Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Nov 09, 2010

The seventh installment of the long-running action franchise, Call of Duty: Black Ops puts players into the early era of the Cold War (including the Vietnam War) as a member of the United States black operations unit known as the SOG.

I was passing GameStop and thought...

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By awesomeusername

What's the point of making Black Ops for the wii and ds? That seems like just a waste of money on developing it. Who else thinks this? I know, people who don't have consoles or pc PROBABLY buy it. But who does buy it? And when do you ever hear about how much it sold? 

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By awesomeusername

I know this belongs under the Black Ops page, but idk how to switch it from general discussion to Black Ops. Help?

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3  Edited By KaosAngel

gir

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By awesomeusername
    @KaosAngel said:
    " gir "
    Yes. I know Gir is awesome, but that's not the topic!
    zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By zeforgotten

Wait, people who don't have consoles or PCs will buy it for the Wii? 
    That is actually pretty stupid considering that they don't have a console. 

But seriously no I don't think it's a dumb idea. 
    They don't give a flying fuck who buys it, it could be you, or little Johnny Sonofawhore who buys it. 
    All they care about is your money, so good on them for trying to get more money like the rest of us are doing.

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By awesomeusername
    @ZeForgotten:
    Yeah. But do you think they spend more money developing the game for wii and ds or make more selling the crap?
    SumDeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By SumDeus

I do think you have a point when it comes to the DS version...who the fuck would buy that?

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By zeforgotten
    @awesomeusername said:
    " Yeah. But do you think they spend more money developing the game for wii and ds or make more selling the crap? "
    Well, considering that they actually outsold Modern Warfare 2 in no time.. like faster than Sonic can run I'm pretty sure that they're gonna earn that money home fast.  
    But it's too early to tell since the game just came out. But the qestion was if I found it stupid, which I didn't. 
    Takes money to earn money. 

Poor people get in the back of the line there's a special bus for you. 
    What? No don't mind the burn marks on the bus. 
    gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

There are still a lot of "core" gamers among Nintendo's fanbase, and this isn't the first time Activision has released a CoD game on the DS and Wii. In fact Gamespot gave the Wii and DS versions of CoD 4 pretty good reviews so the stuff can't be all that bad, and if Activision are releasing CoD on these platforms again I guess that means they sold at least adequately on them last time round. I also alerted the mods about moving this thread to the correct board.

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By DoctorTran

Grandmothers buy it.

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By awesomeusername
    @ZeForgotten: They didn't outsell MW2 yet. They beat MW2's preorder record. I doubt many wii and ds units will be sold so it's just a waste of money.
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By awesomeusername
    @Gamer_152 said:
    " There are still a lot of "core" gamers among Nintendo's fanbase, and this isn't the first time Activision has released a CoD game on the DS and Wii. In fact Gamespot gave the Wii and DS versions of CoD 4 pretty good reviews so the stuff can't be all that bad, and if Activision are releasing CoD on these platforms again I guess that means they sold at least adequately on them last time round. I also alerted the mods about moving this thread to the correct board. "
    Maybe.... And thanks. I know what to do now. :)
    Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @Gamer_152 said:
    " There are still a lot of "core" gamers among Nintendo's fanbase, and this isn't the first time Activision has released a CoD game on the DS and Wii. In fact Gamespot gave the Wii and DS versions of CoD 4 pretty good reviews so the stuff can't be all that bad, and if Activision are releasing CoD on these platforms again I guess that means they sold at least adequately on them last time round. I also alerted the mods about moving this thread to the correct board. "
    zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By zeforgotten
    @awesomeusername said:
    " @ZeForgotten: They didn't outsell MW2 yet. They beat MW2's preorder record. I doubt many wii and ds units will be sold so it's just a waste of money. "
    All the papers we've got says they did.  
    But that might just be activision and treyarch trying to hype this game a lot more than it already is.  
    Generic FPS games that have felt the same since the first game! 
    Not bad games, just nothing new, yet.. 
    crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By crusader8463

The masses that don't know any better buy it. I work with several people whom I found out today own a Wii and over 50 games for it. They are the same kind of people who genuinely get excited for games like that cabela hunting game the guys have been pimping around the site recently.

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By awesomeusername
    @ZeForgotten said:
    " @awesomeusername said:
    " @ZeForgotten: They didn't outsell MW2 yet. They beat MW2's preorder record. I doubt many wii and ds units will be sold so it's just a waste of money. "
    All the papers we've got says they did.  But that might just be activision and treyarch trying to hype this game a lot more than it already is.  Generic FPS games that have felt the same since the first game! Not bad games, just nothing new, yet..  "
    They aren't bad games. I just can't see how people would want to play this on consoles. I guess I'll never know though. 
    zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By zeforgotten
    @awesomeusername said:
    " @ZeForgotten said:
    " @awesomeusername said:
    All the papers we've got says they did.  But that might just be activision and treyarch trying to hype this game a lot more than it already is.  Generic FPS games that have felt the same since the first game! Not bad games, just nothing new, yet..  "
    They aren't bad games. I just can't see how people would want to play this on consoles. I guess I'll never know though.  "
    Nobody will ever know. 
    I also can't see why we haven't gotten past this whole "FPS' needs to be played on PCs with Mouse and a Keyboard" ... 
    No it doesn't works perfectly well on a console "But you guys don't have lean" what kind of a pussy ever uses that for anything? 
    Especially faster paced FPS games online. Are they that retarded that they think a lean is gonna dodge a fucking bullet?
    keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By keyhunter

Poor families that live out in the countryside and raise kids with mullets and purple sweatpants and make them homeschool and go to church all exclusively play the nintendo Wii, and will buy a game once every two years. They always get the Wii port of whatever Call of Duty is out that year. Because they are simple and don't know anything.

CharleyTony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By CharleyTony

that might be how Black Ops was able to beat Modern Warfare 2 at launch. People who love COD will buy the game no matter what. People who hate it won't bother but gamers that have never tried it, they can buy it, after seeing all those ads, having more SKUs will only increase sales.

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By awesomeusername
    @ZeForgotten said:

Nobody will ever know. I also can't see why we haven't gotten past this whole "FPS' needs to be played on PCs with Mouse and a Keyboard" ... No it doesn't works perfectly well on a console "But you guys don't have lean" what kind of a pussy ever uses that for anything? Especially faster paced FPS games online. Are they that retarded that they think a lean is gonna dodge a fucking bullet? "
    Hahaha! I will never play a game on a pc. To me, it looks hard as hell having to press a lot of buttons to do different things. I prefer everything on consoles. Much simpler then having 50 keys, only needing like 15 and needing to look at the keyboard just to play a game. That seems horrible!
    FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By FCKSNAP

Mom only buys Johnny the DS. Johnny wants this CODBLOPS all his friends are talking about. Now he has CODBLOPS on the go.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By zeforgotten
    @awesomeusername said:
    " @ZeForgotten said:

Nobody will ever know. I also can't see why we haven't gotten past this whole "FPS' needs to be played on PCs with Mouse and a Keyboard" ... No it doesn't works perfectly well on a console "But you guys don't have lean" what kind of a pussy ever uses that for anything? Especially faster paced FPS games online. Are they that retarded that they think a lean is gonna dodge a fucking bullet? "
    Hahaha! I will never play a game on a pc. To me, it looks hard as hell having to press a lot of buttons to do different things. I prefer everything on consoles. Much simpler then having 50 keys, only needing like 15 and needing to look at the keyboard just to play a game. That seems horrible! "
    Hah, you should start playing Starcraft 2! That would be the game for you :P 
    Don't worry, you can trust me :P  
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By awesomeusername
    @CharleyTony said:
    "People who hate it won't bother 
    That's where your wrong. People complained about MW2 and still bought it and then went and bought Black Ops when they said they wouldn't buy it.
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By awesomeusername
    @ZeForgotten said:
    " @awesomeusername said:
    " @ZeForgotten said:

Hahaha! I will never play a game on a pc. To me, it looks hard as hell having to press a lot of buttons to do different things. I prefer everything on consoles. Much simpler then having 50 keys, only needing like 15 and needing to look at the keyboard just to play a game. That seems horrible! "
    Hah, you should start playing Starcraft 2! That would be the game for you :P Don't worry, you can trust me :P   "
    I never played a strategy game and I think I'll suck at it, plus, no gaming pc. Only a laptop that's no use for gaming. I want a ps3 already though! I miss my ps3.:'(
    CharleyTony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#25  Edited By CharleyTony
    @awesomeusername said:
    " @CharleyTony said:
    "People who hate it won't bother 
    That's where your wrong. People complained about MW2 and still bought it and then went and bought Black Ops when they said they wouldn't buy it. "
    Well, i'm done with COD personally.  
    I played some COD4 MW, CD WAW & COD MW2, I never had much fun with those games, nothing more than what I could have gotten from a 2 or 3 day rental just to check out the story. I'm not gonna keep spending money on games I don't like.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.