Will you trade in MW2 for CoD:BO? or is MW2 worth keeping?

#1 Posted by ComradeKhan (686 posts) -

Will you sell Modern Warfare 2 when Black Ops comes out? Or will  you keep both?... I don't think that Black Ops will make MW2 obsolete necessarily, but I do think that MW2 is going be partially eclipsed by the release of Black Ops... The reason I ask is because there are so many games coming out that I want and not enough money to go around, so I've been contemplating selling MW2 to get some cash for Black Ops... Since I can't make  a decision I'm turning to the GB community for advice - whats your opinion? Will you keep MW2 or sell it?

#2 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -

I sold MW2 a long while ago so I'm not doing any of that to get Black Ops.

#3 Posted by foggel (2764 posts) -

Black Ops is made by Treyarch, and they haven't won my trust just yet. I'm keeping MW2 incase this turns out to be a trainwreck. Just like I kept MW when WaW came out.

#4 Posted by Cegoraph (146 posts) -

Til this day, it still puzzles me why I still maintain my copy of Call of Campers: Modern Brokefare 2, when I haven't touched it since 7 days after it's release. I'm probably going to trade it int for Black Ops, considering Black Ops looks to be what Modern Warfare 2 should have been in the first place.

#5 Edited by CL60 (16906 posts) -

I would, but MW2 was a gift from my brother. And I don't really like selling gifts. 

@foggel said:

" Black Ops is made by Treyarch, and they haven't won my trust just yet. I'm keeping MW2 incase this turns out to be a trainwreck. Just like I kept MW when WaW came out. "
But MW2 was a trainwreck.
#6 Posted by zombie2011 (5048 posts) -

I don't trade games. 

#7 Posted by DukeTogo (1504 posts) -

I traded in MW2 for this.

#8 Posted by MannyMAR (521 posts) -

I'm keeping MW2, but I have a good feeling that Black Ops will be the better game in all aspects.

#9 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5401 posts) -

I'm really tired of MW2 hate.

#10 Posted by zegolf (224 posts) -

Traded my copy of MW2, not because it was a bad game (I actually enjoyed the hell out of it) but because I got sick of the griefers and cheaters in the MP.  The single player was great while it lasted, and we had a lot of fun in the MP, but I just got tired of people exploiting the game.  I'm thinking about getting Black Ops, but worry that the same thing will happen.

#11 Posted by withateethuh (726 posts) -
@SethPhotopoulos: Yeah, I only got burnt out on the game after playing it for months, and I have never put so many hours into any other multiplayer games. The haters are obnoxious, vocal minority though, since a lot of people still play the game.
#12 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5818 posts) -

I liked MW2 and I don't like getting $15 for a game I paid $60 to buy.

so no.

#13 Posted by Skytylz (4039 posts) -

Already traded it in on my Wii.

#14 Posted by damnboyadvance (4061 posts) -

I don't get why people would buy a high profile, $60 game, and then just trade it in for around $30.

#15 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -
@damnboyadvance said:
" I don't get why people would buy a high profile, $60 game, and then just trade it in for around $30. "
Huh?  Why not?  Maybe because they're done playing it and they want the money to be used for something else?
#16 Posted by Shadow (4988 posts) -

Fuck no.  I'm not getting Black Ops, and I'm going to keep playing Modern Warfare 2 until a better military shooter surfaces (which none has)

#17 Posted by Rockdalf (1293 posts) -
@damnboyadvance said:
" I don't get why people would buy a high profile, $60 game, and then just trade it in for around $30. "
Cause the game was shit I'd never play again and 45 dollars is easier to eat than 60.
#18 Posted by reptilia_kun (103 posts) -

does anyone know if there's goin to be a modern warfare 3? if not then i'll sell mw2

#19 Posted by Djeffers03 (2545 posts) -

MW2 is worth snapping.

#20 Edited by DeShawn2ks (1058 posts) -
@ComradeKhan: Naw man, I am going to trade in my copy of MW2 for AC: Brotherhood. I am done with military shooters for a while now.
#21 Posted by krystians (409 posts) -

I got rid of MW2 a while back and got Forza 3. I will not be getting BO. Thinking of getting Dragon Age instead or another game well worth it.

#22 Posted by MetalMoog (908 posts) -
@Djeffers03 said:
" MW2 is worth snapping. "
I actually did snap my 360 copy after it made me snap.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.