Extinction gamemode got leaked.

#1 Edited by Krullban (1021 posts) -
#2 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1631 posts) -

If this is a thing, could they just release that part? I'd really like to try this out. Eh, I'll probably end up getting ghosts eventually anyway...

#3 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

We XCOM now!

#4 Posted by Andorski (5173 posts) -

So zombie mode but with fictional dinosaurs? This would be the first thing to interest me in a CoD game in a long time.

#5 Posted by spraynardtatum (2523 posts) -

what an adorable creature.

#6 Edited by RonGalaxy (2834 posts) -

Why would they withhold this for so long? Release is a week and a half away on current gen (unless the mode isnt on current gen?)

#7 Posted by MikeFerrari7 (175 posts) -

Something different, kudos to them.

#8 Posted by Darson (439 posts) -

Jesus Christ.

#9 Posted by Dalai (6978 posts) -

Can I still play as the dog in Extinction mode? If so, this would be the first Call of Duty game I'll ever buy.

#10 Posted by pyrodactyl (1855 posts) -

Is that the singleplayer twist? Mutants/aliens?

#11 Posted by SpaceInsomniac (3532 posts) -

Aliens AND Call of Duty? That doesn't look like something I would be interested in at all.

At this point, please note the alien in my avatar, which was made using the emblem editor from Call of Duty: Black Ops.

#12 Posted by e30bmw (356 posts) -

That actually looks pretty interesting. Haven't gone deep one a COD game in years, maybe this will be the year if I get myself a PS4.

#13 Posted by ottoman673 (468 posts) -

Holy shit, this actually looks kind of cool.

#14 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10340 posts) -

If this was the direction the campaign was going in, then I would be all for it!

But as a multiplayer mode? Eh, not interested. At least they're trying something different.

#15 Edited by Quarters (1623 posts) -

Yeah, I can totally get into this. Seems more interesting than Zombies.

#16 Posted by MightyDuck (1490 posts) -

I'd be open to giving this a shot as well. I really enjoyed MW1, 2, and the first Black Ops. I'm hoping this is something I can get into.

#17 Posted by Sackmanjones (4650 posts) -

Just when I thought I was out.....

#18 Posted by Funkydupe (3305 posts) -

I want to fight aliens, but only if the aliens are controlled by small children. I think this game will be able to deliver that experience consistently.

#19 Edited by jimmyfenix (3806 posts) -

Very interesting !

#20 Edited by MentalDisruption (1618 posts) -

If they would make this part of the main game I would be all in on Call of Duty again. I'm up for playing as the military against an alien/mutant force. Not so much all in on playing as the military vs another military again.

#21 Posted by Funkydupe (3305 posts) -

Space Marines assemble!

#22 Posted by Levio (1782 posts) -

I just hope there are enough dogs in this mode.

#23 Posted by Krullban (1021 posts) -

#24 Posted by Live2bRighteous (313 posts) -

@krullban: In the end, it's just another horde mode.

#26 Posted by Vuud (1943 posts) -

Does anyone remember Arctic Combat? Shortly before it died they had a horde mode with aliens, I think it was called Infestation.

It's just funny that I think Call of Duty is ripping off a Call of Duty ripoff.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.