Online Multiplayer Splitscreen

#1 Posted by ZombieKitty (103 posts) -

anyone use it? Is it actually there? If it is in fact there, does it work well?

#2 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -
@ZombieKitty: i already made a thread for this
#3 Posted by skadbob (230 posts) -

It's there. I haven't had the chance to try it out yet. This article gives a bit more detail on the split-screen multiplayer:  http://www.callofduty.com/intel/407?path=intel/407 

Excerpt: 

Multiplayer Online Split-Screen Support
Let’s get started with what I believe is the most unknown, yet confirmed, aspect to Call of Duty: Black Ops Multiplayer -- the online split-screen support we’ve re-introduced to the franchise! This applies to both the Xbox 360 & PlayStation 3.

The Facts:

• You can connect a 2nd controller and bring a Guest online (i.e. "JD_2020" & "JD_2020(1)").
  • Guests can rank up, earn unlocks, etc -- all Guest progress goes away once signed out.
  • (Xbox 360 only) You can bring a 2nd, Gold Xbox LIVE account online!
  • (Xbox 360 only) Both players with full online accounts can rank-up while playing split-screen, as if on two separate consoles.

#4 Posted by ZombieKitty (103 posts) -

Me and my husband tried it.. it's pretty cool-- the quality obviously goes down a bit, but it's fun-- I wouldn't recommend for smaller screens though.

#5 Posted by Druminator (1676 posts) -

It's great, but it has some flaws, maybe something they can patch. Wish you could use two profiles on PS3 though...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.