Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Nov 09, 2010

The seventh installment of the long-running action franchise, Call of Duty: Black Ops puts players into the early era of the Cold War (including the Vietnam War) as a member of the United States black operations unit known as the SOG.

Too many gameplay commentaries.

HiraH4x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By HiraH4x

There were a lot of gameplay commentaries in MW2, but I think with the release of Black Ops that number has sky rocketed. I mean, you're getting people on YouTube, posting gameplay with 'commentary' that doesn't even pertain to anything that is related to the game they're playing. I mean given there are some fairly entertaining people who do commentaries, and not all of them are bad. But does this annoy anyone else?  

I made a video kinda related to this, I hope it makes you laugh. 
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhYckxoBWBM

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By BraveToaster

I was expecting more out of this...

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Example1013

Good video. 

The problem is Theater Mode. You don't even have to worry about FRAPSing during a match anymore, because you can just go on a streak, and then go back and record afterwards. And since you can dip into the past 100 games, you don't even have to actually wait for good matches, because you can just put in bulk games and pick out the good matches. 

I actually have a video uploaded myself. It's just an upload of some laggy shit, as a guy and I knifed each other at the same time (so kill-and-die).

FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By FireBurger

It's the twitter/facebook status update syndrome. Everyone now thinks their lives and opinions are fascinating and worth documenting. It's only going to get worse.

Bwast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Bwast
    @FireBurger said:
    " It's the twitter/facebook status update syndrome. Everyone now thinks they're lives and opinions are fascinating and worth documenting. It's only going to get worse. "
    Fascinating.
    FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FireBurger
    @Bwast: I thought so.
    cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By cornbredx

Isn't it Ironic?
    That you'd make a post about too many video commentaries linking to your video commenting on how there are to many video commentaries on gameplay.
    Don't 'cha think?
    Just sayin' haha

As far as annoyance... no. Not really. That'd be like being annoyed at all the want ads in the penny saver. It's there so people use it.
    If you find it annoying just don't watch them. I don't.

Also, I think the fireburger guy above me has it spot on.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SomeJerk
    @FireBurger said:

" It's the twitter/facebook status update syndrome. Everyone now thinks their lives and opinions are fascinating and worth documenting. It's only going to get worse. "

This, effin this. The only Blops video I put on youtube was one where I made an honest to god amazing RC-XD stunt, the video I was close to putting up but decided against was an amazing 19-0 killstreak on Jungle that ended only because the map time ran out, beyond that - nothing, not even my functional and fun John Woo build, tomahawk-streaks, ballistic-knife sniping or HiddenMasters (great youtube channel) like thrilling ghostpro camping sessions.

Meanwhile, people twitter about how many squares of toilet paper they had to use after their last Taco Bell visit, and facebook spam-post about sending waves of prayers to countries devastated by waves of water.
    WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By WickedCestus

Yeah, most of them suck, but I really like the one Husky did as a joke. That one was awesome as hell.

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
    shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By shivermetimbers

People make a living doing this. It's amazing how much power Call of Duty has.

HiraH4x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By HiraH4x
    @shivermetimbers said:
    " People make a living doing this. It's amazing how much power Call of Duty has. "
    That's exactly my point, people are pretty much getting paid for talking, the only thing thats different is that it's over a piece of game footage. 

Maybe annoying isn't the right word, I'm not quite sure how to describe it. I just feel it's wrong to be "content creators" who aren't really even creating content. But, I guess it all comes back to the fact that people watch it. Don't know why, but people do. 
    fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By fjordson

Only one I enjoy is EL PRESADOR. Dude is hilarious.

frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By frankxiv

everybody wanna be starcraft

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By DystopiaX
    @HiraH4x said:
    " @shivermetimbers said:
    " People make a living doing this. It's amazing how much power Call of Duty has. "
    That's exactly my point, people are pretty much getting paid for talking, the only thing thats different is that it's over a piece of game footage.  Maybe annoying isn't the right word, I'm not quite sure how to describe it. I just feel it's wrong to be "content creators" who aren't really even creating content. But, I guess it all comes back to the fact that people watch it. Don't know why, but people do.  "
    Apparently some Starcraft casters on youtube (husky) make 6 figures. It sucks considering that a lot of them don't know shit, they can just talk fast and have pleasant voices. Meanwhile, the actual knowledgable casters are way less successful. I'm sure it's the same with Blops too, with more shit the diamonds are buried.
    Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Three0neFive

Because of the way the game is designed, everybody thinks they're some super special snowflake god of gaming.

Though I think Call of Duty (post-4) is pretty awful - as is the community, though that's to be expected from pretty much every game nowadays - I've gotta give credit where it's due; Infinity Ward are geniuses.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#16  Edited By BeachThunder
    Bennyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By Bennyishere

I like several guys on YouTube who does Black Ops commentaries, but that's because I like them as people and not because of their Black Ops playing. People stop commentating on the actual game itself because it is self explanatory and because it is mostly just "yo so I went with this class because better bullets". When they come out with a new video I treat it as a podcast, or I watch it just to remind myself that Black Ops was a thing. I love it when they do games I haven't seen before or a vlog, but alas they keep doing Black Ops videos because there are apparently people out there that only play online shooters.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By awesomeusername
    @Fjordson said:
    " Only one I enjoy is EL PRESADOR. Dude is hilarious. "
    Hahaha, saw one of his videos and that was hilarious. Campers are now forever known as groundhogs.
    monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#19  Edited By monkeyking1969

There are not too many commentaries if you do not watch them.  If a tree falls in the woods...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.