Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Nov 09, 2010

The seventh installment of the long-running action franchise, Call of Duty: Black Ops puts players into the early era of the Cold War (including the Vietnam War) as a member of the United States black operations unit known as the SOG.

Possible Interactive Elements For New Blops Map Pack

ohnobruno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By ohnobruno

Dan Bunting said that Treyarch was hoping to add new interactivity (like the doors on Radiation) to the new map pack so I've been trying to think of possible interactive elements they could add and since it wouldn't be any fun to stick to the limits of what they are capable, I'm sure most of my ideas are impossible for them to implement. 

STADIUM 
    A Hockey rink, you say?  Could I please have a map specific melee weapon with the hockey stick?  It would be a one hit klll with a longer range than your knife but it would break after one or two kills.   

And how about a wild Zamboni death machine?  You have a two or three switches that need to be pressed at the same time that unleashes an uncontrollable Zamboni on the rink.  An objective (like the 'B' Domination point) could be placed on the ice and a wild Zamboni randomly zig-ziging across it could that could be a good defense.   

KOWLOON 
    They might be able to do this one.  I remember that scene from the campaign when you get on the roof and the jet liner flies overhead so maybe something like this could happen randomly during matches that would block air support or cut short Hueys and Hinds.  Your hard fought for chopper gunner will be pulled out even before you reach the map because a commerical airliner is coming through.  In contrast, that Hind that is tearing apart you and your dumbass pubbie team mates who don't shoot air support - despite being level 50 and having Ghost Pro - is pulled out before it can do too much damage.    

BERLIN WALL 
    Enough RPGs or LAWs into the Berlin Wall causes it to collapse, killing anyone standing to close.  I know this isn't Battlefield - there are plenty of Forums for you to tell me that - but that would still be neat. 

DISCOVERY 
    I heard they were going to update it to the 60s era, but random caches of WW2 era weapons would be nice.  I would love to get my hands on a PPSh-41; one of the few things that made WaW fun.  You could even have the over-powered MP-40 with Stopping Power.  Only one clip, but enough to remind you of how broken that gun was.

ohnobruno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By ohnobruno

Dan Bunting said that Treyarch was hoping to add new interactivity (like the doors on Radiation) to the new map pack so I've been trying to think of possible interactive elements they could add and since it wouldn't be any fun to stick to the limits of what they are capable, I'm sure most of my ideas are impossible for them to implement. 

STADIUM 
    A Hockey rink, you say?  Could I please have a map specific melee weapon with the hockey stick?  It would be a one hit klll with a longer range than your knife but it would break after one or two kills.   

And how about a wild Zamboni death machine?  You have a two or three switches that need to be pressed at the same time that unleashes an uncontrollable Zamboni on the rink.  An objective (like the 'B' Domination point) could be placed on the ice and a wild Zamboni randomly zig-ziging across it could that could be a good defense.   

KOWLOON 
    They might be able to do this one.  I remember that scene from the campaign when you get on the roof and the jet liner flies overhead so maybe something like this could happen randomly during matches that would block air support or cut short Hueys and Hinds.  Your hard fought for chopper gunner will be pulled out even before you reach the map because a commerical airliner is coming through.  In contrast, that Hind that is tearing apart you and your dumbass pubbie team mates who don't shoot air support - despite being level 50 and having Ghost Pro - is pulled out before it can do too much damage.    

BERLIN WALL 
    Enough RPGs or LAWs into the Berlin Wall causes it to collapse, killing anyone standing to close.  I know this isn't Battlefield - there are plenty of Forums for you to tell me that - but that would still be neat. 

DISCOVERY 
    I heard they were going to update it to the 60s era, but random caches of WW2 era weapons would be nice.  I would love to get my hands on a PPSh-41; one of the few things that made WaW fun.  You could even have the over-powered MP-40 with Stopping Power.  Only one clip, but enough to remind you of how broken that gun was.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Tennmuerti

All of these are highly unlikely.

It's just a map pack for 15 bucks, not new weapon models and animations or reworking of game code for destructible terrain.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Example1013
    @Tennmuerti: I don't remember exactly, but I thought there was some basic destructible terrain in the campaign? Like, I think a wall I was sitting behind got shot out once, or something...
    Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @example1013 said:
    " @Tennmuerti: I don't remember exactly, but I thought there was some basic destructible terrain in the campaign? Like, I think a wall I was sitting behind got shot out once, or something... "
    That's just scripted stuff.
    Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Example1013
    @Tennmuerti: I know it's scripted, but it still happened. They could put it in. I don't see how it's all that different from an exploding barrel, as in a section of the wall is basically treated like a "barrel" or a "box", where you shoot it, then it falls over and disappears.
    Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @example1013: Because it will look bad.
    Or at the very least it would be very hard to do properly in this engine. A barrel is a relatively small object that is also all just one part. It's easy to just make it disappear in the middle of an explosion. (Even the Frostbite engine cheats and masks destruction in smoke) You will notice that once we bet bigger objects like destructible cars (still relatively small compared to a wall) they also simply get replaced by a slightly different static object in the middle of a fiery explosion (plus a bit of amination). A wall would be extremely hard first of all due to it's sheer size since it would have to be one big object and also due to the fact that a wall does not produce a large fiery explosion to mask the object change. (and explosives in CoD series do not produce the large amount of debri and smoke that ones in BF series do for example)

I suppose it is theoretically possible to do if they use small self contained sections of the wall. But 3arc is yet to show anything on that level that is not scripted like in the campaign.
    The amount of work they would need to do to make it happen is what makes me think it would be highly unlikely.
    Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Example1013
    @Tennmuerti: Yeah, I know they'd have to cheese it, and it'd be a lot of work, so it probably won't happen. But if they were dead set on putting it in there, I'm sure we'd end up with some sort of functional thing.

Not going to happen, though. Probably.
    Bass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Bass

most of these dont have a chance at happening. Many changes would simply be unbalancing to the game (hockey stick, MP-40, zamboni, and randombly taking air support out of the sky). The model for the ppsh-41 isn't in the game, and I am doubtful of them making a new one. 

ohnobruno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ohnobruno
    @Bass:
    Your right.  I don't think any of these ideas have a chance of making it into the game; I was just  running a thought experiment for myself - logistics be damned.  I'm sure all we'll get is some sort of gate that opens and closes at Checkpoint Charlie and nothing more ambitious than that.  And that's cool, I know the developers can't just throw any idea they want into a game without breaking it.      
    iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By iam3green

i want another nuke type of place that actually launches a nuke. if anyone remembers in nuketown somebody said that shooting all of the heads off of the manikins gives a special easter egg. me and my friend were all like i hope that it's a nuke. instead it ends up being just music coming out with that theme song. i want another nuke town with actual nukes. 

i like radiation door thing. it's a good way to defend in some games. i say more doors and maybe a random missile launch also :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.