Is anyone else getting a really bad framerate at random?

#1 Posted by natetodamax (19192 posts) -

Recently during certain online matches the framerate drops considerably (playing on Xbox 360). Sometimes, it drops for a few seconds and returns to 60 FPS, but other times it's really bad. I'll probably upload a clip later tonight or tomorrow to show you what I mean, but a few hours ago at the start of a match on Summit the framerate literally dropped so low that I thought the game was broken (20-30 FPS or something crazy like that). And it can't be lag, because nothing is jittering around and there is no Connection Interrupted thing coming up, not to mention that everyone in that match specifically had a four bar connection.  

What gives?

#2 Posted by T0mF5 (928 posts) -

The other day the framerate dropped and wouldn't go back to normal until I turned off my xbox.

#3 Posted by AjayRaz (12424 posts) -

i am too. i thought it was my disc or something. 

#4 Posted by hedfone (1751 posts) -
@AjayRaz said:
" i am too. i thought it was my disc or something.  "
spit on it
#5 Posted by natetodamax (19192 posts) -

Well, I'm glad it isn't just me. Anyone else?

#6 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -

You guys think you have it bad? PC still has constant stuttering.

#7 Posted by Redbullet685 (6036 posts) -

Me and my friends get it, too.

#8 Posted by Kendstorm (39 posts) -

I have had this happen to me also. Its like 5-10 seconds lag-5-10 seconds fine. I thought my xbox was overheating... but i guess the game is just coded badly. PC is alot worse.

#9 Posted by gamb1t (965 posts) -

glad to have the ps3 version. ill get a 1 second drop n its not ever drastically bad. maybe at like one spot.

#10 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2435 posts) -

The lag gets especially bad when your next to a napalm strike. I think my ps3 slows down to like 8 FPS.....

#11 Posted by benpicko (2005 posts) -

I'm playing on the PS3 and it's terrible.

#12 Posted by Potter9156 (941 posts) -

I haven't experienced any lag that bad, but whenever I get near a napalm strike or whatever that air strike is called, the framerate will drop considerably. Pretty funny considering MW2 looked better and had more crap blowing at any given time but the FPS never dropped.

#13 Posted by Kendstorm (39 posts) -
@Potter9156 said:
" I haven't experienced any lag that bad, but whenever I get near a napalm strike or whatever that air strike is called, the framerate will drop considerably. Pretty funny considering MW2 looked better and had more crap blowing at any given time but the FPS never dropped. "
IMO modern warfare 2 was alot more polished. It had ALOT of problems though. Just not technical.
#14 Edited by Ryax (4630 posts) -
@ch13696 said:

" You guys think you have it bad? PC still has constant stuttering. "

they are all just getting a little taste of what we have to go through everyday.  

i guess you could call it platform equality. 
#15 Posted by woodierock (6 posts) -

mine used to do it all the time and then i thought it might be because it was installed to the hard drive. it hasn't done it since i deleted it off the hard drive.

#16 Posted by LLJK_Jasta (292 posts) -
@woodierock said:
" mine used to do it all the time and then i thought it might be because it was installed to the hard drive. it hasn't done it since i deleted it off the hard drive. "
I have mine installed and have had no framerate issues.  However, if I do I will try this.  Thanks.
#17 Posted by Hexogen (766 posts) -

It was fine (besides the occasional choppiness during napalm strikes) until a few days ago. Then seemingly out of nowhere the framerate became so bad the game was unplayable. I'm talking about single digit frames per second. After a few seconds it would correct itself, only to slow down again a second or two after that. Restarting the game by quitting to dashboard seemed to fix it, and it hasn't happened since, but then again I haven't played the game in two days or so.

Between this and the trouble I've been having keeping parties together, the game seems quite buggy. Hopefully they'll iron out all the kinks in the coming weeks.

#18 Posted by Feanor (1387 posts) -

It's weird how half the PC community runs the game fine, while the other half has constant studdering.  Personally the game runs fine for me, and my specs are below the minimum requirements. Same thing goes with the rest of my clan. 

#19 Posted by JokerFrown (307 posts) -

I've gotten it sometimes, but it only occurs for me when someone in the lobby has a single bar connection to the game.  I'm on 360 btw.

#20 Posted by Djeffers03 (2545 posts) -

I often get low frame rates when someone drops a napalm strike but I think that's just some crazy lag. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.