Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Nov 09, 2010

The seventh installment of the long-running action franchise, Call of Duty: Black Ops puts players into the early era of the Cold War (including the Vietnam War) as a member of the United States black operations unit known as the SOG.

Is Black Ops matchmaking the worst ever???

chan05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By chan05

Hi guys, 

after having experienced it so many times now I'm wondering if I'm the only person noticing that the Blacks Ops matchmaking actually seems to be broken. 
    The game repeatedly just puts all the players with prestige ranks in one team and all non prestige ranks (or at least the majority of them) into the other team. Also it seems that it will always just divides the player field into two parts according to their points, meaning that the best half of the previous game will play together in the next game and the worst half will form the other team? why?? And what about team balancing during the game...i mean even Counterstike new how to do that. I know it will join new players to the smaller team but what about swapping some guys over if you're playing 8 against 2?? 

Don't get me wrong i dont hate that game. I love it. But obviously the matchmaking seems to have issues, or am i wrong? I mean there are games that showed how to perform a proper matchmaking (Halo, Counterstrike). What do you think?

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Skytylz

Because they are in a party.  It's been the same for COD games since 4.  BTW, you know what game had Bad/Slow matchmaking?  Gears of War 2 that shit was slow when it came out.   Halo 3 had very good matchmaking, Reach seemed like a step back however.

chan05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By chan05
    @Skytylz: Ok so partys break the whole matchmaking?? somehow i feel that this is wrong...
    Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Skytylz
    @chan05: Why?  If you wanna play with  your friends you should be able to.  Halo is like that too.
    takua108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By takua108
    @chan05: Hasn't Mercenary Team Deathmatch been around since, uh... Call of Duty 4?
    Avatar image for captain_clayman
    captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By captain_clayman
    @Skytylz said:
    " Because they are in a party.  It's been the same for COD games since 4.  BTW, you know what game had Bad/Slow matchmaking?  Gears of War 2 that shit was slow when it came out.   Halo 3 had very good matchmaking, Reach seemed like a step back however. "
    reach feels about the same as 3 to me, which feels good.  idk what the difference is to you
    Crixaliz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Crixaliz
    @chan05: I think parties break any game. I remember playing Halo: Reach and constantly being put against parties, they always destroyed me. Just play the Mercenary playlist, that works out pretty well for me.
    BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By BraveToaster
    @Skytylz said:
    " Because they are in a party.  It's been the same for COD games since 4  
     This and... 

@Skytylz said:
    " @chan05: Why?  If you wanna play with  your friends you should be able to.  Halo is like that too. "
    This.
    chan05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By chan05

yes but there has to be a way to manage both, fair teams and playing with friends...they got to balance it such that large partys will play against eachother and the lone wolves will be put into another game. it just doensn't feel right here. Since beside the party thing, it really will cut the player field in two halfs according to their points. I can't see a reason for that.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Skytylz
    @captain_clayman: It's been slower for me and I like the old ranking system better.
    kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By kishan6

you obviously never played gears 2 wen it first came out

chan05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By chan05
    @kishan6: you're right I actually didn't :D...so bad?
    chan05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By chan05
    @takua108: God that's what i wanted!!!! thanks i actually didn't know that mode exists. Great!
    kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By kishan6
    @chan05: yes haha.  its beter now.  but you would wait about 20 minutes (realistically) to get into a game
    Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By Rockdalf
    @chan05 said:
    " @takua108: God that's what i wanted!!!! thanks i actually didn't know that mode exists. Great! "

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.