Leaked info on black ops huge info!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 143 results
#1 Edited by xnoxiousx (119 posts) -

Loads of things but ill list the best an new ones 

- Zombies mode will return, with four-player co-op, online and locally
- Shotguns and machine pistols will be categorized as primary weapons
- Commando and One Man Army perks have been discontinued
- Kills earned from killstreak rewards will not count towards the player's killstreak
- Vehicles will return to Multiplayer
- Create-a-Class 2.0 will allow players to customize appearance
 - Customized killstreaks return, without tactical nuke 

http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/Call-of-Duty-Series/Black-Ops-Confirmed-Weapons-and-Info/td-p/45999492

#2 Edited by Mikemcn (7023 posts) -

That all sounds...... fucking awesome.

#3 Posted by DoctorWelch (2765 posts) -

Did they also announce the feature of not being completely broken?

#4 Posted by xnoxiousx (119 posts) -
@Mikemcn said:
" That all sounds...... fucking awesome. "
They seemed to fix every thing from mw2 in terms of balance.
#5 Posted by RecSpec (3948 posts) -

Seeing as I play CoD games for the story, NONE of this intrigues me at all.

#6 Posted by xnoxiousx (119 posts) -
@RecSpec said:

" Seeing as I play CoD games for the story, NONE of this intrigues me at all. "

• Enemy AI in Campaign and Co-op is now smarter
#7 Posted by EvolutionX0 (413 posts) -
Wow, that sounds pretty cool. Hopefully they do a demo/beta of the game.
#8 Posted by TheLawnWrangler (1657 posts) -

alright... awesome. that's all pretty good! I like the movement of shotguns and machine pistols to primary!

#9 Posted by Gamer_152 (14113 posts) -

Sounds pretty good.

#10 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

when did COD multiplayer ever have vehicles? :S

#11 Posted by SumDeus (1857 posts) -

Nothing they say or do will make this a good game. I like the appearance customization, but that should have been in CoD4 anyway since Rainbow Six had it at the time.

#12 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" when did COD multiplayer ever have vehicles? :S "
World at War. 

And OH HELL NO they took out Commando...  :(
#13 Posted by Noodlearms (586 posts) -

Every part of me wants me to hate this game since MW2 is such a piece of shit, but god damn it I want it.  

Also, HUUUUUUUUUUGE INFOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!1!!!!

#14 Posted by Peacemaker (1106 posts) -

Seems like these changes are for the better.  I felt that MW2 was too crazy with everything.  Maybe that was the reason I enjoyed the Halo Reach beta so much.  The experience felt more pure.  If the game turns out well I'll be on board.  The single player is looking really cool as well.

#15 Posted by Slurpelve (619 posts) -

Now I really want Black ops! I love Zombies mode in World at war, But I'm just curious about whats going to be new in this zombies mode.

#16 Posted by Grilledcheez (3958 posts) -

Well it sounds good...it also looked like a lot of fun in that video I saw, so I can actually say I'm looking forward to this more than I was looking forward to MW2 when it came out.

#17 Posted by DiscoDuck8k (499 posts) -
@xnoxiousx said:
" @RecSpec said:

"
Please don't do that. All I see is "They're bringing more grenades!"
#18 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

Vehicles? 

#19 Posted by JacDG (2130 posts) -

If it's true (and the game is balanced) man oh man will this be a fun game.
#20 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
World at War.  "
nuh-huh !
#21 Posted by natetodamax (19220 posts) -

Create-A-Class 2.0 has been known for a while now.

#22 Posted by JacDG (2130 posts) -
@Jack268 said:
" Vehicles? 

"
It's probably not on every map, I believe that was the case with World at War? Maybe they'll add a special playlist for maps with vehicles or something? I am worried about it thought, vehicles do not belong in Call of Duty (in my opinion)
#23 Posted by Allprox (566 posts) -

Sounds Good. Shall be buying.

#24 Posted by JacDG (2130 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
World at War.  And OH HELL NO they took out Commando...  :( "
And call of Duty 3, so it was expected, they've been in every Treyarch COD game.
#25 Posted by babblinmule (1262 posts) -
@xnoxiousx said:
" @RecSpec said:

"
Based on my experiences with the CoD Ai, that is not a difficult accomplishment.
#26 Posted by cap123 (2477 posts) -

- Kills earned from killstreak rewards will not count towards the player's killstreak  

this is a good thing.
#27 Posted by Cramsy (1177 posts) -

wow, now I'm interested in Black ops. Balance FINALLY!

#28 Posted by Pessh (2459 posts) -

Lol at everyone thinking it'll be balanced.

#29 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

sounds like a lot of great things in this game. it can also just be hype. i kind of want to preorder it now.

#30 Posted by kmdrkul (3476 posts) -

Customize your appearance? RC cars? Lunging forward fifteen feet with a knife?

This is officially no longer like Call of Duty and more like some lame Halo game.

#31 Posted by CitizenKane (10508 posts) -

Wow, all of that sounds awesome (especially the kills with killstreaks won't add to your killstreak total).  This news has actually got me a lot more interested in the game.

#32 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -
@Pessh said:
" Lol at everyone thinking it'll be balanced. "
Lol at cynicism.
#33 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6311 posts) -

Eh...I don't know if I'm happy with the whole "Killstreak rewards don't add to your number" deal, I think they had that right in MW2. Also, why get rid of the nuke? It'd cut down on boosting but it's still pretty awesome to get one legitimately. Vehicles irritated the shit out of me in World at War, but if they make them easier to destroy it could work. 

#34 Posted by Dylabaloo (1549 posts) -

Prolly get it down the line for those sweet ass zombies.

#35 Posted by natetodamax (19220 posts) -
@Everyones_A_Critic said:
" Eh...I don't know if I'm happy with the whole "Killstreak rewards don't add to your number" deal, I think they had that right in MW2.
Actually that's awesome. It means we won't be getting stupid helicopters or jets (or Black Ops' equivalent of those) every 30 seconds. Killstreaks party ruined MW2 for me.
#36 Edited by ShadowKing7 (753 posts) -
@Everyones_A_Critic said:

" Also, why get rid of the nuke? It'd cut down on boosting but it's still pretty awesome to get one legitimately. "

That's probably the exact reason they'd get rid of the nuke.
#37 Posted by T0mF5 (929 posts) -

All of these changes so far sound perfect.

#38 Posted by Stupot (176 posts) -

Vehicles won't be a problem aslong as they don't add to your killstreaks. As in WaW you could get dogs from simply sitting in a tank and spawn camping. Also being slightly more modern than WaW it should be easier to take vehicles out.

But with killstreaks not building your streaks and with the return of customizable killstreaks there will be alot of camping, possibly more so than MW2. Also from what the trailers have shown the guns still have barely any recoil or idle sway, which is bad seeing as the ACR in MW2 was more acurate than a sniper at long distances. I've also heard that they have removed Stopping Power and included juggernaut which im happy with as you'll die a little slower than MW2 which imo was too fast. So i'm still on the side lines for this one, it has potential to be the best Cod yet but its what the community does with it which ultimately decides its outcome, for example MW2 and OMA noobtubs.

#39 Posted by Bollard (5868 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @Pessh said:
Lol at cynicism. "
Lol at him being right.
#40 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -
@Chavtheworld said:
" @FluxWaveZ said:
" @Pessh said:
Lol at cynicism. "
Lol at him being right. "
How's it like living in the future?
#41 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

Im not buying it for one reason most of the community is 8 and i dont like idiots.

#42 Posted by DoctorOptimist (495 posts) -

Call of Duty: Black Ops = What Modern Warfare 2 should have been
#44 Posted by Agent47CSim2 (1085 posts) -
@babblinmule said:
" @xnoxiousx said:
" @RecSpec said:

"
Based on my experiences with the CoD Ai, that is not a difficult accomplishment. "
You mean not having any AI at all and being completely scripted?
#45 Posted by ViciousReiven (824 posts) -

Man the more I hear about this the more it seems to be turning into the best CoD yet.

#46 Posted by Agent47CSim2 (1085 posts) -
@Stupot said:
" Vehicles won't be a problem aslong as they don't add to your killstreaks. As in WaW you could get dogs from simply sitting in a tank and spawn camping. Also being slightly more modern than WaW it should be easier to take vehicles out.   But with killstreaks not building your streaks and with the return of customizable killstreaks there will be alot of camping, possibly more so than MW2. Also from what the trailers have shown the guns still have barely any recoil or idle sway, which is bad seeing as the ACR in MW2 was more acurate than a sniper at long distances. I've also heard that they have removed Stopping Power and included juggernaut which im happy with as you'll die a little slower than MW2 which imo was too fast. So i'm still on the side lines for this one, it has potential to be the best Cod yet but its what the community does with it which ultimately decides its outcome, for example MW2 and OMA noobtubs. "
Noooo! not Juggernaut.  I hate that perk. 

OT: some of those things may actually make COD balanced.  Now if they can fix 3 year old glitches...
#47 Posted by Jimbo (10004 posts) -

I'm holding out for Medal of Duty Company.

#48 Posted by RecSpec (3948 posts) -
@DiscoDuck8k said:
" @xnoxiousx said:
" @RecSpec said:

"
Please don't do that. All I see is "They're bringing more grenades!" "
Haha, I thought the same thing. 
Now all enemies will have the accuracy of Peyton Manning, with the arm strength of Randy Johnson
#49 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -

Most of the changes have some optimistic tone to it; so this ought to be a bit better than MW2. However I'm not holding my breath just yet; while there's some tweaks here and there they need to iron out the bugs, glitches, exploits and bad map designs that also plagued MW2.

#50 Posted by Kiro (288 posts) -

Treyarch should get Keifer Sutherland to do some voice acting in Black Ops. Having Jack fucking Bauer yelling at you was the best part of the mediocre campaign in World at War

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.