Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Nov 09, 2010

The seventh installment of the long-running action franchise, Call of Duty: Black Ops puts players into the early era of the Cold War (including the Vietnam War) as a member of the United States black operations unit known as the SOG.

First Map Pack announced, "First Strike".

• 71 results
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#51  Edited By ch13696

Let's see... 4 maps for $15 or an expansion from Bad Company 2 for the same price. 

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By Ramone

How long was it between the release of MW2 and the first map pack? This seems quite long. Also $15, which equals about £10, for a 4 maps is a rip-off. (I won't play the zombie one)

dr_pineapple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By dr_pineapple
    @Darktoad450: Yes but I am going to buy the Bad Company 2 add on for $15. Why? Because it has 5 map, new weapons, vehicles and I believe new modes.
    Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By Subjugation

This is pathetic when you compare it to an entire expansion for BC2 for the same price. GG Treyarch/Activision. 

Edit: Oh, and don't forget they get maps for free.

ClaritySam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By ClaritySam

Stadium at least looks like it has a bit of character, unlike the generally aesthetically bland maps on the disc.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By iam3green

cool $15 is a lot but i will probably get it. i haven't played this game in a while. i think should play it more.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By RsistncE
    @Bass said:
    " @RsistncE: you clearly don't understand that what causes a market failure is people not spending enough money. Technically, spending $15 dollars stimulates the economy.   Anyways, if I'm still playing black ops, I'll definitely be picking this up. The fact that these maps are not rehashes from old CoD games and it comes with a zombie map makes them much more valuable to me than they were for Modern Warfare 2.  "
    Hahaha, you need to learn some real economics my man. Producers (in this case Activision) are breaking into consumer surplus to increase producer surplus but are also creating a dead weight loss in the market as a result. Dead weight loss is one of the predictors of market failure and is usually present in a market where there is monopolistic competition, and oligopoly (or duopoly) or a single monopoly. Like I said, you gotta be straight up retarded to pay $15 for four maps, but I guess that's the problem: most people are fucking stupid as shit, and it's their idiotic behaviour that leads to market collapse.
    Masonvd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#58  Edited By Masonvd
    @dr_pineapple: True, Vietnam is a much better value in that respect. I just wish BC2 could balance games. My last 10 games joined either had my team owning all control points when i joined or the other. Rarely do I find a truly even match of BC2 where the tickets are close the whole match
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @Druminator: wait what? where did you find thes epics
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By TwoOneFive

also its actually 5 NEW MAPS  because it includes a zombie map. which i love to play. 

people bitched when MW2 released 3 new maps plus 2 from COD4 for $15. and that WAS a rip off. but 5 all new maps aint that bad. Considering it'll get a good 10-20 hours out of me (probably way more). i pay $60 for games that take sometimes less than 20 hours to beat and they dont even have online!! 

Also the stadium map sounds really cool. 

Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Druminator
    WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By WickedFather

No Caption Provided
    bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

#63  Edited By bobafettjm
    @RsistncE:  You are so way off base it's not even funny. So I would have to be straight up retarded to pay $15 for something I will enjoy and get many hours of time of game play out of? I fail to see the logic here. Maybe for people who will only play them a couple of times it would be a waste of money, but for me it will not be.
    RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By RsistncE
    @bobafettjm said:
    " @RsistncE:  You are so way off base it's not even funny. So I would have to be straight up retarded to pay $15 for something I will enjoy and get many hours of time of game play out of? I fail to see the logic here. Maybe for people who will only play them a couple of times it would be a waste of money, but for me it will not be. "
    I'm sorry but paying for a good which is actively gouging customers beyond market equilibrium is stupid. You are supporting a competitive monopoly which is just plain bad for any industry. Again, you're looking at it in a simplistic way that doesn't even approach the reality of the situation; the current personal credit crisis that's happening in the US (and around the world) is because of thinking that was eerily similar to yours.
    bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

#65  Edited By bobafettjm
    @RsistncE: Seriously? You do know your talking about a $15 map pack on Xbox Live right? I am not only going to spend my money the way I want, but I am going to spend it on something that I deem a good value. To me they are not gouging, to me I will get more hours of enjoyment for that $15 dollars than anything else. I am giving my money to a developer that makes games that I enjoy, I feel those people who work for said company deserve my money. There are plenty of people who don't feel the value is in it for them, more power to them. I would guarantee you spend money on things that I think gouge, or is not of any value at all. Not to mention I fail to see how there is a monopoly on map packs, because I have purchased them for other games besides Call of Duty as well, and have many other people. Nobody seems to complain that Halo will come out with a 3 map pack with re-releases of older maps and charge $10.
    RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By RsistncE
    @bobafettjm said:
    " @RsistncE: Seriously? You do know your talking about a $15 map pack on Xbox Live right? I am not only going to spend my money the way I want, but I am going to spend it on something that I deem a good value. To me they are not gouging, to me I will get more hours of enjoyment for that $15 dollars than anything else. I am giving my money to a developer that makes games that I enjoy, I feel those people who work for said company deserve my money. There are plenty of people who don't feel the value is in it for them, more power to them. I would guarantee you spend money on things that I think gouge, or is not of any value at all. Not to mention I fail to see how there is a monopoly on map packs, because I have purchased them for other games besides Call of Duty as well, and have many other people. Nobody seems to complain that Halo will come out with a 3 map pack with re-releases of older maps and charge $10. "
    I'm not going to sit here and go through an entire intermediate microecon course with you, so I'll let you believe what you want. The point is you're missing the bigger picture and that is that there is dead weight loss when producers like Activision chip into consumer surplus; in the long run this is very bad for any market (in this case, video games).
    Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#67  Edited By Vinny_Says
    @zombie2011 said:
    " I think i'm done with Black Ops, i didn't like it as much as MW2, also AC: Brotherhood has me hooked i've already spent like 17 hours playing it. "
    you keep saying that friend, but you keep coming back to the Black Ops forum....are you looking for something here?

I avoided the $15 MW2 maps and I'm gonna do the same with this.
    zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By zombie2011
    @blacklabeldomm said:

" @zombie2011 said:

" I think i'm done with Black Ops, i didn't like it as much as MW2, also AC: Brotherhood has me hooked i've already spent like 17 hours playing it. "
    you keep saying that friend, but you keep coming back to the Black Ops forum....are you looking for something here? "
    I just post in threads i see on the front page, and some of them happen to be about Black Ops. So you can piss off.
    Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Vinny_Says
    @zombie2011: Are you supposed to be some kinda internet tough guy? Or do you have that attitude in real life too?
    zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By zombie2011
    @blacklabeldomm: Are you American? Because that would explain the last post you wrote.
    Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Vinny_Says
    @zombie2011: what does that have to do with anything?
    If your best reply to a legitimate question is "piss off" well then I apologize for asking.
    zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By zombie2011
    @blacklabeldomm said:
    " @zombie2011: what does that have to do with anything?
    If your best reply to a legitimate question is "piss off" well then I apologize for asking. "
    What question did you ask me? Are you looking for something here? No, i'm just posting that i'm not buying $15 maps for a game i'm no longer playing. Then for some reason you got all pissy, even though you're doing the same fucking thing i'm doing. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.