Ghosts' Prestige Edition worth the $200?

#1 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4233 posts) -

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EEMLJGO?pf_rd_p=1597090062&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-2&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=468642&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=3E3F5DAD32D54353B949

Amazon has the listing where both Hardened and Prestige Editions come with the usual fixins': The soundtrack, in-game insignia, player wallpaper, steelbook, season pass, and a 9-foot physical tactical paracord.

But the Prestige Edition comes with: 1080p HD Tactical Camera: Film, edit, and share custom made videos with a mountable 1080p HD Tactical Camera, modeled from actual in-game equipment.

So I guess it comes with a cheapo GoPro. It seems a little better than a RC Car, or night-vision goggles. Thoughts?

#2 Posted by LiquidPrince (16003 posts) -

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say no.

#3 Posted by Athadam (697 posts) -

Absolutely not. That camera is trash - if you want something like a GoPro but for cheaper, there are other choices. This camera most likely adds tons to the cost of the prestige edition, but not because of the expense in making it - but probably because of the COD branding.

#4 Posted by believer258 (11984 posts) -

I guess that camera's more useful than most other dumb stuff that comes with special editions, but I'm still gonna say no 'cause $200 can buy a lot of good stuff.

#5 Posted by shivermetimbers (780 posts) -

No....Just no.

#6 Posted by StrainedEyes (1326 posts) -

I feel like they always pump up the "quality" of their pack-in items and they always end up disappointing... so no, I don't think so.

I wonder how many of the people that buy this will just use the camera to film themselves playing COD.

#7 Posted by Pudge (897 posts) -

Nope.

#8 Edited by BeachThunder (12087 posts) -

You already know...

#9 Posted by chiablo (951 posts) -

I have nicknamed collector's editions "a fool and his money" edition.

#11 Edited by Hector (3365 posts) -

Uh....no, but I am sure there are people preordering this as I post.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.