Feature You're Most Excited About

• 57 results
#1 Posted by cwdawg1224 (281 posts) -
  • Wager matches
  • Customizable weapons, red dot sights, etc.
  • Zombie mode; maybe Commie-Zombies or Zombie-Congs
  • Theater mode
  • Single player
  • COD points and buying weapons
  • Something I didn't mention

I'm really psyched about the entire package, but I'm also personally excited about the theater mode. I think every game should have one. 

What do y'all think?
#2 Posted by Mikemcn (7023 posts) -

Hmmmmmm

The buying of weapons/attachments, should do alot to make playing it less of a grind. I spent so much damn time trying to unlock attachments on guns i didnt really like using.

#3 Posted by one_2nd (2333 posts) -

The match replay thing looks cool. 

#4 Posted by warxsnake (2650 posts) -

Just the fact that it still has guns 

Call of duty Stab Ops 

#5 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Theater mode, and wager matches. I'm also liking that Commando is gone.

#6 Posted by T0mF5 (929 posts) -

Ballistic knives and wager matches.

#7 Posted by Sincillian (530 posts) -

Theater mode and the Zombie-Congs or whatever it'll be called. Also I have a question about the COD points. How do u get those and how do they work?

#8 Posted by Stupot (176 posts) -
#9 Posted by cwdawg1224 (281 posts) -
@Sincillian said:

" Theater mode and the Zombie-Congs or whatever it'll be called. Also I have a question about the COD points. How do u get those and how do they work? "

I'm pretty sure you get them just for playing matches. I think of it as the match bonuses you get  at the end of games in MW2.
#10 Posted by ISuperGamerI (1880 posts) -

I'm looking forward to zombie mode and wager matches but what exactly is theater mode?

#11 Posted by Sincillian (530 posts) -
@cwdawg1224 said:
" @Sincillian said:

" Theater mode and the Zombie-Congs or whatever it'll be called. Also I have a question about the COD points. How do u get those and how do they work? "

I'm pretty sure you get them just for playing matches. I think of it as the match bonuses you get  at the end of games in MW2. "
Oh, in that case those sound like a nice feature.   
#12 Posted by Redbullet685 (6090 posts) -
@ISuperGamerI said:
" I'm looking forward to zombie mode and wager matches but what exactly is theater mode? "
Replay mode.
#13 Posted by MrChuckles (50 posts) -

At first I'll enjoy the customization of the player character. 
Then I'll be in love with the wager matches. 
And the theater will be the feature that keeps me in the game for god knows how long.

#14 Edited by Druminator (1687 posts) -
@ISuperGamerI: Pretty much the same theater mode from Halo. Watch/save replays.
@Sincillian:  It's like 10% of the XP you earn in a match.

I'm looking forward to split screen on multiplayer and Combat Training. Finally get to be on the same team with my friend, it's gonna rock!
#15 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@ISuperGamerI said:
" I'm looking forward to zombie mode and wager matches but what exactly is theater mode? "
If you have ever played Halo 3, it's similar to that thing where you can watch replays of your matches.
#16 Posted by Crixaliz (782 posts) -

Attack Dogs!

#17 Posted by fugie7 (1109 posts) -

Wager matches. it seems like a cool feature and something different the just death matches and zombie killing.  

#18 Posted by DrPockets000 (2859 posts) -

Oh God.  Wager matches, buying guns, theater mode...every new announcement gets me more psyched.

#19 Posted by commandercup (497 posts) -

WAGER MATCHES! Holy crap, gambling + shooting = epic

#20 Posted by President_Barackbar (3474 posts) -
@Crixaliz said:
" Attack Dogs! "
If they're gonna be an 11 kill killstreak they better be damn good.
#21 Posted by SythonX7 (134 posts) -

I'd say the offline practise mode. Used to play split-screen with my main man on the previous CoD's so it'd be nice to have a little more players when we do so even if the AI are all dumb asses. Also multiplayer online should be a blast too!

#22 Posted by Consaw (253 posts) -

Theater mode. I also think that "one in the chamber" game mode could be awesome.

#23 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@consaw said:
" Theater mode. I also think that "one in the chamber" game mode could be awesome. "
Yeah, One in the Chamber looks awesome.
#24 Posted by Sparklykiss (1983 posts) -

The basic training tidbit seems pretty cool if you ask me. I've gotten really rusty when it comes to FPS games nowadays considering I kind of stopped playing. 

That, and I want to customize and make my guns pretty, for I am a lame person who wants to write awful jokes all over things.

#25 Posted by MikkaQ (10344 posts) -

Wager matches sound pretty awesome, and I'm really quite excited for gun game in a home console release, that's just awesome. 

#26 Posted by CitizenKane (10508 posts) -

I like the buying of weapons/attachments.  It still gives me the incentive to keep playing and getting better, but it gives me an extra reward in letting me choose what I unlock next.

#27 Posted by Gliz9 (78 posts) -

Buying Guns, Nerfed killstreaks, and commie-zombies.

#28 Posted by Falx (347 posts) -

Dedicated servers. This'll mean community mods are possible and that will mean promod might get made and the cod4 esports community could finally move on to a new game.

#29 Posted by Sanious (793 posts) -

-Wager Mode 
-Kill streaks don't get you more kill streaks. 
-Most Perks that came from MW2 seem like they're toned down for the better. 
-The Maps seem quite a bit smaller than MW2 
-The amount of customization 
-I don't play for PC but it's good to see Dedicated Servers and mod support. 

Probably more I can't think of at the moment. I'm hoping all these work out the way I'm perceiving them to.

#30 Posted by Bass (692 posts) -

commando is gone. stopping power is gone (frees up that middle perkslot a lot.

#31 Posted by SpiralStairs (1007 posts) -

The multi-player in general looks great.

#32 Posted by Goldanas (550 posts) -

I like that I'll be able to get the weapon that I want when I want it instead of having to wade through the leveling system to play with a gun I might enjoy. I'm loving what Treyarch is announcing for this game. 

I wonder what the possibilities are of this game being more well-received than previous titles?

#33 Posted by IcySandman (474 posts) -

Dedicated Servers, Customization of weapons, character, new modes, and with Treyarch Products they seemed to like to add new maps more than IW did. 

Wonder how indepth the customization will be?  If it's just silencer/red dot etc I'll be kinda meh....

#34 Posted by Helimocopter (369 posts) -

wait, is zombies mode confirmed?
those wager modes look awesome, also i believe i saw a quadruple rocket launcher, which will make for some great explosive ffa matches

#35 Posted by jakob187 (21763 posts) -

One in the Chamber looks great.

#36 Posted by stunningsteve (15 posts) -

I like the idea of CoD points, like said before too much time spent using weapons that you hated just so you could level faster to be able to get to weapons that you wanted.  This with the customizable weapons will make creating classes more fun because they will be tailored to you and your play style more.

#37 Edited by jkz (4061 posts) -

The fact that kill-streak kills don't count towards future kill-streaks. Also, the fact that they removed Commando and Stopping Power is a nice little bonus. 

There's more, but those two points are the most important, since they hint towards a recognition of the imbalances in MW2, and an attempt to fix them.

#38 Posted by Jayzz (586 posts) -

Multiplayer looks really promising, seems fresh for a shooter, actually.

Wager matches, crazy gameplay modes like the one that switches weapons (cannot remember what its called.) and the offline bot mode sounds cool as well.

Trade in or ebay your modern warfare 2 as soon as you can before it drops to 20 dollars on ebay! :-P

#39 Posted by zudthespud (3284 posts) -

Zombies were the best thing about WaW, after I'd finished the single player and sunk about 10 hours into the multi player that was all I would ever go back to... saying that it came with 4 maps for free because I had the PC version and they are all into Steam now. I've not been convinced to get it yet, they only just did it with MW2 but I had a higher regard for Activision and I got it on release day at a supermarket for 60% of the RRP...

#40 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -

Definitely Wager Mode.  I just love the concept of gambling in the game like that (unless it turns out that you can buy CoD points with real money) and I love the game modes associated with the wager matches.

#41 Posted by ISuperGamerI (1880 posts) -
@CL60 said:
" @ISuperGamerI said:
If you have ever played Halo 3, it's similar to that thing where you can watch replays of your matches. "
Haha sweet I used that feature a lot in Halo 3 it's even better when you play online with your friends and wanna see how you owned them.
#42 Posted by Peacemaker (1106 posts) -

I'm actually full on excited for Black Ops after seeing the Wager Matches.  I never really played MW2 or WaW so I'm kind of ready for more CoD.  I'd say wager matches are my most anticipated new feature.

#43 Posted by Urmean (599 posts) -

Basically, nearly every feature.

This shootan game, it was made for meeee

#44 Posted by Inf225 (503 posts) -

Not playing Black Ops!

lol jk,

Probably bots, I really suck at multiplayer, maybe this way I can actually have some fun with it.

#45 Posted by vanjamrgan (16 posts) -

One in the chamber. I will play the crap out of that. After seeing the wager match stuff, my interest has spiked considerably.

#46 Edited by ChillyUK7 (278 posts) -

The Tomahawk! really enjoyed using the throwing knife in MW2 so this is the natural progression (I can pretend to be the guy outta Last Of The Mohicans, oww joy). Juging from the trailers the sound is much improved over MW2, guns now seem to crack with each shot and theres a powerful thud to explosions. The video editing is a nice addition, im sure ill spend countless hours making mediocre montages. Wager match looks pretty cool but lets add some sort of real money system and make it interesting, jk :) Dedicated Servers and Mod support make a welcome return. Im not really bothered about the changes to Killstreaks/Perks as I think there's a Barebones playlist which will disable both and expand upon MW2's version e.g.more players etc and this is where I will spend most of my time in Black Ops.

#47 Posted by Curufinwe (1267 posts) -

Dedicated servers.

Funny how they're back after Jeff and Brad repeatedly assured us last year that they were a thing of the past.

#48 Posted by Krummey (198 posts) -

The best thing about this game will be making a Marathon/Scavenger/Sleight of Hand Class...or maybe that'll be the worst.

#49 Posted by TengoJuego (32 posts) -

Probably not a feature, but a change... the removal of Stopping Power. All guns will have the same effectiveness, regardless of whether or not you're using stopping power. I hated having to use stopping power.

#50 Posted by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -
@TengoJuego said:
" Probably not a feature, but a change... the removal of Stopping Power. All guns will have the same effectiveness, regardless of whether or not you're using stopping power. I hated having to use stopping power. "
If anything, SP should have been a death streak. With that said, it astounds me just how many kids feel Juggernaut is a cheap option, but making your gun more powerful with Stopping Power isn't an unfair advantage :/.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.