. 
#20 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -

No, it's awesome.

#21 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

I never trade in games. It feels like the mp wont last nearly as long as MW2s though, beause theres really no drive to level when you have everything at low lvls(FAMAS, all attachments, all perks). The metagame isn't nearly as grand as MW2's. 

Srsly, the cod points system is terrible. There is no point in leveling when you can unlock pretty much everything worthwhile at like lvl 10.

#22 Edited by damswedon (3191 posts) -

I gave up when the game decided to wipe all my campaign progress. 

#23 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

nope, i'm still enjoying the game. i hope to get a couple of prestige. i'll probably play it until the next one comes out.

#24 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -
@Jack268 said:
" I never trade in games. It feels like the mp wont last nearly as long as MW2s though, beause theres really no drive to level when you have everything at low lvls(FAMAS, all attachments, all perks). The metagame isn't nearly as grand as MW2's.  Srsly, the cod points system is terrible. There is no point in leveling when you can unlock pretty much everything worthwhile at like lvl 10. "
go play WoW then.  and no you don't unlock everything worthwhile at level 10.  and anyway in scrims and tournys you don't even use perks and crap.
#25 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -

I'm taking a long break from it. 

Partly because of SC2.

#26 Posted by Humanoid (206 posts) -

Considering it. 

#27 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -

Well, I can't trade it in, but I'm not done with the game until I can get a few matches in without any stuttering.

#28 Edited by Briggs713 (217 posts) -

Yeah, its been a little over a week and I'm tired of it now.  It's definitely a solid game, but I'm not as compelled to keep playing as I was with MW2.  MW2 was the first Call of Duty I played and I was on an off multiplayer for the whole year.  I think I'm not as interested because a lot of the people I played MW2 with didn't pick up the game and I'm mostly playing solo.  That's kinda annoying when I'm playing objective based games. 

#29 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11720 posts) -

Nope. With a whole week off school for Thanksgiving, I have nothing but time to play this game.

#30 Posted by Vinny_Says (5706 posts) -

Assassin's creed is interrupting it, just as it did with MW2 last November. I prestiged once already and feel like I've seen it all, maybe I'll try some of the guns I haven't tried before a little later if my friends want to play some CoD Blops.

#31 Posted by Pinworm45 (4088 posts) -

Not yet. I'm at 25 hours on Steam. i'll probably be done by 48.

#32 Posted by gla55jAw (2689 posts) -

Nope. Probably going to play multiplayer for months and months. Having fun with Zombies (Five is an awesome map), and still need to finish the campaign.

#33 Posted by ShinjiEx (625 posts) -

For the best Campaign & Multiplayer in the series

I'm far from done I've only scratch the surface of this master piece

#34 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5423 posts) -

I'm too busy diving out of windows and being awesome at the moment.

#35 Posted by lordbazuco (378 posts) -

it's fun, but I have moved on to Assassin's Creed brotherhood. I have no intention of going back anytime soon. 

#36 Posted by fentonalpha (819 posts) -

So i just borrowed MoH and I'm actually enjoying the Single Player more than Blops right now.

#37 Edited by Tru3_Blu3 (3204 posts) -

I'm still playing it, while Reach collects dust. Bungie has to steel themselves, for they totally lost the capability to make a good game after Halo2.

#38 Posted by mrfizzy (1529 posts) -
@WickedFather said:
" I'm not saying done with it in an angry this is a pile of cack way, just in a "Yeah, I've pretty much seen it all before."  And the trade in price is pretty good.  In Britain C.E.X will give you £33 cash or Argos will give £37 instore vouchers and that's a little bit tempting for a tight-fisted gamer. "
yeah, played through the single player and have been playing the multi but now have AC: Brotherhood and have no intention of returning to BLOPS. it was fun but im just not in the mood for it/iv done it all before. 
#39 Posted by invadernick (260 posts) -

I am, I'm so sick of the lag in the PC version.

#40 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

Never trade games so ya.

#41 Posted by Wuddel (2092 posts) -

A lot of fun, except the checkpoints in Veteran are super hard. I am still not as good in the mulitplayer as I used to be in MW2 (which is still bad), except maybe for maps which favor the usage of shotguns. People are so unprepared for them.

#42 Posted by WickedFather (1733 posts) -
@ShinjiEx said:
" For the best Campaign & Multiplayer in the series I'm far from done I've only scratch the surface of this master piece "
Lol@ur funneyz!!
#43 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

I'm way over it.

Oh wait I never bought it.

Oh wait that's irrelevant.

#44 Posted by fentonalpha (819 posts) -

I am DONE.  2 prestige in 2 weeks.... though if i trade it in now I'm only gonna buy the damned thing again when the first map pack gets released.  Why?  Because I'm fickle.

#45 Posted by Twist3d (58 posts) -

finished it 100% bored of the online maps ect but wouldnt dream of trading it in dont trade anything in never have.

#46 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

no, i'm still playing it. i just prestidged today. i plan on going all the way until the next one comes out.

#47 Posted by fentonalpha (819 posts) -

Ahhhh, just traded it in.  Feels good.  My only regret is having to deal with a patronizing chic at Gamestop.

#48 Posted by zudthespud (3281 posts) -

I traded in MW2 when I had that. I bought it day 1 for £26 at Morrisons, then traded it in 6 months later for £30 off Bad Company 2. Feels good man. 

I never got interested in Black Ops because it doesn't look like anything I haven't played before. If I want a fast paced military shooter CoD 4 is always there. 

#49 Posted by Djeffers03 (2545 posts) -

No way!

#50 Posted by ninjakiller (3405 posts) -

My buddy is.  He uninstalled it 3 days after he got it, called it the worst game of all time, and vowed to never buy another cod game again.  It was pretty funny to watch him play and rant about how bad it was. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.