What do you guys hate about MW2 online the most?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by falserelic (5398 posts) -

I'm just curious to know what do you guys hate about MW2 online the most.

#2 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

Why is this on the Black Ops board?  And I don't really hate anything about MW2 online.
#3 Edited by AjayRaz (12424 posts) -

the spawning. i wish they could (at the least) have spawn protection. it's not cool (but sometimes funny) to get hit by a predator as soon as you spawn.  
that's probably the only thing i hate about MW2 online

#4 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

The balancing, or or lack thereof.

#5 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

Being headshotted across the level.
Noob tubes.
Killstreak spam .
Idiotic teammates against an insanely good team.
 
That happened every day, I quit. ^^

#6 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5211 posts) -

This thread will devolve very quickly.

#7 Posted by falserelic (5398 posts) -
@SethPhotopoulos: I know
#8 Edited by Mikemcn (6968 posts) -
@falserelic said:
" @SethPhotopoulos: I know "

Good. Because here it comes =)
 
@SethPhotopoulos said:

" This thread will devolve very quickly. "

Allow me to begin, the worst part of MW2 online was all the annoying and pretentious gamers talking about the worst parts of MW2 online.
#9 Posted by Tearhead (2159 posts) -

Nube Tubes/Rocket Launchers and danger close. That shit is fucking annoying; sucks the fun right out of any match.

#10 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5211 posts) -
@falserelic said:
" @SethPhotopoulos: I know "
Why'd you make it?
#11 Posted by Rockanomics (1150 posts) -

I haven't played it in a while but there is a real lot to hate, it's really hard to choose. I think the blanket statement of "being killed by random bullshit" pretty much covers it.

#12 Posted by zombie2011 (4972 posts) -
@Mikemcn said:
" @SethPhotopoulos said:
" This thread will devolve very quickly. "
Allow me to begin, the worst part of MW2 online was all the annoying and pretentious gamers talking about the worst parts of MW2 online. "
yep
#13 Posted by falserelic (5398 posts) -
@SethPhotopoulos: To see how many reactions this thread will get.
#14 Posted by Huecomundo21 (47 posts) -

The community

#15 Edited by audiosnag (1604 posts) -
@Mikemcn said:

" @falserelic said:

" @SethPhotopoulos: I know "

Good. Because here it comes =)
 

@SethPhotopoulos

said:

" This thread will devolve very quickly. "

Allow me to begin, the worst part of MW2 online was all the annoying and pretentious gamers talking about the worst parts of MW2 online. "
I'll totally agree that the MW2 bashing gets a little tiresome but dude pretension has nothing to do with it. That game is straight out busted.
#16 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2712 posts) -

Everything. 
#17 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5211 posts) -
@falserelic said:
" @SethPhotopoulos: To see how many reactions this thread will get. "
In that case I flagged this thread.
#18 Posted by Warfare (1633 posts) -

Nothing.  

#19 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

Shit talkers, And people trying to be assholes in general.

#20 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -

Can someone fill me in on what a noob tube is or killstreak spam

#21 Posted by MaGnUmKiLLa (46 posts) -
@SethPhotopoulos said:
" @falserelic said:
" @SethPhotopoulos: To see how many reactions this thread will get. "
In that case I flagged this thread. "
Are you a mod, or is your life really that devoid of meaning? Of course he started the thread to see how many reactions he'd get, isn't that why you say anything ever? Of course this thread was going to devolve quickly, it's on the gorram internet >_<. Shut up, just shut up and leave this thread alone. The fiery flame of hate will burn it out soon enough anyways.
 
And, for the record, what I hated about this game was how accurate every game was. I could use any gun in this game and kill you from 3 football fields away. It completely takes the point out of the sniper rifle and, it encourages camping on a whole new level.
#22 Posted by ThePickle (4160 posts) -

The matchmaking. 

#23 Edited by ColinWright (741 posts) -

I like MW2's multiplayer. The Singleplayer though...

#24 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5211 posts) -
@MaGnUmKiLLa said:
" @SethPhotopoulos said:
" @falserelic said:
" @SethPhotopoulos: To see how many reactions this thread will get. "
In that case I flagged this thread. "
Are you a mod, or is your life really that devoid of meaning? Of course he started the thread to see how many reactions he'd get, isn't that why you say anything ever? Of course this thread was going to devolve quickly, it's on the gorram internet >_<. Shut up, just shut up and leave this thread alone. The fiery flame of hate will burn it out soon enough anyways.  And, for the record, what I hated about this game was how accurate every game was. I could use any gun in this game and kill you from 3 football fields away. It completely takes the point out of the sniper rifle and, it encourages camping on a whole new level. "
I say three one line sentences to a guy who has posted stuff before that wasn't flame bait and you single me out and tell me to shut up?
#25 Posted by audiosnag (1604 posts) -
@ch13696 said:
" Can someone fill me in on what a noob tube is or killstreak spam "
Noob tubes are any sorta launcher, the grenade attachments etc. If somebody's using scavenger or OMA they can keep resupplying grenades or rockets indefinitely. 
The killstreams are pretty overpowered an you can almost chain them together if you have the right combo.
#26 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -
@audiosnag said:
" @ch13696 said:
" Can someone fill me in on what a noob tube is or killstreak spam "
Noob tubes are any sorta launcher, the grenade attachments etc. If somebody's using scavenger or OMA they can keep resupplying grenades or rockets indefinitely.  The killstreams are pretty overpowered an you can almost chain them together if you have the right combo. "
Sooooooo... pretty much theres ways to constantly win matches. How come they're not fixed?
#27 Posted by audiosnag (1604 posts) -
@ch13696 said:
" @audiosnag said:
" @ch13696 said:
" Can someone fill me in on what a noob tube is or killstreak spam "
Noob tubes are any sorta launcher, the grenade attachments etc. If somebody's using scavenger or OMA they can keep resupplying grenades or rockets indefinitely.  The killstreams are pretty overpowered an you can almost chain them together if you have the right combo. "
Sooooooo... pretty much theres ways to constantly win matches. How come they're not fixed? "
I figure with IW imploding there probably wasn't the focus on fixing the issues. They did patch a few of the bigger bugs early on but that didn't help the imbalance or people abusing the mechanics. Now that Black Ops is almost out i don't think they care that much about the state of that game.
#28 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5254 posts) -

When the insanely good team starts racking up killstreaks. At that point I just sit back and watch it all burn.

#29 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -
@audiosnag said:
" @ch13696 said:
" @audiosnag said:
" @ch13696 said:
" Can someone fill me in on what a noob tube is or killstreak spam "
Noob tubes are any sorta launcher, the grenade attachments etc. If somebody's using scavenger or OMA they can keep resupplying grenades or rockets indefinitely.  The killstreams are pretty overpowered an you can almost chain them together if you have the right combo. "
Sooooooo... pretty much theres ways to constantly win matches. How come they're not fixed? "
I figure with IW imploding there probably wasn't the focus on fixing the issues. They did patch a few of the bigger bugs early on but that didn't help the imbalance or people abusing the mechanics. Now that Black Ops is almost out i don't think they care that much about the state of that game. "
What happened to supporting older game like Blizzard and Valve does. There are people still playing them.
#30 Posted by audiosnag (1604 posts) -
@ch13696 said:
" @audiosnag said:
" @ch13696 said:
" @audiosnag said:
" @ch13696 said:
" Can someone fill me in on what a noob tube is or killstreak spam "
Noob tubes are any sorta launcher, the grenade attachments etc. If somebody's using scavenger or OMA they can keep resupplying grenades or rockets indefinitely.  The killstreams are pretty overpowered an you can almost chain them together if you have the right combo. "
Sooooooo... pretty much theres ways to constantly win matches. How come they're not fixed? "
I figure with IW imploding there probably wasn't the focus on fixing the issues. They did patch a few of the bigger bugs early on but that didn't help the imbalance or people abusing the mechanics. Now that Black Ops is almost out i don't think they care that much about the state of that game. "
What happened to supporting older game like Blizzard and Valve does. There are people still playing them. "
I dunno, would be nice if more companies put in the work like those guys do. I think Black Ops is probably gonna have a lot better post game support. I'm hoping anyway.
#31 Posted by Chubbaluphigous (571 posts) -

Treyarch supported the hell out of World at War.I am betting on them doing the same for BO.  The constant glitches and hacks turned me off of MW2.  IW did a piss poor job patching them.  I couldn't believe that they would release a game filled with so many holes, and then only make a feigned effort to fix them in the beginning.  

#32 Posted by falserelic (5398 posts) -
@SethPhotopoulos:  LOL!! wow man you need to chill its not that serious.
#33 Posted by withateethuh (726 posts) -
@Chubbaluphigous said:
" Treyarch supported the hell out of World at War.I am betting on them doing the same for BO.  The constant glitches and hacks turned me off of MW2.  IW did a piss poor job patching them.  I couldn't believe that they would release a game filled with so many holes, and then only make a feigned effort to fix them in the beginning.   "
It didn't have that many holes, it just had a few holes that just happened to be ridiculously deep.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.