Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Ghosts

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Nov 15, 2013

The tenth installment of the long-running shooter franchise introduces a brand new storyline, where the United States is under threat from a coalition of South American nations, and must employ a special group of operatives known as "Ghosts" to survive.

COD Ghosts PC specs: (x64 OS, 6GB RAM 50GB)

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

And another game that needs at least 6GB of ram.

Minimum

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8200 2.66 GHZ / AMD Phenom X3 8750 2.4 GHZ or better

RAM: 6 GB RAM

HDD: 50 GB HD space

Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti/ ATI Radeon HD 5870 or better

Sound: DirectX Compatible Sound Card

DirectX: 11

Internet: Broadband connection and service required for Multiplayer Connectivity. Internet connection required for activation.

Recommended: Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780

http://www.geforce.com/games-applications/pc-games/call-of-duty-ghosts/system-requirements

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

In other news, people continue to act surprised that system requirements have increased for Next Gen cross platform titles. More at 11.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@korwin said:

In other news, people continue to act surprised that system requirements have increased for Next Gen cross platform titles. More at 11.

to be fair: We went from this:

CPU: Intel Core2 Duo E8200 2.66 GHz or AMD Phenom X3 8750 2.4 GHz

Memory: 2GB for 32-bit OS or 4GB for 64-bit OS

Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 8800GT 512 MB

Hard Drive: 16 GB HD space

To this. The Jump is really really high.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji said:

@korwin said:

to be fair: We went from this:

CPU: Intel Core2 Duo E8200 2.66 GHz or AMD Phenom X3 8750 2.4 GHz

Memory: 2GB for 32-bit OS or 4GB for 64-bit OS

Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 8800GT 512 MB

Hard Drive: 16 GB HD space

To this. The Jump is really really high.

That's what happens when your lowest common denominator has been around for 8 years, when everything moves up it moves up hard.

That being said everyone is coming off better this time. When the 360 launched it was just as beefy as a full high end PC at the time if not better, this time the PS4 and XBO aren't on the same level technically as a good PC so most people who have bought in the last 2 years and have a current video card should be doing just fine.

Optix12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So this will come as two dvds then I will assume. Looks like the days of multiple install disks are back again until blu-ray becomes standardised

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@optix12 said:

So this will come as two dvds then I will assume. Looks like the days of multiple install disks are back again until blu-ray becomes standardised

I doubt that people will even buy a retail PC game anymore. I haven't done so for like 3 years.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Pie

This is still coming to current gen consoles. Those min specs are way way way higher than those consoles. Are they making two different games and it's the next gen one that's being released on pc? Am I dumb?

Optix12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji: If its cheaper on launch day which has been the case for a lot of games I do. I have yet to get saints row 4 because there are only digital copies of that game for PC in the UK and the only outlets selling it are still selling it at full rrp of £40 which is rare to begin with for a pc game. Disc based copies of the game (ps3/360) have dropped to around 25 in sales a few weeks back already. I would happily take my discs if im going to save quite a bit in the process (not to mention I would still rather install a game from disc)

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pie said:

This is still coming to current gen consoles. Those min specs are way way way higher than those consoles. Are they making two different games and it's the next gen one that's being released on pc? Am I dumb?

They probably aren't including the 360/PS3 level assets in the PC version. The PC/PS4/XBO flavor would be the releases sharing a common set of assets.

Mystyr_E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

User Lists: 4

50 gigs? jesus christ!

that new fish AI apparently is really resource demanding

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Andorski

Love that we are finally making x64 the standard. A bit confused about the GTX 780 being the recommended GPU though. Nothing about that game's graphics screams 'intensive'.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By korwin

@andorski said:

Love that we are finally making x64 the standard. A bit confused about the GTX 780 being the recommended GPU though. Nothing about that game's graphics screams 'intensive'.

They've probably thrown in TXAA which is generally brutal on performance, completely dumb though since most of the time it looks like garbage.

Edit: Just checked and yeah, TXAA and PhysX.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Skylanders: Swap Force is gonna be 50 GB install. I'm calling it.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By Sooty

6GB RAM for something that doesn't look better than BF3? Nor have anywhere near the same sense of scale?

hahano

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sooty said:

6GB RAM for something that doesn't look better than BF3? Nor have anywhere near the same sense of scale?

hahano

Depends on how you cache your level assets, they're probably just loading more stuff into memory.

Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

50 GB for maybe a 4 hour long campaign?

But seriously, the amount of space games take up these days is out of control. It really gets my goat.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Another 50 GB game? Geez.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's tough to judge having only seen video of it but Ghosts doesn't look like it needs a 550ti. At all.

Sander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By Sander

@optix12 said:

This is 50GB, doesn't a DVD only hold 8 or 9GB?

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sander said:

@optix12 said:

This is 50GB, doesn't a DVD only hold 8 or 9GB?

A little over 9, that being said that's raw data. With compression it will probably fit on 2 just fine.

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A large part of "next gen" titles is texture sizes going 4x their previous size. A 1024x1024(x3) weapon texture set would see a jump to 4096x4096(x3) for next gen. Do that across the board for stuff like the skybox, environment art, characters and so on; you end up with a huge difference that mostly affects vram, fill rate and of course, hard drive space.

And that's just considering textures.

MC_Hify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope I can cancel my pre-order on Steam.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The praise for PC from the crew seems more and more missplaced regarding their ability to play next gen games. Between this and watch dogs you'll need to drop twice the price of a PS4 on PC parts to get the high settings. And don't forget, if last gen is any indication, graphics will get better on consoles over the next 3-4 years because of optimization requiring better PCs to run the games.

Avatar image for positivelypudding
    positivelypudding

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@korwin said:

Some of the comments across the several forums I frequent have been pretty baffling for sure. It's almost as if no one remembers the outrage that surrounded the original Crysis due to it's high requirements (at the time). Hardware advancements for PC titles always happen at or around new console releases.

I will admit that it's a little surprising seeing these kind of requirements coming from a COD title, but at the same time it hopefully means that at least some of these specs start becoming the norm. And much like Crysis this all will eventually blow over and people will move on until the next big "thing" comes along to cause an uproar.

Slaegar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Many of those hard drive requirements are really over inflated. Bioshock Infinite says 30GBs and only uses 17GBs. RAM requirements are also silly since they seem to account for you running a bunch of crap in the background. A lot of games use less than a gigabyte of RAM and almost all of them use less than two even if they require 64bit bits and bobs.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slaegar said:

Many of those hard drive requirements are really over inflated. Bioshock Infinite says 30GBs and only uses 17GBs. RAM requirements are also silly since they seem to account for you running a bunch of crap in the background. A lot of games use less than a gigabyte of RAM and almost all of them use less than two even if they require 64bit bits and bobs.

Applying last gen cross platform standards to next gen cross platform titles isn't going to help. The BF4 beta will happily chew on 4-5gb's of RAM all by itself.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Nekroskop

6GB RAM? I thought this game was about dogs.

FMinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By FMinus

The mimimum and recommended GPU part is clear nvidia marketing, so we can already cross that from the list.

A Radeon HD5870 will drive circles around a GTX550Ti and then kill it mid-air. The HD 5870 was going head to head with the GTX 660, so really I don't know what this bullshit is. Someone probably mistyped that and they ment the HD 5770, which is still a tad better comparing it to 550Ti but in the same category. So I think anyone with a card 5770 or above will run the game just fine.

As for the GTX 780 recommendation... no words, so much marketing in that one.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#29  Edited By tourgen

Guys, this is next gen. This shouldn't be a surprise.

64bit OS & 8GB of RAM is going to be the baseline.

Quad core Intel will probably end up the new CPU baseline.

All the assets are higher resolution so the installs are going to get pretty big - 20-50GB sounds like what we can expect.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Piece of cake.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it actually a 64-bit binary they are distributing? Otherwise that is a meh requirement.

Rick_Fingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hahaha what on earth does CoD need a system like that for? It looks like a current gen game, and not a pretty one

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

50 Gb's? Please just fuck right off. I thought Max Payne being 35GB's was overkill...

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unoptimized? Or will it run and look really amazing on PC?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.