Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Ghosts

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Nov 15, 2013

The tenth installment of the long-running shooter franchise introduces a brand new storyline, where the United States is under threat from a coalition of South American nations, and must employ a special group of operatives known as "Ghosts" to survive.

RUMOR: X1 COD: Ghosts 720p, PS4 1080p. Titanfall 720p.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By AMyggen
    spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

AlexGlass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By AlexGlass

That would be surprising. I think it would hurt the perception of the X1 a bit more than the actual meaning of the news if true.

See this is why I don't want to get it at launch. Too much hype and unknowns going on right now. In both directions, imo. Gotta let the dust settle a bit.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Seems like a relatively weak rumor at that. I wouldn't be surprised if it's 720p on X1, but then, I would also expect it to be 720p or faux-1080p on PS4. Like some weird 920p or something.

They'll likely look almost identical in the end, but if this rumor is true, it may sway some COD bros.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, there seems to be a ton of rumors right now regarding different multiplatform games having a lower resolution on X1. The COD rumor seems potentially pretty huge.

I'm not buying a new console until next year. Too few launch window games interest me.

MikeJFlick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MikeJFlick

If true, I'm surprised that activision wouldn't just make it the same reguardless if the PS4 could handle a 1080 version or not, just to keep microsoft and it's xbone happy.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems like a relatively weak rumor at that. I wouldn't be surprised if it's 720p on X1, but then, I would also expect it to be 720p or faux-1080p on PS4. Like some weird 920p or something.

They'll likely look almost identical in the end, but if this rumor is true, it may sway some COD bros.

@amyggen said:

Yeah, there seems to be a ton of rumors right now regarding different multiplatform games having a lower resolution on X1. The COD rumor seems potentially pretty huge.

I'm not buying a new console until next year. Too few launch window games interest me.

The people who are buying COD are not buying it for aspect ratios. Chances are 90% of people do not even know about this.

JayEH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like the person above me said, the people who play CoD don't care about resolution the game runs at. They'll buy it on 360/One regardless.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#9  Edited By Kidavenger

As much as COD and XB1 aren't my things, you have to give Activision props on being able to optimise the crap out of that game on many platforms; If they can't get 1080p on the XB1, nobody can; that would be a massive failure on Microsoft, really worse than anything else that has been said about the XB1 so far; I really can't see it, it's unthinkable.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

As much as COD and XB1 aren't my things, you have to give Activision props on being able to optimise the crap out of that game on many platforms; If they can't get 1080p on the XB1, nobody can; that would be a massive failure on Microsoft, really worse than anything else that has been said about the XB1 so far; I really can't see it, it's unthinkable.

Forza 5.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Kidavenger

@kidavenger said:

Forza 5.

Ya?

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_laughing_man said:

@kidavenger said:

Forza 5.

Ya?

1080p and 60 FPS. I highly doubt this rumor is true. It seemed to start when 1080p from PS4 was posted and some gaf people thought it looked crap. Then out of no where 720p X1.

Also

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-11-call-of-duty-ghosts-runs-at-1080p-and-60fps-on-xbox-one-and-ps4

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Kidavenger

@kidavenger said:

@the_laughing_man said:

@kidavenger said:

Forza 5.

Ya?

1080p and 60 FPS. I highly doubt this rumor is true. It seemed to start when 1080p from PS4 was posted and some gaf people thought it looked crap. Then out of no where 720p X1.

Also

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-11-call-of-duty-ghosts-runs-at-1080p-and-60fps-on-xbox-one-and-ps4

So we agree then that this is a retarded rumor? good.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The bigger question is how well it runs on that wii u.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidavenger said:

@the_laughing_man said:

@kidavenger said:

Forza 5.

Ya?

Also

Apparantly, the now finalized UI is giving CoD hitch-ups in, for example multiplayer. The cause is the 1080p UI hogging too much video-resources so they scaled the XB1 version back to 720p. This is huge.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

@the_laughing_man said:

@kidavenger said:

@the_laughing_man said:

@kidavenger said:

Forza 5.

Ya?

Also

No. Back in June the UI was not operational yet. The now finalized UI is giving CoD hitch-ups in (for example) multiplayer. The cause is the 1080p UI hogging too much video-resources so they scaled the XB1 version back to 720p. The being able to snap all kinds of bullshit on screen is hitching up actual gameplay. Microsoft is bloating a console OS with three bloated OS's.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

@trafalgarlaw said:

@kidavenger said:

@the_laughing_man said:

@kidavenger said:

@the_laughing_man said:

@kidavenger said:

Forza 5.

Ya?

Also

No. Back in June the UI was not operational yet. The now finalized UI is giving CoD hitch-ups in (for example) multiplayer. The cause is the 1080p UI hogging too much video-resources so they scaled the XB1 version back to 720p. The being able to snap all kinds of bullshit on screen is hitching up actual gameplay. Microsoft is bloating a console OS with three bloated OS's.

Even if that is true who the hell will be able to tell? Or care. Like I said above. People who are getting COD are not getting it for aspect ratio.

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By benpicko

@truthtellah said:

@amyggen said:

The people who are buying COD are not buying it for aspect ratios. Chances are 90% of people do not even know about this.

But they're the same aspect ratios

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't get it. IGN posts videos of the game on PS4 at 1080p, and that somehow means the Xbox One version is running at 720?

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The difference between 720p and 1080p is noticeable. But more to the point, if this is true for a game like COD Ghost, I worry for the X1 when it comes to better looking games. But we'll see, I hope it's not true.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't get it. IGN posts videos of the game on PS4 at 1080p, and that somehow means the Xbox One version is running at 720?

Neogaf happened.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trafalgarlaw said:

@kidavenger said:

@the_laughing_man said:

@kidavenger said:

@the_laughing_man said:

@kidavenger said:

Forza 5.

Ya?

Also

Even if that is true who the hell will be able to tell?

Hitchups are easy to tell, going from 720p to 1080p is also noticable. Don't damage control this with "you won't notice". A 2013, $500 machine is expected to do 1080p by now.

AlexGlass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By AlexGlass
    @kidavenger said:

In the age of overreaction? Where is the fun in that?

An update from the guy that started it:

Holy shit.

So I just went to a couple meetings and then had dinner with my wife and my parents as we made plans for our move this winter. It was a nice talk. I wondered what was going on with gaf... Bish had admonished me, as I deserved, for teasing.

And then there's this thread. I haven't read the whole thing. I don't have it in me. Can I get a rough guestimate as to whats going on here? I see that people are assuming that my tease is related to this (which I'm still not even going to say if that's true or not, yet, because goddamnit if we're going to hold gaming journalists to higher standards I'm going to hold myself to them also). Anyway.... seems kinda meltdownish.

So I'm moving in February. You guys excited?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=87093475&postcount=1954

WTF is this shit?

I remember there was a time when if you posted things like this without a source on GAF it was an automatic ban. Now they start them and everyone goes apeshit. It's like we've come full circle.

2003: GAF: We will never be like Gamefaqs!

2013: Gamefaqs: Stop GAFing!

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidavenger said:

Holy shit.

So I just went to a couple meetings and then had dinner with my wife and my parents as we made plans for our move this winter. It was a nice talk. I wondered what was going on with gaf... Bish had admonished me, as I deserved, for teasing.

And then there's this thread. I haven't read the whole thing. I don't have it in me. Can I get a rough guestimate as to whats going on here? I see that people are assuming that my tease is related to this (which I'm still not even going to say if that's true or not, yet, because goddamnit if we're going to hold gaming journalists to higher standards I'm going to hold myself to them also). Anyway.... seems kinda meltdownish.

WTF is this shit?

I remember there was a time when if you posted things like this without a source on GAF it was an automatic ban. Now they start them and everyone goes apeshit. It's like we've come full circle.

So is he more or less going like "trolololol its not true"

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

@alexglass said:
    @kidavenger said:

Holy shit.

WTF is this shit?

The guy starting the thread is chubigans and he said nothing the like. That's mortimer not trying to break the bad news, his livelyhood could be compromised.

AlexGlass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mumbo jumbo?

I don't know but it's pretty ironic to talk about holding himself to higher journalism standards. Personally I applaud the IGN mods for just locking threads with baseless NeoGAF rumors. I don't trust their anonymous insider sources are any better than any other websites anonymous insider sources that they used to ban people for posting. One thing I actually used to respect about GAF because you knew the news was legit. Now it's like they live to start them and spread them.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidavenger said:

Holy shit.

WTF is this shit?

Wonder if this is true if it just means IW is just incompetent. Arnt they using the same engine from the last few games?

Avatar image for deactivated-58513b27f2513
    deactivated-58513b27f2513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only thing that sets off an alarm in my head to this being possibly true is Albert Panello giving a non-answer on twitter. That's not a good sign when PR does that. I'm reminded of Driveclub's director (or whomever it was) doing the same thing just last week before it was delayed. So I'm not going to call bullshit, yet.

Either way, Ghosts won't look too stellar in either resolution.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_laughing_man said:

Mumbo jumbo?

I don't know but it's pretty ironic to talk about holding himself to higher journalism standards. Personally I applaud the IGN mods for just locking threads with baseless NeoGAF rumors. I don't trust their anonymous insider sources are any better than any other websites anonymous insider sources that they used to ban people for posting. One thing I actually used to respect about GAF because you knew the news was legit. Now it's like they live to start them and spread them.

Supposedly this is what started all this.

http://i.imgur.com/eBn6ODI.png

AlexGlass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexglass said:

@the_laughing_man said:

Mumbo jumbo?

Supposedly this is what started all this.

http://i.imgur.com/eBn6ODI.png

Yeah see I don't get that. Put your name on it. If you have an inside source, you don't have to reveal it, but put your username on it, be clear, and stand by it. I think if you know you have this type of popularity and power to spread information, then it requires more responsibility and standards than what they have shown this year.

jgf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jgf

The only thing that sets off an alarm in my head to this being possibly true is Albert Panello giving a non-answer on twitter. That's not a good sign when PR does that. I'm reminded of Driveclub's director (or whomever it was) doing the same thing just last week before it was delayed. So I'm not going to call bullshit, yet.

Yeah, I also don't get this marketing speech babble. If the rumor is not true why not just confirm that its native 1080p/60fps and call it a day. Instead we get a wall of text basically saying nothing. Or if you don't want to respond to any rumor and speculation, do not respond to it at all. Its weird.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see who was right when nextgen hits the stores. It'll be fun watching all the rumors getting debunked or confirmed. At least we don't have to argue about this stuff anymore and can finally start gaming :)

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truthtellah said:

@amyggen said:

You'd be surprised, it was either black ops or mw3 but oen had a rumor it wasn't going to be 60fps and the CoD community freaked the fuck out.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jgf said:

@giganteus said:

Yeah, I also don't get this marketing speech babble. If the rumor is not true why not just confirm that its native 1080p/60fps and call it a day. Instead we get a wall of text basically saying nothing. Or if you don't want to respond to any rumor and speculation, do not respond to it at all. Its weird.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see who was right when nextgen hits the stores. It'll be fun watching all the rumors getting debunked or confirmed. At least we don't have to argue about this stuff anymore and can finally start gaming :)

Thats just it. Unless a website tells you 90% of people will not be able to tell.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supposedly Activision is doing a controlled environment review process that only huge ass games can get away with. What I heard was you got to chose a version.... either xbox one or PS4 and you didn't get to see the other one. You then go in and play it at their setup for a certain number of hours and that's it. Someone who saw the Xbox one version claims it's 720p.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

This reminds me a lot of when it came out that Call of Duty 4 ran at 560p or whatever. Yeah it's technically interesting I guess, but who really cares? Unless we're talking some serious 360 Madden '07 vs. PS3 Madden '07 jazz, no one is going to notice and it will affect nothing.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iamjohn said:

This reminds me a lot of when it came out that Call of Duty 4 ran at 560p or whatever. Yeah it's technically interesting I guess, but who really cares? Unless we're talking some serious 360 Madden '07 vs. PS3 Madden '07 jazz, no one is going to notice and it will affect nothing.

Wait 560p? What the hell is that? I demand compare shots!

AlexGlass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jgf said:

@giganteus said:

Yeah if we are to assume Albert has access or prior knowledge to all of this type of information. But if he doesn't, then wouldn't he need to find out?

If they do know and it's true, and MS is just hiding all of this from its fan base in order to collect pre-orders, fans are not going to be very happy. They better have a good reason.

Another update:

Ok.

Well, fuck being coy, obviously this is the rumor I heard. It's really thin, guys. Really thin. I want two sources on anything I post here or talk about on my podcast but this I really, really wanted two sources on. And there's a few wrinkles to it as well which are interesting (if they are true). I just cannot say whether it's true or not and this is obviously a huge fucking deal. Sales are at stake. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if MS put a goddamn hit out on me.

Anyway, this is the rumor. And it's thin. It's fucking thin. To be completely honest I don't believe it. I mean... it's just weird. Anyway - supposedly Activision is doing a controlled environment review process that only huge ass games can get away with. What I heard was you got to chose a version.... either xbox one or PS4 and you didn't get to see the other one. You then go in and play it at their setup for a certain number of hours and that's it. Someone who saw the Xbox one version claims it's 720p.

Did this person count pixels? Is this known info they are telling people? Is it upscaled? I don't know the answers to any of these questions. It doesn't even make sense to me... CoD is a pretty shitty looking game, why in the hell could it not run at 1080p? I feel like if they took the time they could get the 360 version at 1080p if they wanted to... the engine is older than me. But, that's what was said.

It's impossible to get a second source because everyone is, obviously, under NDA. No one wants to get blacklisted by Activision.

And now for my opinion....

Driveclub being delayed I was pretty damn certain on. It wasn't a flimsy rumor like this. But the one thing that I'm noticing here is that the non-responses are the same. I was nervous about the driveclub thing because I was out here by myself with some random ass site I never heard of (kudos to them for being right though) and if the info ended up being wrong I was going to look like a huge asshole. Each non-answer given made me feel better about being right.

If the game is running at 1080p there's no reason to give non-answers. That's not info you want to hide. So looking at it from this angle - the rumor exists and non answers are given - I feel like that gives credence to the rumor.

But... but... but...! I've been right about a lot of shit. I should have never teased this because this rumor is fucking flimsy. More flimsy than PS4 in October which the entire internet believed. I'm not saying it's true. I expect 900p to be honest. That's a guess. I don't know. I do know there is a lot of chatter about the xbox struggling to hit 1080p.

Also, why the fuck not, Titanfall has been rumored to be targeting 720p on the xbox one as well. I'm sure that probably came up in this thread already by someone... but, yeah, that rumor seems more solid than this CoD one. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=87095707&postcount=2179

So a 1,000 word essay on explaining that it's a weak rumor, doesn't know jack shit, and starting another one.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By iamjohn
    @the_laughing_man said:

@iamjohn said:

Wait 560p? What the hell is that? I demand compare shots!

Both the PS3 and 360 versions ran at that resolution IIRC, but I could be misremembering.

EDIT:Well, 600 is basically the same thing as 560, right?

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jgf said:

@giganteus said:

Yeah if we are to assume Albert has access or prior knowledge to all of this type of information. But if he doesn't, then wouldn't he need to find out?

If they do know and it's true, and MS is just hiding all of this from its fan base in order to collect pre-orders, fans are not going to be very happy. They better have a good reason.

Another update:

Ok.

Well, fuck being coy, obviously this is the rumor I heard. It's really thin, guys. Really thin. I want two sources on anything I post here or talk about on my podcast but this I really, really wanted two sources on. And there's a few wrinkles to it as well which are interesting (if they are true). I just cannot say whether it's true or not and this is obviously a huge fucking deal. Sales are at stake. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if MS put a goddamn hit out on me.

Anyway, this is the rumor. And it's thin. It's fucking thin. To be completely honest I don't believe it. I mean... it's just weird. Anyway - supposedly Activision is doing a controlled environment review process that only huge ass games can get away with. What I heard was you got to chose a version.... either xbox one or PS4 and you didn't get to see the other one. You then go in and play it at their setup for a certain number of hours and that's it. Someone who saw the Xbox one version claims it's 720p.

Did this person count pixels? Is this known info they are telling people? Is it upscaled? I don't know the answers to any of these questions. It doesn't even make sense to me... CoD is a pretty shitty looking game, why in the hell could it not run at 1080p? I feel like if they took the time they could get the 360 version at 1080p if they wanted to... the engine is older than me. But, that's what was said.

It's impossible to get a second source because everyone is, obviously, under NDA. No one wants to get blacklisted by Activision.

And now for my opinion....

Driveclub being delayed I was pretty damn certain on. It wasn't a flimsy rumor like this. But the one thing that I'm noticing here is that the non-responses are the same. I was nervous about the driveclub thing because I was out here by myself with some random ass site I never heard of (kudos to them for being right though) and if the info ended up being wrong I was going to look like a huge asshole. Each non-answer given made me feel better about being right.

If the game is running at 1080p there's no reason to give non-answers. That's not info you want to hide. So looking at it from this angle - the rumor exists and non answers are given - I feel like that gives credence to the rumor.

But... but... but...! I've been right about a lot of shit. I should have never teased this because this rumor is fucking flimsy. More flimsy than PS4 in October which the entire internet believed. I'm not saying it's true. I expect 900p to be honest. That's a guess. I don't know. I do know there is a lot of chatter about the xbox struggling to hit 1080p.

Also, why the fuck not, Titanfall has been rumored to be targeting 720p on the xbox one as well. I'm sure that probably came up in this thread already by someone... but, yeah, that rumor seems more solid than this CoD one. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=87095707&postcount=2179

So a 1,000 word essay on explaining that it's a weak rumor, doesn't know jack shit, and starting another one.

Wow...just...wow.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's no way this guy isn't getting banned for this.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, this kind of back and forth from someone seems like something that would have gotten someone banned from GAF a while back.

AlexGlass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By AlexGlass

Considering the ENTIRE internet had no clue K.I. ran at 720p until the devs stated it, or Ryse ran at 900p upscaled until the devs stated it, not only do I find this recent obsession with resolution and the correlation with the be all, end all of what makes graphics or power ridiculous, but you would think you wouldn't trust some guy who thinks he saw it running at 720p.

There were millions of people online analyzing screens for months, and I don't remember ONE guy that came out and said...wait a minute guys...it's NOT 1080p BEFORE someone asked the devs and they confirmed it.

Does anyone else remember? Because I sure as hell don't. I remember Twitter confirmations. That's all.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Wait, I'm confused... Call of Duty Ghosts doesn't even look next-gen to begin with. Where are these claims coming from?

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged said:

Wait, I'm confused... Call of Duty Ghosts doesn't even look next-gen to begin with. Where are these claims coming from?

It looks like it started as a troll comment that spun out of control.

Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Warfare

@giganteus said:

The only thing that sets off an alarm in my head to this being possibly true is Albert Panello giving a non-answer on twitter.That's not a good sign when PR does that. I'm reminded of Driveclub's director (or whomever it was) doing the same thing just last week before it was delayed. So I'm not going to call bullshit, yet.

Same here.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

@the_laughing_man said:

@deranged said:

It looks like it started as a troll comment that spun out of control.

Yeah a "troll comment" Head Chief Xbox PR Albert Penello had to comment on and do serious damage control. There is definitely stuff going on behind the scenes.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering the ENTIRE internet had no clue K.I. ran at 720p until the devs stated it, or Ryse ran at 900p upscaled until the devs stated it, not only do I find this recent obsession with resolution and the correlation with the be all, end all of what makes graphics or power ridiculous, but you would think you wouldn't trust some guy who thinks he saw it running at 720p.

There were millions of people online analyzing screens for months, and I don't remember ONE guy that came out and said...wait a minute guys...it's NOT 1080p BEFORE someone asked the devs and they confirmed it.

Does anyone else remember? Because I sure as hell don't. I remember Twitter confirmations. That's all.

Even if this is true doesnt MS have an amazing upscaller?

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

@the_laughing_man said:

@alexglass said:

Even if this is true doesnt MS have an amazing upscaller?

The prospect of being stuck with 720p upscaled games for another decade paints a pretty bleak future for xbox.

Nefarious_Al

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sucks for Xbone if true. Still getting one sometime next year, but looks like I made the right choice for my launch system.

Not getting COD though. That is shit is played out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.