Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Nov 09, 2010

The seventh installment of the long-running action franchise, Call of Duty: Black Ops puts players into the early era of the Cold War (including the Vietnam War) as a member of the United States black operations unit known as the SOG.

Call of Duty & Future Entries in The Series - Some Thoughts

Heartbreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Heartbreak
    A topic that has possibly been touched on, but I got my own thoughts.

I guess Call of Duty: Black Ops is fun, but I haven't it found it worth the money I paid for it. The only reason I bought it was because everybody in my circle of friends seemed to moving on from Modern Warfare 2 to the new game. As I've played I haven't really found anything that much different mutliplayer wise. This is where the most of the replay value comes in; I kind of got bored of campaign. Black Ops in my opinion doesn't have enough content to justify its premium price tag, and frankly is just a rehash of previous Call of Duty games. I guess its me growing older plus a dash of media awareness that I find what the developers and publishers put out there is just bland. First-person dhooters is a crowded market, and grossly over saturated in sequels with minor improvements or changes. It is quite similar to what goes down in the music game market, every year I've being fed the same Rock Band or Guitar Hero crap and its all bland and tired. I don't think these big name publishers deserve my money until they provide me as the consumer something fresh, original, exciting takes on the genre. Call me a spoiled and tell me to deal with it, but I want to inquire on your thoughts.

Activision robs people of their money every year, and the outstandingly good sales of these games tells them they can put in less effort to make more money. Activision is the winner and I am the loser because I bought Black Ops. But I ask everybody here to ask yourselves some question.

"Are you okay with companies like Activision sell you less at higher prices?"
    "Do you enjoy what you are given?"
    "Will you let Activision have about $60-70 of your money and an additional $30 in DLC content in a yearly basis?"  
    "Do you care?"

I'm here to express my thoughts to you guys and hopefully ignite a spark so that you may question yourself on what you buy. I'm not here to tell you Black Ops is awful/amazing, but to inquire on if you're okay with what you're being sold. Because I think I'm going to stop buying this yearly crap and make a 0.001% change in Activision's profits. Do any of you guys care enough about this to make a difference so companies have to try harder?

Personally I can't throw down $20 (I'm a prepaid card kind of guy) for a small set of maps when I could get stuff like Super Meat Boy for around that price.
    Because 1200 MS for 3 (+1 zombie map in Blops case) is kind of a joke

In the words the great Kanye West, "I mean this shit is, fuckin' ridiculous."

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.