Oh my God GUN GAME

#1 Posted by Monopolized (457 posts) -

Yeah you say that title up there.. you know what that means.. it means AWESOME is what that means that reveal trailer did everything it was supposed to go, it got me wanting to play more Call of Duty.. This new Wager System seems awesome to me and I cannot wait to try it out.

Anyones Thoughts?

#2 Posted by Interfect (980 posts) -

I will not be playing the Wager System at all. I am not nearly a hardcore enough player to get smoked over and over again for literally nothing.

#3 Posted by Monopolized (457 posts) -
@Interfect:  yeah I understand what your saying, I am just pumped that there is actually a reason to play those games instead of it just being ok.. let's got from 1 to 70 over and over.
#4 Posted by Interfect (980 posts) -
@ConfusedSanity:  Wait... Whats the actual reason to play through the multiplayer twice?
#5 Posted by Monopolized (457 posts) -
@Interfect:  Prestige Mode.. and the up side is you lose everything *Thumbs Up*
#6 Posted by Interfect (980 posts) -
@ConfusedSanity: I guess. I never even got to level 70 on any COD game. But I guess prestige mode would be more fun when you get to choose what you unlock.
#7 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -

I heard that CS had gun game or something similar to that. Either way, excited.

#8 Posted by SpiralStairs (1020 posts) -

what does gun game even mean

#9 Posted by MAN_FLANNEL (2462 posts) -
@SpiralStairs said:
" what does gun game even mean "
After every kill your weapon changes.  It's in the trailer on the front page.
#10 Posted by Chuggsy (554 posts) -
@MAN_FLANNEL said:
" @SpiralStairs said:
After every kill your weapon changes.  It's in the trailer on the front page. "
And it's taken straight from CS:S. Not that I care or it's a bad thing, I'm just pointing it out.
#11 Posted by ComradeKritstov (693 posts) -

Is it sad that this kind of made me want Black Ops because of the fond memories I have of gun game?

#12 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -
@ConfusedSanity: if it doesnt work like killzone 2 and have a clan system where teams bet on games, then it will not be as popular as they hoped. 
#13 Posted by blazerx9x (648 posts) -

I still can`t decide whether i`m gonna get LBP2 or this, (sigh), oh well

#14 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -
@blazerx9x said:
" I still can`t decide whether i`m gonna get LBP2 or this, (sigh), oh well "
both?
#15 Posted by blazerx9x (648 posts) -
@TwoOneFive said:
" @blazerx9x said:
" I still can`t decide whether i`m gonna get LBP2 or this, (sigh), oh well "
both? "
Nah, i`m on a budget, also, if I purchase two games at once, it`ll get frustrating for me to play one game longer than the other, yes, I blame my OCD
#16 Posted by Sitoxity (551 posts) -
@Chuggsy:  It was in vanilla Counter-Strike too, I believe. But OH MY GOD it looks FANTASTIC.

I am now as excited for this as I am Halo: Reach.
#17 Posted by Monopolized (457 posts) -
@TwoOneFive:  it's Free For all only there are no clan matches.
#18 Posted by Dantekiller (206 posts) -

im sure its still going to be alot of noob tubein sad sad sad day but that is not going to stop me from buying the game i like the gunplay mode

#19 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -
@ConfusedSanity said:
" @TwoOneFive:  it's Free For all only there are no clan matches. "
so all the wager games are just free for all? 

lame
#20 Posted by Mikemcn (6988 posts) -
@Chuggsy said:
" @MAN_FLANNEL said:
" @SpiralStairs said:
After every kill your weapon changes.  It's in the trailer on the front page. "
And it's taken straight from CS:S. Not that I care or it's a bad thing, I'm just pointing it out. "
Rather, its taken Straight from a CS:S mod, that wasn't part of the original game if im correct.

It should be great though, i was playing CS gungame just today. (It had the mario power up sound every time you increased level, I wish they could include that in Black Ops.) Its a fun concept.
#21 Posted by Blueman (753 posts) -

Nothing that they've shown so far has grabbed me, it just all looks like the same multiplayer i've been playing for three years now. Unless the campaign is amazing, this is going to be the first CoD that i havn't bought.

#22 Posted by Vivek (517 posts) -
@Blueman said:
" Nothing that they've shown so far has grabbed me, it just all looks like the same multiplayer i've been playing for three years now. Unless the campaign is amazing, this is going to be the first CoD that i havn't bought. "
Your missing the fact of the Gun Game here. I lost a lot of hours to Counter Strike before COD was even out, when the Gun Game mode was introduced to that I easily spent more then 50 hours playing it. This is the only thing that has me interested in Black Ops, otherwise im happy dipping back into MW2 Multiplayer when I get board of Battlefield Bad Company 2, and the endless list of games I still have not finished.
#23 Posted by Morris (109 posts) -

Gun game seems like the only Wager Match type ill be playing. I wish there was just deathmatch. But who knows, maybe ill really like the others. One in the chamber seems like it could be a fun break.

#24 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19340 posts) -

All of the Wager Match modes look insanely fun to me.

#25 Posted by huntad (1940 posts) -

Gungame was really fun in Counter-Strike, and I'm sure it'll be fun in Black Ops, but man am I not impressed with wager mode. Considering people get angry at the smallest things already, I see the vast majority of players knowing that they will be losing their money and rage quitting out. It seems like a very frustrating mode.

I told myself I'd be buying the game, but that was primarily for the bots.

#26 Posted by XenoZak (170 posts) -

Ok so people know that its from counter strike, thats my first annoyance dealt with. I mean I just don't want people to think its an amazing original idea.

The only thing thats annoying me about this game now is that they don't say anything about gun game. As in the don't give props to Counter Strike or Valve or the Valve Community or modders. They give props to the call of duty community. Perhaps they don't know about CSS Gungame and the Call of Duty Community told them about it, I dunno. I just think someone should ask them, in an interview, where they got the idea for gungame from and see how they reply.

#27 Posted by Empirepaintball (1393 posts) -

This is going to sell this game to me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.