Do you think there could (or will) be a sequel?

#1 Posted by NTM (7516 posts) -

If not, I don't plan on playing it again. When it was released, I beat it on Veteran and haven't played it since, but if I hear about a sequel, I might want to go back into it. I'm not that into the multiplayer aspect of games although I do think it's fun if you're with a friend by your side, so I'm just thinking about the single player aspect. Anyone think there'll be a sequel? Although I wasn't too into Black Ops (telling from the lack of replayability for me.), I'd still like to see a sequel.
#2 Posted by N7 (3658 posts) -

wat

There's a sequel every other year.

#3 Posted by awe_stuck (800 posts) -
@NTM said:
If not, I don't plan on playing it again. When it was released, I beat it on Veteran and haven't played it since, but if I hear about a sequel, I might want to go back into it. I'm not that into the multiplayer aspect of games although I do think it's fun if you're with a friend by your side, so I'm just thinking about the single player aspect. Anyone think there'll be a sequel? Although I wasn't too into Black Ops (telling from the lack of replayability for me.), I'd still like to see a sequel.
We already know the worst CoD game since CoD 3 will have a sequel. Google anyone? look up gayest pc game sequel that no one with a right mind will buy ever
#4 Edited by bartok (2574 posts) -

Isn't Black Ops one of the biggest selling games of all times?  Isn't it published by Activision making sequels to games that make them profits until they stop making money? So I think we all know the the answer is no.  There will never be a sequel to COD: Black Ops. 

#5 Posted by Twitchey (865 posts) -

God I hope not. Modern Warfare needs the sequels.

#6 Posted by NTM (7516 posts) -
@N7
Yeah, but not always following the story. I mean, will be get another game that you play as Mason?
#7 Posted by NTM (7516 posts) -
@bartok
Just in case that's sarcasm, I'm not asking if there will be another Call of Duty from Treyarch, I'm asking if you think we'll see another game that you play as Mason and follows the story of Black Ops.
#8 Posted by N7 (3658 posts) -
@NTM: All we can do is wait and see.
#9 Posted by blueduck (964 posts) -

Is money Green?

#10 Posted by bartok (2574 posts) -
@blueduck:  Depends on the currency.
#11 Posted by natetodamax (19217 posts) -
@awe_stuck said:
@NTM said:
 Google anyone? look up gayest pc game sequel that no one with a right mind will buy ever
Wow, you're funny!
#12 Posted by laserbolts (5342 posts) -
I hope not. Black ops story was super cheesy. I do not want to hear some horrible voice actor yell about numbers ever again.
#13 Posted by Gabriel (4076 posts) -

I wish it would, I had a ton of fun with that single player story and who dosne't want to see Riggs.. uh I mean Frank Woods back?

#14 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

UNLIKELY 

#15 Posted by fillmoejoe (1469 posts) -

I think they left the 1970s alone for a reason.

#16 Posted by Mikemcn (7007 posts) -

Theres no real reason to continue anything from the singleplayer of that game. Plotwise, its all been finished. 

#17 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
@Mikemcn said:
Theres no real reason to continue anything from the singleplayer of that game. Plotwise, its all been finished. 
or is it ?

^ Activision mentality
#18 Posted by katanalauncher (215 posts) -

Will there be? Yes

Would it be good? No
#19 Posted by AnimalFather (800 posts) -

i really liked black ops cant wait for bo2
#20 Posted by Flap_jackson (92 posts) -

Don't know how it could be a direct sequel. The further adventures of Alex Mason, rogue spy and assassin getting into trouble he doesn't even know he's getting into? Reznov: Ghost Killer, and suggester of killings? A Jason Hudson game could be cool though.

#21 Posted by Ocean_H (290 posts) -
@laserbolts said:
I hope not. Black ops story was super cheesy. I do not want to hear some horrible voice actor yell about numbers ever again.
This. So many things wrong with the story it irks me.
#22 Posted by niamahai (1407 posts) -
@laserbolts said:
you're gonna sit there and tell me that Academy Award nominee Ed Harris is a horrible actor?
#23 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4980 posts) -

Black Ops 2: Electric Boogaloo.

#24 Posted by Starfishhunter9 (369 posts) -
@OllyOxenFree said:
Dam I loled. I don't even know what a Boogaloo is. Certain words are just funny.
#25 Posted by Toxin066 (3319 posts) -

4 8 15 16 23 42, and Mason's interpretation on what the numbers mean? Sure, I'll play.

#26 Posted by Vonocourt (2158 posts) -
@Starfishhunter9 said:
@OllyOxenFree said:
Dam I loled. I don't even know what a Boogaloo is. Certain words are just funny.
It's a genre of music that seems to only live on as a part of a tired punchline.
#27 Posted by PerryVandell (2109 posts) -

Sure, why not?

#28 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

I still haven't beat Black Ops campaign. I haven't enjoyed it nearly as much as any of the other ones. It's a pain to drag myself through, and I quickly lose interest and stop playing. The multiplayer keeps me coming back, though mainly because I enjoy playing it with family and friends.

#29 Posted by VierasTalo (909 posts) -
@Flap_jackson said:
  Reznov: Ghost Killer, and suggester of killings?    

Dude

I want this.

#30 Posted by NTM (7516 posts) -
@laserbolts
Agreed. The Black Ops story wasn't good at all.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.