Is PC getting fucked over with the prestige edition again?

#1 Posted by crusader8463 (14415 posts) -

I was curious to know if the PC version of this game is getting fucked over like last time and not getting a prestige edition. I tried looking on ebgames.ca but they are notorious for not listing the PC versions of games, and I couldn't find anything googleing around that didn't just link to some news article about the 360.

After the disappointment that was MW 2 I don't have any real interest in the game at this point, but I'm curious to know if they are continuing their tradition of doing this.

#2 Posted by Grilledcheez (3943 posts) -

Pretty sure it's getting fucked

#3 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -

PC gets standard edition only.  I don't see why they would because it wouldn't sell well, especially when the majority of sales will be on Steam seeing as the game is exclusive to it.  Either way the more expensive versions are a ripoff so I'm fine with having only the standard edition.

#4 Posted by Lukeweizer (2614 posts) -
@crusader8463: Lucky PC Gamers, they don't have the possibility of wasting their money of Limited Edition garbage.
#5 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -

Its not a huge deal but its kind of weird that they don't do the same with PC versions.

#6 Posted by crusader8463 (14415 posts) -
@Lukeweizer: I don't understand this mentality. If you don't want it fine, but why be happy that they have taken away your choice to buy it? I have no interest in the silly RC car, but I don't like knowing that should I change my mind the option is not there or that for those that did want to "waste their money" as you put it don't get to.
#7 Edited by Lukeweizer (2614 posts) -
@crusader8463: 
I gave up on limited editions after Arkham Asylum was a waste of $90 when I could've bought the game, brand new, day 1 for $40.

Limited Editions are a waste of time. Most the time they come with toys that are just cheaper to buy from Toys R Us or something. All the included DLC that's ever with special editions will be released separately. They'd be stupid to refuse money from people who didn't get it. All the other crap will just sit around your room and never be used. You're going to be playing the game too much to bother playing with the toys or other junk they throw in there, don't waste the extra money. 

That all being said... I do like to spend money of ridiculous editions. I bought the replica lancer for Gears of War 2 from Amazon. And I would've bought the Prestige edition of MW 2 just to say I was dumb enough... but just couldn't justify it.
#8 Posted by bobafettjm (1407 posts) -

Some people are actual collectors though, so the collectors editions work fine for us.

#9 Posted by RsistncE (4496 posts) -

I didn't realize that not having the ability to purchase some shitty RC car would affect the quality of the game on that platform :S

#10 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -
#11 Posted by REIGN (251 posts) -

So you're saying that you actually wanted to pay $90 for a remote control car?

#12 Posted by crusader8463 (14415 posts) -
@RsistncE said:

" I didn't realize that not having the ability to purchase some shitty RC car would affect the quality of the game on that platform :S "

Who said it did?

@REIGN said:

" So you're saying that you actually wanted to pay $90 for a remote control car? "

I see you didn't read the OP before posting.
#13 Posted by captain_clayman (3319 posts) -
@trophyhunter said:
" well it your fault for using a dead platform. "
trollface.jpg
#14 Posted by REIGN (251 posts) -
@crusader8463 said: 
@REIGN said:

" So you're saying that you actually wanted to pay $90 for a remote control car? "

I see you didn't read the OP before posting. "
I thought you were making a post that actually had a point to it.  I didn't realize that it was just a troll post whining about something trivial. 

I gave you the benefit of the doubt and I guess I shouldn't have done that.
#15 Posted by crusader8463 (14415 posts) -
@REIGN:  I was trolling? I wanted to know if they were doing it this time or not out of morbid curiosity and couldn't find any info on it. I guess that's trolling now?
#16 Posted by REIGN (251 posts) -
@crusader8463: I say trolling because it seems like the only reason you posted the thread is to in some way slam Activision. 

First of all, you say "fucked over" which is pretty strong language, which is a little much when talking about an r/c car video game bundle. 

And secondly, you say "continuing this tradition." I wouldn't call one game (MW2) a tradition. 

In summation- chill out duder, it's just a dumb toy for kids.  Most gamers that would be interested in this are kids, and the vast majority of them play consoles.  Also, PC gamers are pretty likely to buy the game over Steam, so it doesn't make much sense for Activision to offer a PC bundle.
#17 Posted by RsistncE (4496 posts) -
@crusader8463 said:
" @RsistncE said:

" I didn't realize that not having the ability to purchase some shitty RC car would affect the quality of the game on that platform :S "

Who said it did?

@REIGN said:

I see you didn't read the OP before posting. "
"I   was curious to know if the PC version of this game is getting fucked over like last time" 

When you say a version is getting "fucked over" it makes it sound like you're talking about the game...not some crappy pack in.
#18 Posted by Hunkulese (2656 posts) -

I wouldn't really call it being fucked over. PC gamers aren't being enticed to pay way too much money for a cheap toy that may give the purchaser 7 minutes of enjoyment. 

I am guilty of buying "collectors" editions occasionally and I've regretted paying the extra money for every single one. They're just being nice to PC gamers.

#19 Posted by nick69 (625 posts) -

Who honestly cares about these tiered packages for games? 

From everything I've learned about black ops, the pc version is actually getting the proper treatment in needs by treyarch. We get ds support, dev consoles, an sdk somewhere down the line, and plenty of other features a pc game should have. 

#20 Posted by JSUMAN (127 posts) -

collectors are shitheads.  Less packaging/worthless junk = empirically better. 

There, I'm trolling/keeping it real.

#21 Posted by Jangowuzhere (71 posts) -

PC gamers get all of the in game content included in the hardened edition(zombie maps.) The only things we don't get are the physical items from the prestige and hardened editions.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.