Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Nov 09, 2010

The seventh installment of the long-running action franchise, Call of Duty: Black Ops puts players into the early era of the Cold War (including the Vietnam War) as a member of the United States black operations unit known as the SOG.

Your thoughts on...

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By awesomeusername

Call of Duty:Black Ops. Also, READ THIS WHOLE DAMN THING! With all the trailers, the only thing that will interest me is the wager mode. When I first got World at War, I loved the zombie mode. Then it just got meh. With Black Ops having zombies again, I really don't care now. Plus, the multiplayer looks the same as MW2. All those bonuses for "long shots" and "double kill" just makes me feel like it's MW2 all over again. If anything, I will borrow this from my friend because I love me some trophies and give it back once I can get as many trophies as I can. Also, I don't buy Activision anymore, but that's beside the point. What do you think of it? Are you buying it? What will you play it for? Do you think this is MW2, just in the past? Do you wish it could've just stayed like World at War instead of all these killstreaks, tags, perk upgrades and all that stuff? WHAT DO YOU THINK DAMNIT!? 

Also, don't start arguing with me because of anything I said because I'm just going to ignore you and if you don't have anything to say about the topic, just don't reply. Thank you. Now let me see your answers!

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2  Edited By KaosAngel

Not buying, tired from the FPS craze and GT5 is out the week before this so I'll be driving. 

Just lost faith in COD.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By awesomeusername
    @KaosAngel: I love you... in a brotherly way. Lmao.
    s7evn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By s7evn

Meh, if the competitive pc community moves on from cod 4 I might get it. I'll probably end up with it after the holidays anyways though.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
    See my post here: 
    http://www.giantbomb.com/call-of-duty-black-ops/61-26423/evidence-that-this-game-will-be-significantly-better-than-mw2/35-448087/?page=2 

@awesomeusername said:

" Plus, the multiplayer looks the same as MW2. All those bonuses for "long shots" and "double kill" just makes me feel like it's MW2 all over again. Do you wish it could've just stayed like World at War instead of all these killstreaks, tags, perk upgrades and all that stuff?"

You are aware that there will be barebones playlists that either limit killstreaks to 3, 5, 7 or remove both killstreaks and perks entirely, aren't you?
    bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#6  Edited By bed

i'm really excited. i don't care if it's "the same thing" as last year, the formula is still solid and the new additions are well worth my money. 

mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By mano521

the only problem i had with mw2 multiplayer was the fact that some guns could be made over powered due to stopping power. i am glad they got rid of that and juggernaught-esc perks.  also happy to see commando is gone, being killed by a person who warped across the map annoyed the hell out of me. it looks as if they really worked on balancing everything out.   anyways theres nothing wrong with getting some notifications that you got a nice shot or killed two people quickly. i like getting notified about that kinda stuff

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.